ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gabrial Pennicott - conartist extraordinaire
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:03 pm 

On 15 March 2010, Pennicott victims Neil & Adele Taylor of Melbourne Australia, obtained judgement in the Melbourne Supreme court (Justice Hargrave), against Gary Gosling - a puppet director of Gabrial Pennicott's company - IBP Capital Pty Ltd.

Gosling was found guilty of misleading and deceptive conduct, and together with Pennicott was held liable to pay the Taylors a sum of some $340,000 (made up of their stolen $200,000 plus approximately $140,000 in interest & costs). Both Gosling and Pennicott were held joint and severally liable.

Pennicott was also held seperately responsible for a further approximate $45,000 in missing funds.

In his judgment, Justice Hargraves wrote at paragraph 148: "In my view Mr Pennicott was solely reponsible for the loss suffered by the Taylors as a result of them making the private placement loan."

Also at paragraph 127: "They dealt with Mr Pennicott and Ms Li, who engaged in extreme delaying tactics and obfuscation. I have no doubt that they lied to the Taylors repeatedly"

Last edited by anja on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:03 am 

GP's trial should have concluded by now--So what was the verdict? Why doesn't someone post the court transcript?

Post subject: Re: Gabe or Gabriel Pennicott
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:05 am 

ChaseScamMan wrote:
Can anyone provide any more information on his address or contact details?

I know for a fact that this rogue lives in West Vancouver.

All I need his the company he works for.

His wife, Cynthia Cowie, has her name in the telephone directory

ChaseTheScamMan

i have his details current if u still want them

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:20 pm 

Pennicott and his new family currently reside in Mermaid Waters, Queensland, Australia, in a nice large modern house, with swimming pool, etc, where they have been for the last year or so - not Vancouver.

Mr Pennicott's trial started in late August 2010 in Melbourne, Australia's county court, but after a few days, judge Pilgrim dismissed the jury and ordered a retrial starting 2 May 2011. There are valid legal reasons for what occured, non of which diminish the prosecutions case or witnesses resolve.

Recent court decisions such as the sentencing of another property & finance spruiking conman Kovelan Bangaru on 17 December 2010 in Sydney, NSW, lead us to conclude Pennicott will be going to jail for quite a few years.

Bangaru was sentenced to 8 -1/2 years with a non parole period of 6 years, 4 months - convicted on 13 charges of defrauding small investors of $3.7 million, and lending institutions of $19.8 million. Bangaru was found guilty in August on 4 charges of obtaining a financial advantage for his company by making a false statement, and nine charges of obtaining a financial advantage by deception.

Pennicott is up on 47 similar or related charges, so we expect a similar sentence.

On the matter of Pennicott's insolvency, all the legal steps have been taken so that unless Pennicott pays certain creditors lots of money by the beginning of May next year, he wil be formally judged bankrupt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:47 pm 

Gabrial Pennicott was found guilty on all 23 charges in the County Court, Melbourne two days ago. No word yet on the sentence. Time for all those people who he ripped off to rejoice although it won't get you any money back but rest assured he will do some, hopefully lots, of jail time as his co-conspiritor, Jane Li received a 3 year suspended sentence and gave evidence against him in this trial. The smug, arrogant bastard gets everything he deserves, well done to the prosecutor and the jury!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:04 pm 

It is just unbelievable that it takes about a decade to hold someone like Pennicott accountable for the devastation he has caused in other people's lives. In the meantime I'm sure there is no doubt that he has hidden away millions $$ of other people's money, and he (and certain members of his family) will continue to benefit from this. I am told that Pennicott has close links to one of the penticostle churches on the Gold Coast. Many of the church members have been blindly supporting him, and believing in his innocence,(just like his wife Cynthia has since she met him on the run in Canada). Watch the church members now as they attempt to defend their sense of pride over the verdict. It always amazes me how instead of admitting they must have been wrong, church members will often come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories, and their support for the devil in their midst will simply grow stronger.
As for Gabriel, no jail sentence you are likely to get will be long enough, but I guess that Karma has finally come back to give you the nip on the arse you have so richly deserved for so long. Great to see!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:16 pm 

[size=200]Gabrial Pennicott is a GOOD MAN and he loves his family and his family LOVES HIM!
These charges were from something that happened 9 years ago, he is a different person. FYI he didn't 'steal' anything GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! He has a family who love him NO MATTER WHAT! No matter how many news papers you stuff in our faces with exaggerated information, WE STILL LOVE HIM!!!!!!!

Who am i? i wont hide my identity like you cowards who sit behind your computers belting out the first part of incorrect information you hear!
I AM HIS DAUGHTER! AND I LOVE HIM TO STARS, THE MOON AND BACK! So you cowards, (who i know most of you knew/know ME on personal level) Leave my dad and our family ALONE, stop focusing on our lives and focus on your own.

My dad and step mum have been the BEST parents to me constantly giving me love and protection. My dad is the nicest, selfless, caring, Godly man, and if you dont know my dad to be those things, then you dont know him! therefore you shouldn't be judging him and making false accusations, from the hate thats in your heart!

As i'm sure you are all well aware since you know 'SO MUCH' about my fathers life, that my dad fathers 8 children EVERY SINGLE ONE of our hearts are broken and while you are cheering victoriously the reality is we have to try survive without our daddy...

My daddy isnt a bad man like you fools make him out to be! I will standup for my dad no matter what! And as for our religious beliefs, since you all want to touch on that SO MUCH! Yes we are Christian and we are FIRM believers in Jesus Christ, and we know God turns bad to good in all things so no MATTER WHAT happens to my daddy I know that God will turn the bad situation to good in the end.

as a side note;
I am very disappointed in some of the people who have written on this pathetic website... you may think you have concealed your identity, but i know who you are...

We are family, we will stick together no matter what!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:11 am 

Bazalbrush wrote:
In the meantime I'm sure there is no doubt that he has hidden away millions $$ of other people's money, and he (and certain members of his family) will continue to benefit from this.

But will he or they get to keep it??....The gov especially in Vic goes in hard to take money away from crims....Mockbel being a good example....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:07 pm 

Australian Securities and Investment Commission website - http://www.asic.gov.au

Press Release - 11-143AD

Gabrial Neil Pennicott found guilty

Friday 15 July 2011

Mr Gabrial Neil Pennicott, a former director of Sunset Capital Pty Ltd and property investment scheme promoter, has been found guilty in the County Court of Victoria of 23 criminal charges brought by ASIC.

Mr Pennicott, of Mermaid Waters, Queensland, was found guilty by a jury on 13 July 2011 of:
six charges of dishonestly using his position as a director or officer of various companies contrary to section 184(2)(a) of the Corporations Act;
four charges of dishonestly obtaining property by deception contrary to section 81 of the Victorian Crimes Act;
six charges of dishonestly obtaining a financial advantage by deception contrary to section 82(1) of the Victorian Crimes Act; and
seven charges of attempting to dishonestly obtain a financial advantage by deception contrary to sections 321M and 82(1) of the Victorian Crimes Act.

The transactions relating to the above charges involved Mr Pennicott:
transferring shares owned by companies he controlled at artificially inflated prices so as to change the balances of inter-company loan accounts between the companies. The value of these transactions was $2,465,000;
transferring and attempting to transfer shares at artificially inflated prices to repay and attempt to repay amounts owed to lenders to a company he controlled in lieu of repaying the monies owed. The value of these transactions was $1,238,456.49;
transferring shares at artificially inflated prices to himself and another person in lieu of being repaid amounts owed to them and then transferring the same shares to another company controlled by him which resulted in cash being paid to Mr Pennicott and the other person. The value of these transactions was $125,000; and
selling shares to investors which were artificially inflated in price and then obtaining shares for a company that he controlled and to which the company was not entitled. The value of these transactions was $200,000.

Mr Pennicott was remanded in custody. A plea hearing will take place on 26 August 2011.

The Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions prosecuted the matter.
Background

In late 2004, Mr Pennicott left Australia. On 26 April 2007, Mr Pennicott was arrested in British Columbia, Canada, following a request by the Australian Government to Canadian authorities to issue a provisional arrest warrant.

On 7 December 2007, Mr Pennicott consented to being extradited to Australia before the Supreme Court of British Columbia and was placed into custody pending his extradition to Australia. On 21 December 2007, Mr Pennicott appeared at the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court following his extradition from Canada.

On 30 April 2009, Mr Pennicott was permanently banned by ASIC from the financial securities industry.

Please refer to previous ASIC media releases 07-112, 07-342, 08-03 and 09-23AD for further details in relation to the above matter.

The maximum penalty in relation to offences against section 184(2)(a) of the Corporations Act is 2,000 penalty units or imprisonment for five years or both.

The maximum penalties in relation to offences against the Victorian Crimes Act are as follows:
Offences contrary to section 81 and section 82(1): 10 years maximum
Offences of attempt contrary to section 82(1) and section 321M: 5 years maximum

Last edited by anja on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 pm 

Australian Securities and Investment Commission - website - http://www.asic.gov.au

Press release - 11-142AD

Jan Li pleads guilty to breaching directors' duties

Friday 15 July 2011

Ms Jan Li, of Box Hill, Victoria has pleaded guilty to breaching directors' duties.

Ms Li, who is also known as Jane Lee, entered the plea in the County Court of Victoria to six charges of dishonestly using her position as a director or officer of a corporation contrary to section 184(2) of the Corporations Act.

Ms Li was a director or officer of IBP Venture Capital Reserve Ltd, Urban Investment Services Pty Ltd, IBP Property Holdings Pty Ltd and Sunset Capital Pty Ltd.

Ms Li transferred shares owned by companies she controlled at artificially inflated prices so as to change the balances of inter-company loan accounts between the companies. The value of these transactions was $2,465,000.

Ms Li transferred shares at artificially inflated prices to herself and one other person in lieu of being repaid amounts owed to them. Further, Ms Li and the other person then transferred the shares to another company controlled by Ms Li, which paid money for the shares to Ms Li and the other person. The value of these transactions was $125,000.

Ms Li was sentenced to a total effective sentence of 34 months imprisonment. Ms Li was ordered to be released forthwith upon entering into a recognisance in the sum of $5000 to be of good behaviour for a period of 36 months.

The Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions prosecuted the matter.
Background

On 6 May 2009 ASIC banned Ms Li for 8 years from the financial securities industry.

Please refer to previous ASIC media releases 08-03 and 09-23AD for further details of the above matter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:15 am 

Gabrial Pennicott who is currently being held in prison, was due to be sentenced in the Melbourne County court on 19 September 2011, but his sentencing was adjourned until 13 October 2011, and has now been adjourned until 28 October 2011.

Lets hope this is it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:21 am 

On 28 October 2011, Gabrial Pennicott was sentenced in the County Court of Victoria, Australia, to 4 years and 7 months jail, with a non-parole period of 3 years and 3 months, based upon being found guilty on all 23 charges under both the Corporations Act and the Victorian Crimes act (the court had previously joined the 47 charges together to make 23). Pennicott has already served 130 days in jail, including 23 in Canada.

The judge said that Gabrial was also:
permanently banned from working in the financial services industry;
disqualified automatically for a number of years from being a company director;
an undischarged bankrupt since April 2011.

Pennicott has 28 days to try to lodge an appeal.
Interested persons can obtain a copy of the judgement for a fee by writing to the County Court, Victoria, Australia.

Post subject: Re: Gabrial Pennicott - conartist extraordinaire Bjorn R Kor
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:03 am 

$140,000,000. Bjorn Ronald Koritz
The New Scammer on the Block, an Old Lawyer from NY, Bjorn Ronald Koritz and his Afro American Partner Steven Gentry. They have just recently completed a money laundry project worth over 140,000,000. $ YES that is 140,000,000. $ I will be posting full detail since the case is still under investigation, by FBI and home land security.
Steven Gentry is from Hawaii but he operates mainly from NY, him and Bjorn recently did a full skill money laundry from Asia, through Bjorn R Koritz covers as a lawyer, their partner Mr. Roger Hedin however was left out and never got paid, Steven Gentry has few felony in US and has been arrested for fraud, Steven Gentry and Bjorn R Koritz $140,000,000 Scam is under full investigation and soon you will hear it on CNN.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 am 

Hi Everyone,

I have been in gaol with Mr Pennicott and believe me, everything that is said about him is true. He gives the impression that he is your friend and he is trying to do the right thing by you but all he is doing is conning you. I learned this the hard way. We were to go into a buniess venture together and he made all sorts of promises but in the end they did nnot eventuate. I did however do and give certain things to him thinking that we were business partners....How wrong was I.

This guy is scum and if anyone needs further information please feel free to contact me and ill be happy to talk. His wife, Cindy, or Cinthia as she is called is as deluded as he is. The time where she realises what a con man and peice of crap this guy is the better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 pm 

For those interseted - Here is his residental address for service of any documents:-

7 Volante Crescent
Mermaid Waters
QLD :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next