ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FIND WHO THE SCAMERS NETWORK IS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:40 am 

Recently, I listed "Looking For Work" on Craig's List http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/.

I received an email from a Linwood Leroy, he claimed he was in Human Resources (HR) with a company called EC Plaza Global. I replied to Mr. Leroy, and sent me an Employment Application. Before I filled out all my personal information, I decided to Google (search for) EC Plaza Global. The company is real, but Linwood Leroy is not who he claims to be:

Subj: APPLICATION FORM FOR JOB OFFER (CRAIGSLIST)
Date: 10/6/08 7:22:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From: lilbliss1@ymail.com "this is Linwood Leroy" (Ecplaza Global)
Reply-to: lilbliss@ymail.com

Dear Don Kaminska,

This is EC Plaza Help Team.
It is a scam. Please be careful.
Also, could you please send us the message you received from them?

Best regards,
EC Plaza Help Team

I'm trying to find a job to support my family, not get scamed by some stinking Parasite who want's my bank account information so he can steal what little money my wife and I have!

Because this made me so friggin angry, I decided to go after people who distribute Lottery, International Money Transfer, Help Me Please, and Employment Scams, etc. I downloaded a trial program called eMailTrackerPro, which I am going to purchase. It may not give you the precise location where these bastards are hiding, but it gives you the network these people use to send their scams. So far, it has found people in Italy, Israel, Jordan, Africa, and the US.

Here is one such example:

Computer 65.55.116.74 has been found. It is probably located in or around Redmond, WA, USA as this is where the organization or individual who manages the system is located.

1. This email is sent from the computer identified on the Internet by 65.55.116.74. At the time of sending this computer claimed to be known as 65.55.116.74, but it does not currently have that name. Its name could have changed, but this is a common method used by hackers and spammers to misdirect users to their true location.

2. The sender claims to be Mr. Harry Johnson at address harryj15@msn.com, but this is very easily forged and as such not necessarily reliable.

3. There have been no apparent attempts to misdirect you as to the true sender of this email.

4. This email originates from a computer with name BLU112-W48. This can be deduced from the fact that BLU112-W48 cannot be looked up on the Internet, so it is probably a private name, and therefore could provide you a clue as to the true identity of the sender of this email.

The network this Harry Johnson uses is MSN:
Microsoft Corp.
abuse@msn.com
425-882-8080
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052

I sent the report to MSN in hopes that they can find this creep, or at least cancel his email use. I'm sure these people will never get caught, but hey, it's worth a try!

If you would like an email located, please let me know.

Thank you,

Don Kaminska
cadguy2@hotmail.com

Post subject: Re: FIND WHO THE SCAMERS NETWORK IS
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:12 am 

Hello,

I received an email from the same IP address, but the person wanted to help me get $1,500,000.00 They claim to be in Paraguay, but the IP address is from CA.

The IP address is 65.55.116.74. The name of the person sending it is Mr Mark Malliba. He wants me to contact a person named James Cook who is supposed to be a lawyer. His email address is b.jamescook@hotmail.com

If people from other countries would check out things here in the states they would find out that any money would be tied up in probate for years and that most of us know this.

I have been checking out these people and they are ruthless. All they want is our money and nothing else. Thank you for this forum where we can ban together and try to stop as many of these people as we can.

Good luck to all of us
Missd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:53 am 

>>Authentication-Results: mta121.mail.re4.yahoo.com from=hotmail.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)

>>Received:from 65.55.116.109 (EHLO blu0-omc3-s34.blu0.hotmail.com) (65.55.116.109) by mta121.mail.re4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:40:35 -0800

>>Received: from BLU147-W21 ([65.55.116.73]) by blu0-omc3-s34.blu0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Mon, 5 Jan 2009 22:40:30 -0800

>>Message-ID: <BLU147-W216CC9740A0C489E048116E2DE0@phx.gbl>

I've been getting e-mails from this creep and I'm wondering if you guys can tell if he is from the states or not. The IP address in the headers is usually 65.55.116.73. Sometimes it ends with 72, 74, 76, 78, or even 107. I've googled these addresses and I get search results for scams. Is this the same person or are these guys able to switch IP's that easily? The IP lookups say these are coming from kansas, virginia, or washington. Which one is it? I'm not sure how this whole routing thing works. Any info would help. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:51 pm 
Gold Member

The IP 65.55.116.109 is part of an IP range belonging to Microsoft for it's Hotmail Division. Microsoft is located in Redmond, WA.

The specific coordinates for that particular server are lat: 38N long: 97W, i.e. Wichita, KS. It could mean the author of the email is located in Kansas somewhere in the neighborhood of Wichita, or he could be halfway around the world.

Since this IP is being used by scammers, you are probably looking at a loose back door, what is called a Proxy Blind. Universities and colleges are famous for having poor intranet security, allowing scammers, phishers, and spammers to enter the university's email system and appear to be sending email from the the school's location.

Any company that has an intranet system is vulnerable to email (and other) invasion simply because there's a fine line between keeping doors open enough for inter-office communication yet secure enough to disallow access by outsiders.

VisualWare is a very fine product, no doubt about it, and saves a lot of the time required to apply Internet forensics to email tracking information.

I used it for years, cutting as much as 10 minutes or more off my research time; however, there are other considerations and fine points to tracking emails including time stamps, probabilities learned from experience, interpretation of content, contained domans and more, all of which can be learned with time and patience. The Internet contains everything you need to learn to uncover the intricacies of email tracking.

Annie McGuire
Fraud Aid, Inc.
http://fraudaid.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:39 am 

Thanks for sharing infor here

calcul pret assurance simulation taux emprunt immobilier - Taux emprunt immobilier. Comparez les offres d’emprunt immobilier, simulation emprunt immobilier, taux emprunt immobiliercalcul pret assurance simulation taux emprunt immobilier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:26 pm 

Hi,

I received this email today and before I submitted my name, address and phone number I researched whether or not it was a scam and everything that came up on google seemed legitimate. So I sent in my information. Not too long after I received another email with these instructions:

(Following the successful assessment of your application, you've been selected as a Secret Shopper for your region. We strongly believe you've got what it takes to carry out the various surveys in your regions and hope we'll not be disappointed.

YOUR IMMEDIATE RESPONSIBILITY:

To conduct a hidden survey on the nearest MONEY GRAM outlet in your location by forwarding a fixed amount ($800.00) to a mystery consumer in another region who's conducting the same survey at the "RECIPIENT" end.

A check for $995.00 has been issued and should get delivered to you via regular mail within the next 3-5 days.
Your income is $150.00 on the check.
You're to deduct another $45.00 to cover the Money Transfer Charges at the MONEY GRAM location to the Mystery Xo

RATINGS OF THE MONEY GRAM OUTLETS SERVICE:

You're to simply rate the MONEY GRAM outlet's service by simply observing and recording the parameters below:

Was it easy t o locate the Money Gram outlet?
Was it easy to use to use the service?
Did you receive prompt service?
Were the employees friendly and courteous?
Would you like to return to this outlet?

You're to simply send us an e-mail with your rating of the store /depot under the parameters above with the reference number of the funds sent.

NOTE: ITS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF THIS EMAIL IF YOU TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THIS PROCEDURE AND WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ACCEPT THIS PAYMENT.

©2006-2009 GUESTLINK® Limited.
1211 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, NY 10036.
Email: jobs.guestlink@gmail.com

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, o r any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer.)

I thought it was legitimate until I started researching again and it said anything that tells you to go to money gram and transfer money is scam...so i just wanted to make sure. I emailed Guestlink back saying this was a scam and then they emailed me back saying:

We find your remarks totally derogatory but as this position is primary yours, its your call to seize the opportunity or not.
Have a blessed day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:09 am 

Below is the mail I received from job.guestlink@live.com this evening
You can see it is almost identical to yours above.
I found the online building directory for 1211 Avenue of the Americas and there is no Guestlink nor anything similar.
I take that as a very bad sign.
Also, it says a check has already been issued for delivery to me by US Mail. Why would they do that if I have not yet responded to their request for confirmation?

I suspect the plan here is to send me a certified check or money order that is not covered by funds, but by the time the funds come up 404, they already have my moneygram.
I'll email them and ask why their name isn't on the building registry. Then I'll take the matter to the local fuzz and see what they think.
Should these scamsters actually mail me a bogus check, that puts them in violation of federal postal regulation to wit, attempted theft through the mails.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome Mystery Shopper

Dear Jim,

Following the successful assessment of your application, you have been allocated an assignment based on your location and personal profile.

DETAILS OF YOUR ASSIGNMENT:

1. Visit the nearest Money Gram {http://www.moneygram.com} outlet in your Region.

2. Conduct a hidden survey on the MONEY GRAM outlet by forwarding a fixed amount ($800.00) to a "Mystery Consumer" in another Region who's conducting the same survey at the "RECIPIENT" end.

3. A check for $995.00 has been issued and should get delivered to you via regular mail within the next 3-5 business days.

4. Your income is $150.00 on the check.

5. You're to deduct $45.00 to cover the Money Transfer charges at the MONEY GRAM location to the Mystery Consumer.

RATINGS OF THE MONEY GRAM OUTLETS SERVICE:

You're to simply rate the MONEY GRAM outlets service on a scale of POOR, FAIR, GOOD and EXCELLENT by simply observing and recording the parameters below:

Service:
Friendliness:
Efficiency:

You're to simply send us an e-mail with your rating of the store /depot. You will be provided with the Mystery Consumer information in subsequent communications.

ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF THIS EMAIL IF YOU TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOUR ASSIGNMENT AND IF YOU WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ACCEPT THIS PAYMENT.

We look forward to hearing from you!

GUESTLINK® Mystery Shoppers.
1211 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, NY 10036.

If you have any more questions about Mystery Shopping please feel free to email us at: job.guestlink@live.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:11 am 

Something my dad told me long ago - "if it seems too good to be true, it probably isn't."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:26 am 

Everything I need to know:

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/employment/shopper.asp