ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: craigslist motorcycle scam dont be the next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:40 pm 

it`s Silver City on the listing, this is the bike we`re talking about, I attached some pics so you can refresh your memory. I didn`t say in my listing that I`m still riding it, I said I bought it new and simply used it for pleasure rides around town...
The bike is being stored in Lubbock, TX at MoneyBookers storage facility, the title and all paperwork are along with the bike in their possession.
They usually deliver the products with a 14-day return policy right after the payment is confirmed, for inspection and to pick it up instead of have it delivered you have to schedule an appointment, and it could take up to 25 days until you have it set which is a timeframe that I`m not comfortable with.
I`m paying some fees each passing day and I would rather take advantage of their sale policy, so if you want to purchase it let me explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can proceed:
In order to start the official transaction I need your full name and delivery address, I forward it to MoneyBookers and they will notify you with all the instructions (payment, shipping, my account status etc.). One of their agents will be assigned to receive and handle the payment. You have to transfer the funds to their agent as per their email directions and when the payment is complete, you have to send them the transfers information, they verify it, deposit the purchase amount in their trust account and start the shipping process. You will have a 14-day return policy, so you will have the chance to test and inspect the bike before funds are released. If you decide to keep it, they have the Power of Attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days.
Anyway, they will explain you detailed the entire process.
I will be waiting your email.
Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:49:48 -0800
Subject: Re: bike on criagslist
To: womackscott@hotmail.com

well i would be interested but want the bike and title in my hand at the time of the money transfer or there is no deal.and would also like to see the bike before buuying it.in your listing it said you are still riding the bike.and i was looking at stillwater listings not silver city.and thats why these request have been made.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: aaaron180@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 10:56:31 AM
Subject: RE: bike on criagslist

Hi,
There are 11370 miles on it, the bike is still available, it's in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been laid down or abused in any way. It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $3100, which is including all charges.
I used to live in Silver City but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be moving here permanently within the next few months and I can`t afford the luxury of taking the bike with me so I decided to let it go.
I`m using a third party company called MoneyBookers LTD. to sell this bike, I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire sale process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period, returns (if needed) and refunding.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I will be waiting your email.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: craigslist motorcycle scam dont be the next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:38 pm 

I am sure this is the same guy whom is doing the rentals scam on craigslist. Sounds like John Kendrich, this is his living.