ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What a Christmas!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:43 pm 

Hi everyone, my name is Vianna and I'm from New York and I have been a victim of a scam. It's ashame to say this but I was not scammed once but twice in a week back to back. I ran an auction on eBay for t-mobile sidekick 3and 1 GPS navigation system. I was contacted by an Amir Buba from Amir Stores Place, he came from Alibaba.com and he gave me a good deal. On December 12, 2006 I wired him his payment for the orders which where over 3000usd via Western Union. When I came home he called me and stated that I needed 1160usd more for customs. I went and wired it WU. When I came back home he contacted me again and stated that he was going to send me an additional 20+ sidekicks to replace the money for the customs fee and that he made a mistake on the customs price. He stated that it was not 1160usd but 2760usd. By then, all I had left was 500usd in the bank and I wired it to him again. I stood up all night waiting for him to contact me with the tracking numbers and when he did the next morning, they were fake. He asked for an additional 980usd because Fed Ex had a yellow tag on them. By then I had already known that I was a victim of a scam. I had contacted everyone from the FBI, Internet Crime Complaints Unit, Western Union, Better Business Bureou, eCommerce and so on. That same day, I contacted all of my customers explaining the situation...did they believe it??? out of 40+, 3 did. The rest think that I am a fraud.
The next day, I contacted a company who came recommended by a friend of mine who used them once. So I contacted them, their name is Merit Electronic Plaza supposedly located in the UK. I made another order for the sidekicks 3 which came out to 1160usd. This time I made a wire transfer from bank to bank. Explain to me why after I sent them that money, they wanted me to send 970usd to a Nigerian Priest called Tracy Bach or else I will not get the order that I have placed. Can you believe this??? My customers think that I'm a fraud, my kids get no Christmas presents because I have no money and I get scammed 2x's in a week. How pathetic is this? If I can catch every person that scamms....so help me God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:29 am 
Gold Member

I'm not quite clear on this - you state you were selling phones on EBAY, but sent money to the buyer???

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:27 pm 

To clarify, I did an auction on eBay and I western union the money to the "distributor/wholesaler." That is how I got scammed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:46 am 
Gold Member

" I did an auction on eBay " - ok, what was the item number?

Post subject: Your reply
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:04 pm 

Hello,
The E-Bay Transaction # 260062704488.

Thanks.