There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ebay scam
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:27 pm 

Ebay scam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I paid over 300.00 for a voyager cell phone advertised as new-never opened. 6 days after getting it the keyboard stops working. I decided to call Verizon after the ebay company said I'd have to ship it back and go without a pone in the mean time when I paid extra for faster shipping to begin with. Verizon has since replaced it for a 50.00 fee but they sent me the phone with a return label. In the process of explaining the situation to them they told me the EIN number in that phone had been previously active. Between then and shipping them the "scam" phone as the exchange for my working phone, I also discovered the inside keys were blue instead of red and the animated walpaper didnt work at all also. When I confronted the company they said return it for another or the cash. I explained that Verizon was getting that phone b/c I didnt want another nonworking phone from them since they were now untrustworthy to me and I still wanted the phone so I didnt want the cash back. I asked for a refund of the 50.00 fee I had to pay Verizon and the shipping cost I paid for fast shipping and they refused. I cant get anywhere with paypal b/c im stuck on the screen that says return item and dont see anywhere to explain rare instances like this. I did inform them that I would be posting about them to try to prevent this again and they replied "have fun!" It seems like I should have more options since it said New and I have proof it wasnt. Anyway just a warning to avoid ebay sales by
auctionsbycorrie

Post subject: ebay scam
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:58 pm 

whenever i buy an item off ebay, i get an email, from like a random person saying its the guy who is selling the thing that i just bidded on, he tells me to send him my best offer and hell see if its good enough

guys a scam, look out for fake emails, make sure its from ebay, not "ebay member" or whatever.

DONT DO DEALS THAT ARENT ON EBAY.

if someone really wanted to offer you a special deal, make sure they post it as a "buy it now" on ebay at an agreed time for you and him/her. thats what i did for a vx21

got it for 1200, works perfect.

this way, if the guy scams u, or the product isnt right, you can file a dispute on paypal/ebay and get ur money back