There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Craig's list - houserenting in Sao Paulo - BRAZIL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:43 pm 

Hello there!

I am looking for an apartment for rent over here (Sao Paulo), and this are the replies I got from two ADs I responded to, please take a look:

FIRST ONE
-----
Its nice hearing from you,

Presently I am still at work with about 2 construction sites to visit today before I close. I am a very busy man and since I am working on contract I no longer own my time so I must meet my daily duties as the chief supervisor. I presently work with the Old British Camel Company here in Victoria Garden City, in Lagos as a Risk Engineer and my contract will last for 2 years and 7 months. I will take all my time now to send you my reply before I go back to work.

Apartment location: R. Vergueiro - Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo - SP, 04102-001, BRA

I was afraid giving the place out to destructive tenants. I spent money to make the apartment meet my abstract desire for beautiful interiors so don’t blame me if I repeat my self that I am afraid of lousy tenants who neglect serious issues. This day’s agents collect big money as rent but they don’t care to know how responsible the tenants are. I decided to look for a tenant on my own because I love my apartment and I know you understand.

I have a set of black steel/leather and glass chairs and table that can easily get broken. They need cleaning and with care. The entire floor is polished with different textiles and design. Cleaning the floor at list every 2-3 weeks will keep the apartment bright and shiny. The picture painting over my bed cost me $2000 in Beaumont, TX 2 years ago. The glass windows and doors need constant cleaning.

The walls are painted with different matching colors selected by my interior designer and some textiles are shaped and used as design for some parts of the wall and pillars. The light in the bedroom gives it a flashy night when you put them on at night. I like the way every thing is arranged and I hope you will be ok with that. If changes will be made to the way the inside is arranged it will not be a major one.

If you love to cook then you will love my kitchen since every thing is set for the arrival of the cook. But if you will not use them then forget it I just need my kitchen to remain neat that all. I have a car park also and the keys and the keys of the apartment are right here with me. I already said as much as I can right now and would need answers to all questions I asked. If you need to contact me I have my cell phone number bellow.

All the utilities are included in the monthly rent of 700 which must be paid in advance and they include the Electricity, Water, Internet, Satellite TV, Air conditioning, Clothes Dryer, Telephone, Washer, Security and heating. No advance security charges will apply since I am not an estate agent.

If you are going to stay for up to 1 year I will require a 3 months rent deposit before I post my keys to you via registered DHL. We will go into an agreement as well to secure the rental before I will accept the advance payment and post the keys to you.

Thanks,
Eng. Tim Venguson
Phone: +234 806-297-6750
Fax: 206-337-0519

AD:
Reply to: venguson@yahoo.com
Date: 2008-02-11, 6:24PM BRST

Completely furnished Studio Apartment, Only available to neat and careful business men and women, students and tourists, singles and couples.
Car park.
------

NOW THE SECOND REPLY AND AD BELOW:

----- Original Message -----
To: ---
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 5:55 AM
Subject: R$1100 / 2br - Sao Paulo, Brazil Apartment for rent

Hello Dear ,

It is a great pleasure that to you are interested in my flat.Thanks for your email and it is my gladness to hearing from you.I am Pastor standy,the owner of the house you are making enquiry of.Actually I resided in the house with my family,such as my wife and my only daugther before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in the (West Africa Nigeria) and presently my house is still available for rent for R$1100 including the utilities like hydro,washerand security,it is furnised.Moreso Now, i went for a Crusade in the West Africa Nigeria .Pls i want you to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also i spent alot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute mentenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken,it is not the money the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.i do that once in a while.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.

SO IF YOU ARE REALY INTRESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENTAPPLICATIONS FORMS BELOW
RENT APPLICATION FORM
Also,Pls let me get this answer.
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
5)How many people will be living in the house?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8)Occupation?
9)What is your religion?
10)Are you born again?
11)country?

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can
have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting
you.
Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the
document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this...

Regards.
Pastor standy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: hous-561605644@craigslist.org
Subject: R$1100 / 2br - Sao Paulo, Brazil Apartment for rent
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:19:45 -0300

---

THIS IS THE AD:

R$1100 / 2br - Sao Paulo, Brazil Apartment for rent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: hous-561605644@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-03, 4:36PM BRST

squash court, private park, 1 tennis court, 1 basketball court,pet care, child care, 2 lakes, privite park for cooper, restaurant, bar by the pool, indoor swim pool, sauna, SPA, gym center. Total area of the condominium is 233 thousand square meter. The apartment is in 16th floor with a private elevator. It has a living with 7 m long x 4,5 m width x 5,5 m hight and mezanine, master bedroom with jacuzzi,2 bedrooms with 1 bathrooms, family room, maide room, 1 private parking lot.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 561605644

Post subject: Re: Craig's list - houserenting in Sao Paulo - BRAZIL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:52 am 

I also received this answer for a craigslist ad but for an appartment in Montréal, QC

Hello Dear ,
It is a great pleasure that to you are interested in my flat.Thanks for your email and it is my gladness to hearing from you.I am Pastor standy,the owner of the house you are making enquiry of.Actually I resided in the house with my family,such as my wife and my only daugther before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in the (West Africa Nigeria) and presently my house is still available for rent for $1000 per months including the utilities like hydro,washerand security,it is furnised.Moreso Now, i went for a Crusade in the West Africa Nigeria .Pls i want you to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also i spent alot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute mentenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken,it is not the money the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to s ee it neat when i come for a check up.i do that once in a while.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.
SO IF YOU ARE REALY INTRESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENTAPPLICATIONS FORMS BELOW RENT APPLICATION FORM Also,Pls let me get this answer.
1)Your Full Name
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8)Occupation?
9)What is your religion?
10)Are you born again?
11)country?
Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this...
Regards.
Pastor standy

And the AD was

1000 / 3br - Le 1200 West "The Golden Square Mile" Brand New Luxury Condo

Le 1200 Ouest, Montréal’s Newest, most prestigious address. This beautiful SE corner unit on the 10th floor offers an unobstructed panoramic view of downtown Montréal with ideal sunlight exposure throughout the day. Enjoy 24/hr security, High speed elevators, Concierge service, including an outdoor sun pool, a fully equipped gym with sauna plus steam room and multimedia rooms for entertaining. High end Stainless steel kitchen appliances with washer and dryer are included. One underground space is available as well.

Le 1200 Ouest is a true luxury lifestyle that is Urban living at its finest without compromise. This is an extremely rare corner unit offered, call and reserve immediately. I listed this unit 2 years ago when I had just purchased it and was leased out within 2 weeks! It is newly on the market right now!
ANNUAL LEASE ONLY

Reply to: hous-601515348@craigslist.org

Post subject: Re: Craig's list - houserenting in Sao Paulo - BRAZIL
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:53 am 

While searching for an apt. we also received this exact email:

http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/apa/612468715.html

chris brown <bull613@yahoo.com> Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:41 PM
To:
Hello Dear ,

It is a great pleasure that to you are interested in my flat.Thanks for your email and it is my gladness to hearing from you.I am Pastor Chris,the owner of the house you are making enquiry of.,Actually I resided in the house with my family,such as my wife and my only daugther before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in the (West Africa Nigeria) and presently my house is still available for rent for $1000 including the utilities like hydro,washerand security,it is furnised.Moreso Now, i went for a Crusade in the West Africa Nigeria .Pls i want you to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also i spent alot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute mentenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken,it is not the money the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.i do that once in a while.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.

SO IF YOU ARE REALY INTRESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENTAPPLICATIONS FORMS BELOW
RENT APPLICATION FORM
Also,Pls let me get this answer.
1)Your Full Name
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8)Occupation?
9)What is your religion?
10)Are you born again?
11)country?

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this...
giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand.
Regards.
Pastor Chris