ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bristol Telecom Limited / Mobyledoomz SCAM!!! (ps3, xbox360)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:06 pm 

EDIT: They have just switched to a new website and scam company name to try to scam as many people as possible for the holidays and so forth until they get caught!

They now call themselves, HERITAGE CHANNELS !!! The link to their scam site is: http://htbtelecoms.com/games.html

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! THEY WILL ONLY SCAM YOU OUT OF ALL YOUR HARD EARED MONEY!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a warning for people that run into scam companies advertising on the web. The fake company that I was scammed by was Mobyledoomz.com . But last week they changed the name to their scam company to Bristol Telecom Limited.

Here is the link to the scam site: http://www.mobyledoomz.com/

I saw an advertisement for a site over the web called Mobyledoomz.com that sold electronics (PS3's, Nintendo Wii's, cell phones, ipods, etc). Since on their website it said they were located really close to me (Arlington Texas) I decided to try them out. I also did an internet search for their company and found no scam claims.
So after going back and forth with some guy that claimed his name was Paul, I ordered $400 worth of merchandise from Mobyledoomz, and wired the money to a man named ALBERT REMMY at (Shop 56 Ayinde Street, Ibadan, Oyo. 23402) They even gave me this fake EMS shipping website to track my package: http://www.emslink-delivery.com/

So 5 days later I got an email from "ems shipping" they said I had to pay $100 in custom fees, so I paid it...but I never recieved my package. Then I told them I wanted a refund and they tried to give me a SCAM "online check" refund,and they said that Western Union would let them wire my money back. When I told them to wire me my refund back using Money Gram they stop contacting me and ingnoring all of my emails. I tried emailing them back and I never got a response from them. Then a week and a half later I go back to their website to see if I can find another way of contacting them and notice that they changed the name of their company to "BRISTOL TELECOM LIMITED" and they also changed their address from (Alington TX,4101 W. Green Oaks Blvd, Street 305, 76106) TO (55 Uznadze Street,Tbilisi Georgia, 0102) so they change their name and address to avoid being caught.

Here is some of the stuff that they say they have BUT DO NOT:
Playstation 3 ( PS3 ) - $200
Xbox 360 Premium bundle - $150
PSP - $60 - $110
Nintendo Wii - $120
Nintendo DS Lite - $100
Gameboy Advanced SP - $80
Apple 80GB iPod video - $130
Plasma TV 's
Computer 's
Apple iphone - $280
Apple iTouch - $400

THESE ARE ALL LIES! I WAS SCAMMED OUT OF $500! THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SALE! THEY ARE ONLY THEIR TO SCAM YOU!!!

Remember if you see ads form them or any other company advertising about selling products from overseas on the web and they ask you to wire them the money first...ITS A SCAM!!!(I should have known this) Again,here is the website of the scam company that scammed me, make sure you don't fall for scams like Bristol Telecom Unlimited / Mobyledoomz

THEY JUST CHANGED THE NAME OF THEIR SCAM COMPANY FROM "MOBYLEDOOMZ" TO "BRISTOL TELECOM LIMITED" SO DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE NAME CHANGE!

If you have already been scammed by Mobyledoomz , Bristol Telecoms Unlimited or any other similar scam company don't just sit there and take it. Report them to scam websites and scam prevention companies and hotlines.

Feel free to email me if you want to tell me about how you were scammed and what you did afterwards. Also if anyone knows of any legit companies that sell electronics at good prices in bulk, please email or PM me. Good luck to anyone that has been scammed like I have or worse and hopefully I have helped prevent atleast some people from falling for scams like these. I've learned a vaulable lesson but it cost me $500 to learn it, hopefully it will cost you nothing.

DO NOT BE SCAMMED BY FALSE COMPANIES LIKE THESE!!!

Last edited by Legion R on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: If they change their name again...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:32 pm 

Since this scam company changes the name of thier website, I'll be sure to report it if they do so people won't be fooled into thinking its a different scam then the one im trying to inform people about.

Post subject: I contacted them using a different email
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:57 pm 

I contacted them using a different email to see if they would finally reply to me, and of course they did!

When I told them it was me they went back into ignoring my replies.

Bristol Telecom Limited / Mobyledoomz are a SCAM! Stay way from them and companies like them!!!

Post subject: Site Under Construction.......
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:07 pm 

If you go to their website now it says "Site Under Construction Check Back Later". All this means is that they are getting ready to change the name of their site and try to make their site look alot different than before so they can fool more people, but whatever they change their site to I'll be sure to let people know so they won't be scammed.

It turns out that at least 25 people have told me that I have helped warn them about this scam company(I sure i've warned alot more than that), so im glad to say that these warnings are actually helping people. :)

Post subject: Re: Site Under Construction.......
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:00 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Legion R wrote:
It turns out that at least 25 people have told me that I have helped warn them about this scam company(I sure i've warned alot more than that), so im glad to say that these warnings are actually helping people. :)

Way to go! I know it feels good to know that you have helped to save someone else from becoming victim to a scam! :D

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Re: Site Under Construction.......
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:09 pm 

admin wrote:
Legion R wrote:

Way to go! I know it feels good to know that you have helped to save someone else from becoming victim to a scam! :D

Thanks admin. And even though I have been scammed it does feel good to know that I have helped people from being scammed by them. The more I hurt their scam business the happier i'll be. :D

Im also here to say this; It turns out their scam site: http://mobyledoomz.com/ isn't really under construction like they claim. They have actually changed their url and name to try to scam more people.

They have just switched to a new website and scam company name to try to scam as many people as possible for the holidays and so forth until they get caught!

They now call themselves, HERITAGE CHANNELS !!! The link to their scam site is: http://htbtelecoms.com/games.html

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! THEY WILL ONLY SCAM YOU OUT OF ALL YOUR HARD EARED MONEY!

Post subject: Their next move
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:46 pm 

Since most of their scam sites a down right now I sure its because they are changing the names to their sites and hoping I won't find it (at least in time for the holiday buying season) but I will. And when I do i'll warn as many people as I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:24 pm 

Even though some of there scam sites are down they are still promoting them threw different forums and company advertising sites so these warnings are still necessary.

Over the last few months they have changed their names to: Mobyledoomz , Bristol Telecom Limited , htbtelecoms.com , arabambi.ebored.com , xlapdist.com , xamxamltd.com , xetcommunications Limited .

So be careful when doing holiday shopping because they will say anything to scam you out of your money!

Post subject: Christmas shoppers warning!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:03 pm 

Im bumping this so Christmas shoppers that are thinking of purchasing from any of their scams will see this.

Post subject: I received a DEATH THREAT from the scammer(s)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:06 pm 

URGENT UPDATE

I've been trying to get into contact with the people/person that scammed me and I finally was able to get a response from them.

He told me that "there was no way he was going to get caught and that I should stop the warnings I put up and just join him". I laughed at him and told him I wasn't going to join him or stop putting up warnings everytime he created a new scam.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS WAS HIS REPLY:

(from: "Xetcomm Distributors" <xetcomm_distributores@hotmail.com>)

""Never mind joining me, and please don't stop posting about me ok, the price is very simple you will pay with your life, i still have your address and all i need to confirm is if u still there, i sent someone to call if that was ur real phone number and am happy its is.
So have u watched a movie titled 44 minutes, if yes then waits and see the end of your life in a short time to come...

Please don't email me again you just continue your job by posting the company name on forum, am on my way to the bank and Italian woman paid $3,600 for me this morning g i need to pick up the money at wu and prepare on how to ship the package to her..
as for you, the battle line is drawn and try to let your families knows that you have some weeks more to live....
F**k you!!!!"""

Of course I laughed at him again and told him once more that I wasn't going to stop. Him making these empty death threats towards me lets me know that these warnings are seriously hurting his scam. Because even though he places alot of scam ads in random forums around the net, not alot of people fall for them unless there is a website for people to go to before they buy. But every site he puts up i'll be there to warn everyone everytime of his new scam. :evil:

PLEASE DO NOT LET SOMEONE LIKE THIS STEAL AND SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY!!!