ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Data Entry Career
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:48 am 

Please help me find out if this is a scam or not. It sounded good when I got the first mail but than the last one I had to pay for training materials. Which I can understand training would cost but I just want to make sure this is not an other scam to get your money.

If anybody has tried this or knows about it or can give me any kind of information of what this program consists of when working for them, Please let me know.
It states they do not consist of Clickbank, PPC work. What do they do?

Ok, enough, below are the emails I received attached to this post.

I hope someone is willing to clarify this program.

Ok, I can't attach any files. I guess I just copy/paste it in my post. It will be long now. But I hope someone will read through it anyway and help me out.

First email:
Hello!

Thank you for your interest in this position! Due to recent growth, we must outsource to help with the increase of our customer demand. We are in need of immediate assistance, however we must be selective in the individuals we choose. Our team members are dealing with our customers and customer satisfaction is above the up most importance to our success! Although, you will never be physically or verbally in contact with our customers (all email based), we still require our team members to be professional, efficient, and courteous. Being that almost 100% of this business is done online and via email, it can be new territory for some, however very easy to become accustomed to and in favor of. We are here to help this be any easy transition for our new team members. You will see after the first couple weeks how convenient and efficient it is doing business strictly online with no physical or verbal contact with customers. Many large corporations successfully revolve strictly online. A couple perfect examples are Ebay and Overstock.com. I just have a couple of questions to make sure you are a good fit.

#1.) How many hours/day can you seriously dedicate to this position?
#2.) Do you have a computer with internet access that you can use during these hours you've set aside for this position?
#3.) Do you have fairly good grammar skills?
#4.) Can you self-motivate?

I am looking for someone who can do customer response a few hours a day. It is very tedious work, so little or no distraction is a plus! You will NOT be micromanaged, so you will have to self-motivate to get the job done. You will be paid upon completion of each job. There's plenty of work to keep you busy for whatever your schedule may be. The amount of money you make will be determined by how much time and effort you put into it. Many of my new team members start out making OVER $2,500/month and grow from there. It ALL depends on your schedule and dedication. Please think this over and answer these questions truthfully. Once completed, send them back to me so I can make a proper decision. If chosen for this position, I will contact you and you may begin working ASAP. Hopefully, you can be a new team member and on your way to earning a terrific income! Thanks and have a great day!

Kind Regards,
Jan Lankhaar
Recruiting Director
MyDataEntryCareer

mydataentrycareer@yahoo.com

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Second eMail:

Hello Mieke,

I must apologize for the delay in getting back to you. The work here has been very hectic.
I did indeed received your response and information. I think you will fit very nicely in with our fellow team members. I have attached for your convenience a welcoming letter from our CEO and further instructions. Please follow them very carefully. As soon as you have completed that your manual and instructions will be sent to you promptly.

Again, thank you for joining our team ! Welcome aboard!

Jan

Mieke wrote:

Just wanted to find out if you've received my email the other day.
I would appreciate an answer no matter what the decision is to hire me
for this position.
In case you did not get my email here are the answers to your questions
again:

1. I can work 8 hours a day/ 40 hours a week. I need a job asap. I can
work full time, part time, overtime, in the weekends, evenings, all week
and nights.
I am basically here for your convenience. I will and can work
whenever you need me.
2. I have a computer with internet access and I can use this all day,
night and every day of the week. When ever you need me to use it.
3. I have very good grammar skills I believe. I can be professional and
costumer friendly service is a requirement in my eyes.
4. I'm very well capable of motivating my self to work. The biggest
reason is that I really need some work, preferable steady and longterm,
also when I take on a
project, job or anything really I go for it all, I will finish it in
great standard so I can look back at it with pride. I am very precise
and meticulous in what I do.
I want to be as perfect as possible.

I hope these will answer your questions and I hope to hear from you very
soon.
Mieke, Wilhelmina van Son

Janis Lankhaar wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Thank you for your interest in this position! Due to recent growth,
> we must outsource to help with the increase of our customer demand.
> We are in need of immediate assistance, however we must be selective
> in the individuals we choose. Our team members are dealing with our
> customers and customer satisfaction is above the up most importance to
> our success! Although, you will never be physically or verbally in
> contact with our customers (all email based), we still require our
> team members to be professional, efficient, and courteous. Being that
> almost 100% of this business is done online and via email, it can be
> new territory for some, however very easy to become accustomed to and
> in favor of. We are here to help this be any easy transition for our
> new team members. You will see after the first couple weeks how
> convenient and efficient it is doing business strictly online with no
> physical or verbal contact with customers. Many large corporations
> successfully revolve strictly online. A couple perfect examples are
> Ebay and Overstock.com . I just have a couple
> of questions to make sure you are a good fit.
>
> #1.) How many hours/day can you _seriously_ dedicate to this position?
> #2.) Do you have a computer with internet access that you can use
> during these hours you've set aside for this position?
> #3.) Do you have fairly good grammar skills?
> #4.) Can you self-motivate?
>
> I am looking for someone who can do customer response a few hours a
> day. It is very tedious work, so little or no distraction is a plus!
> You will NOT be micromanaged, so you will have to self-motivate to get
> the job done. You will be paid upon completion of each job. There's
> plenty of work to keep you busy for whatever your schedule may be.
> The amount of money you make will be determined by how much time and
> effort you put into it. Many of my new team members start out making
> OVER $2,500/month and grow from there. It ALL depends on your
> schedule and dedication. Please think this over and answer these
> questions truthfully. Once completed, send them back to me so I can
> make a proper decision. If chosen for this position, I will contact
> you and you may begin working ASAP. Hopefully, you can be a new team
> member and on your way to earning a terrific income! Thanks and have
> a great day!
>
>
> Kind Regards,
> Jan Lankhaar
> Recruiting Director
> MyDataEntryCareer
>
> mydataentrycareer@yahoo.com
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try
> it now.
>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Welcome Aboard Fellow Team Member!

JOB DESCRIPTION
Earn ~$300-$700+/wk. Personal online/email training and support. Work your own hours - days, nights, weekends. This position will consist of sending/receiving emails, processing orders, and general typing. The work will be sent to you upon your request. There are NO sales, cold calling, talking to strangers, click banks, or taking surveys! This is all friendly, customer-based response. These are long-term customers that we as an organization need your help keeping up with. Customer care and timely customer response is crucial in having a successful business. This home-based position gives you the opportunity to earn $100 or more per day! The amount of work you choose to do is entirely up to you and your schedule. Once the work is completed, you will be compensated. Your compensation per week will depend on your typing skills and customer response time. Compensation is as follows: Each online customer response should take about 1 minute. Each customer response will contain, at most, 40 words. In a 2-3 hour work window, you should be able to respond to approximately 100-150 customers. You will be paid per customer response and on average expect to earn $600/week (keeping these figures). The amount of money you earn is entirely up to you!

YOUR REQUIREMENTS
Computer with Internet/Email access. Good typing skills. Basic Internet knowledge. Excellent work ethic. Self-Motivation/Dedication. Courteous customer care.
**If you set aside 2 hours, PLEASE make sure you show up and stick it out b/c once you request it, the work’s going to be there for you.**

TRAINING
The MyWorkIsDataEntry Training Manual you receive will give you STEP-BY-STEP instructions on how to get started. Very simple to follow, however if you have questions we're here for you! When you receive your Training Manual and first work order, you may begin working immediately! There is NO special software required for this position. There is a ONE-TIME fee of $14.95 for the MyWorkIsDataEntry Training Manual. This fee is to weed out the "curious from the serious.” You will make back this fee in about 10 minutes of work! This cost will cover the Training Manual and first work order sent to you. Please understand that as much as we would like to not charge this small processing fee, we must protect ourselves from those who are not serious about working and to pay for the cost of the Training Manual sent to you, pay those who answer your questions/emails, etc. NO business can afford to cover administrative costs, wasted time, or provide valuable materials to everyone who inquires about this position. There will be NO other fees after you start. This is guaranteed in writing in your training manual. Your MyWorkIsDataEntry Training Manual will be sent out the day the fee is received. I accept payment through pay pal.com. Please remit in the amount of $14.95 to: http://www.paypal.com and then select payment to: mydataentrycareer@yahoo.com.

Page 2

Once fee is sent, please email Recruiting Director, Jan: mydataentrycareer@yahoo.com, and provide ALL contact information including YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, AND EMAIL ADDRESS so she is notified where and when to send your Training Manual. Please include ALL your information with the fee as well.

Kind Regards,

M. Kushma
Vice President of Operations
MyWorkIsDataEntry

Post subject: Re: My Data Entry Career
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:43 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Here are the clues that it is a scam . . .

you will never be physically or verbally in contact with our customers (all email based)

almost 100% of this business is done online and via email,

Do you have fairly good grammar skills? (they are setting you up to be the middle man and know that poor grammer throws people off of these scams)

Please think this over and answer these questions truthfully. Once completed, send them back to me so I can make a proper decision. If chosen for this position, I will contact you and you may begin working ASAP.

Answer the questions on if you have a computer, if you have good grammer and how much time do you want to dedicate to this, but don't tell me about your past jobs or give me any references to check on you. :?

mydataentrycareer@yahoo.com (a yahoo email account)
I think you will fit very nicely in with our fellow team members. (wait . . . if you have no contact with other people then why do you need to be a good fit with fellow team members?)

All of the info below sounds like a typical MLM scam . . . I am going to guess that the packet will tell you how to post ads like the one you answered, and then respond to the people who contact you off of those ads, and then get THEM to pay for the training packet . . . your commission comes off of the customers you get to join (pay for the packet)

Each online customer response should take about 1 minute. Each customer response will contain, at most, 40 words. In a 2-3 hour work window, you should be able to respond to approximately 100-150 customers. You will be paid per customer response and on average expect to earn $600/week (keeping these figures). The amount of money you earn is entirely up to you!

YOUR REQUIREMENTS
Computer with Internet/Email access. Good typing skills. Basic Internet knowledge. Excellent work ethic. Self-Motivation/Dedication. Courteous customer care.
**If you set aside 2 hours, PLEASE make sure you show up and stick it out b/c once you request it, the work’s going to be there for you.**

TRAINING
The MyWorkIsDataEntry Training Manual you receive will give you STEP-BY-STEP instructions on how to get started. Very simple to follow, however if you have questions we're here for you! When you receive your Training Manual and first work order, you may begin working immediately! There is NO special software required for this position. There is a ONE-TIME fee of $14.95 for the MyWorkIsDataEntry Training Manual. This fee is to weed out the "curious from the serious.” You will make back this fee in about 10 minutes of work! This cost will cover the Training Manual and first work order sent to you. Please understand that as much as we would like to not charge this small processing fee, we must protect ourselves from those who are not serious about working and to pay for the cost of the Training Manual sent to you, pay those who answer your questions/emails, etc. NO business can afford to cover administrative costs, wasted time, or provide valuable materials to everyone who inquires about this position. There will be NO other fees after you start. This is guaranteed in writing in your training manual. Your MyWorkIsDataEntry Training Manual will be sent out the day the fee is received. I accept payment through pay pal.com. Please remit in the amount of $14.95 to: http://www.paypal.com and then select payment to: mydataentrycareer@yahoo.com.

Page 2

Once fee is sent, please email Recruiting Director, Jan: mydataentrycareer@yahoo.com, and provide ALL contact information including YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, AND EMAIL ADDRESS so she is notified where and when to send your Training Manual. Please include ALL your information with the fee as well.

Kind Regards,

M. Kushma
Vice President of Operations
MyWorkIsDataEntry

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:56 pm 

Thanks a lot. Now that you put it right in front of me like this. You are right. Stupid to think it's real. I should know better, I've been scammed enough. I'm just desperately trying to find some work. I have a sick husband, no insurance to pay for care, no work available in and around my town for foreign people like me.
But I guess it's going to be hard to come by a job on the internet without getting scammed.

Anyway, thank you so much for this site and most of all your fast responds. I really do appreciate it and I've got to say it really brings light to lots of other things I've been looking at.

Again thanks a bunch.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:38 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

mieke wrote:
Thanks a lot. Now that you put it right in front of me like this. You are right. Stupid to think it's real.

I just want you to know, I do not think you are stupid for asking about these jobs. That is the only way that people will learn is if they ask, and then take a step back and look at things again. These red flags pop out at me right away because I have been looking at these kinds of letters and offers for YEARS.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:23 pm 

Vancouver, BC Craigslist is reporting the same thing. I thought it was pretty convincing, and I almost bought it:

Employment Online would like to thank you for taking the time to review and honestly answer the questions. Truthfully, that was simply an exercise to see how well you follow instructions. Most people overlook the simplest tasks, especially if they feel it's a waste of time. I'm glad you took the time to answer the questions as it shows dedication to detail which is exactly what is needed for this position. I'm happy to say that you have been selected for this position and I look forward to helping you get started! This is a wonderful job opportunity working from home. It's an exciting and financially rewarding position working either P/T or F/T. From here on out, you can look to me for any support while learning the ropes! To begin working, please read the message below from our Vice President of Operations.
Kind Regards,
Andy Johnson
ajohn.online@gmail.com
Human Resources Director
Employment Online.

Welcome Aboard Fellow Team Member!
JOB DESCRIPTION
Earn ~$300-$700+/wk. Personal on line/email training and support.. Work your own hours - days, nights, weekends. This position will consist of sending/receiving emails, processing orders, and general typing. The work will be sent to you upon your request. There are NO sales, cold calling, talking to strangers, click banks, or taking surveys! This is all friendly, customer-based response. These are customers that we as an organization need your help keeping up with. Customer care and timely customer response is crucial in having a successful business. This home-based position gives you the opportunity to earn $100 or more per day! The amount of work you choose to do is entirely up to you and your schedule. Once the work is completed, you will be compensated. Your compensation per week will depend on your typing skills and customer response time. Compensation is as follows: Each on line customer response should take about 1 minute. Each customer response will contain, at most, 40 words. In a 2-3 hour work window, you should be able to respond to approximately 100-150 customers. You will be paid per customer response and on average expect to earn $600/week (keeping these figures). The amount of money you earn is entirely up to you! You can get paid daily through PayPal or through paper checks; whichever you prefer.
YOUR REQUIREMENTS

TRAINING
The Training Manual you receive will give you STEP-BY-STEP instructions on how to get started. Very simple to follow, however if you have questions we're here for you! When you receive your Training Manual and first work order, you may begin working immediately! There is NO special software required for this position. There is a ONE-TIME fee of $11.95 for the Training Manual. This fee is to weed out the "curious from the serious." You will make back this fee in about 10 minutes of work! This cost will cover the Training Manual and first work order sent to you. Please understand that as much as we would like to not charge this small processing fee, we must protect ourselves from those who are not serious about working and to pay for the cost of the Training Manual sent to you, pay those who answer your questions/emails, etc. NO business can afford to cover administrative costs, wasted time, or provide valuable materials to everyone who inquires about this position. There will be NO other fees after you start. This is guaranteed in writing in your training manual. Your Training Manual will be emailed out the day the fee is received. Please make payment throw Paypal. Below you will find the link, Click or copy and paste the link to your browser to get started.
==================================================================================================================
Click the PayPal link below to get started!
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... _id=689498
==================================================================================================================
If you don't have a PayPal account and would like to sign up click below:
https://www.paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=PRDDTWLEYKK8Q
Once fee is sent, please email Human Resource Director, Johnson and provide ALL contact information including YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, AND EMAIL ADDRESS so he is notified where and when to send your Training Manual. His email address is ajohn.online@gmail.com Kind Regards,

Sincerely,
Vice President of Operations.
George Moye

The Online Employment Team

Employment Online
7228 Wild Carrot.
Las Vegas, NV 89129

e.online.team@gmail.com

© 2007 Employment Online - All Rights Reserved
You can also pay with alert Pay
Click the Alert Pay link below to get started!
https://www.alertpay.com/PayProcess.asp ... V4c2JzZAM=

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:45 am 

Here is the the email I returned to the scammer aobut 5 minutes before I found this website. Please ignore the grammar, and enjoy my lashing :D

To Whom It May Concern:

This appears to be a scam, and where there is smoke there is usually fire. Basically it appears that this scam is to teach me to do exactly as you have done. Find resumes of people who want to work @ home by posting erroneous ads on search engines, then conning idiots out of 12 bucks.

If this is a scam as I believe it to be then stop ripping people off and get a real job. Or at least clean up your emails so you don't get caught so easily. In the 80's there was a scam similar to this only it used the postal service instead of pay pal and email.

This email tells me nothing about the type of email customer care I will be doing. Other companies such as eBay utilize email support and are very detailed about the job description. They also have a 4 to 6 week training course that is rather intensive. If this happens to be a legitimate company performing legitimate email customer support then I must demand “free” training as all other legitimate employers provide.

Alternatively; if you require technical assistance to develop a more professional image, produce and maintain a website, online or CD based training material, acquire a legitimate email domain name etc custom programming, network engineering, phone systems, technical support, database management, hardware installation, etc… I can help with any and all of your business related technology requirements.

As I have indicated in my resume, I have developed and executed many training programs for professionals. So I know without a doubt that with a little ingenuity and a web cam anyone can make professional training videos for very little cost. I also know that there is virtually no cost to produce and maintain a secured website with downloadable training material.

Additionally; no adult American uses "Andy" while being professional. No creditable business uses Gmail to conduct its operations since it only costs 10 dollars a month to have your own email domain name like “andy@Employmentonline.com”. Something you should be aware of since you are an "email support company". Even more odd is the late hour and the fact that you have responded to me on the weekend.

There are also several other things in this email that cause alarm. The grammar is horrible. The caps for a name, address and email address suggests subconscious slip up. Especially, since you already that information from my resume.

A simple search reveals that your address is not a business. It is a residence. A careful search even reveals the owner of that property, and when it was last purchased. Have you ever googled your address to see what it brings up?

I’m surprised you even put it in your correspondences. There is no phone number to contact you by in this email or online, and nobody needs to copyright an email as you have done at the bottom of yours. Lastly I cannot find a public record of your business and there are no online reviews or any other information about your “organization”.

As I said before, where there is smoke there is usually fire… If you are legitimate, then you need a “No” man and a consultant to make serious money. You have my number.

Regards,

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:31 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

tpslcjatann

I love it!

In this message, you mention that you have done training programs . . . any chance you would like to partner with us on creating some training and educational information about these scams?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:29 pm 

Shawn,

(Again please ignore the poor grammar. Edit and revision take a while). :P

I sent a private message to "admin" with my email address so that you can contact me. Your website and others like it are a valuable resource to anyone willing to use it. Most of my training experience comes from outsourced call centers; where as a supervisor I was tasked to create and implement several operational training programs.

In my original post it also describes other experience that I gained while assisting a technology start up company supporting small business. I would be honored to speak with you about what you do and how I can be of assistance.

My apologies for the delay with this post. "I've been looking for legitimate work" :D

Feel free to contact me either by using the information in my registration, or by the private message I sent to "admin".

Kind Regards,

Jason

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:33 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I did get the message, and I sent you an email . . . are you on LinkedIn.com? If so, please look me up there also. http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch