There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EFCC - Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:02 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

i heard about this agency in a recent new investigation on 419 and Black Money Scams. They are located in Nigeria and the are actually trying to do something about these scams.

Here is the website

http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php

I am going to try and contact them at some point and see if I can speak with a real person there.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Thx for bringing this organization in this post!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:45 pm 
Gold Member

I really hope you do speak to a real person as I have sent my story to them and havent heard anything back from them. Plz let me know what you come up with..I would love to speak to someone also and get this guy arrested. Take Care!! :D

Post subject: scam victim compensation letter recieved
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:13 am 

Hi, I recieved an e-mail that was forwarded by a friend in regards to scam victims compensation. Payments are said to be supervised by the united nations' officials and the Central Bank Nigeria as the corresponding paying bank is ECO Bank PLC. It says the EFCC has combined effort with the United Nations Anti-crime commission to alleviate and redeem the image and past wounds offoreigners and firms who were defrauded and scamed. This letter came from a Iyamah Sylvanius and the e-mail it originated from is info_scamvictimspay@ecobankplc.com. has any one else recieved an e-mail like this. And is there a way to find out if this is legit compensation that the EFCC is in on. I have made a copy of this letter for my files in waiting on what i should do about this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:53 am 

Jamie be very careful with such letters, many times the scammers will dupe addresses and prey on those they know have been duped and come across like a savior with offer for compensation. I have been fighting these crimes since 2003 and have to date NEVER heard of any compensation funds for victims of fraud and financial crimes.

Here is a clue: if they ask for money from you to cover fees it IS A SCAM!

Post subject: tahanks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:42 am 

this email was addressed correctly and thanks for confirming its correctness

Post subject: Re: scam victim compensation letter recieved
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:24 pm 
Gold Member

jimneycricket001@aol.com wrote:
Hi, I recieved an e-mail that was forwarded by a friend in regards to scam victims compensation. Payments are said to be supervised by the united nations' officials and the Central Bank Nigeria as the corresponding paying bank is ECO Bank PLC. It says the EFCC has combined effort with the United Nations Anti-crime commission to alleviate and redeem the image and past wounds offoreigners and firms who were defrauded and scamed. This letter came from a Iyamah Sylvanius and the e-mail it originated from is info_scamvictimspay@ecobankplc.com. has any one else recieved an e-mail like this. And is there a way to find out if this is legit compensation that the EFCC is in on. I have made a copy of this letter for my files in waiting on what i should do about this.

Wow! I have received a same type of letter a while ago. I checked it out and it is a scam. The EFCC would never have sent you a letter in the first place. They would have contacted you via telephone if your case is with them. And also the dead give away the domain name for the originating email address would have been @efcc.org or similar to that. Mine was a hotmail domain. Thanks for sharing this.

Post subject: Re: scam victim compensation letter recieved
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:57 am 

Dude,

It is a typical SCAM letter.

See the status and if it is a bank, it will not be hiding behind privacyprotect.

The name is now for sale.

Do a check and save yourself some heartache and Mula.

See : http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4 ... erid=17505

ecobankplc.com (ECOBANKPLC.COM) is for sale

Seller's Listing Price:
Make Offer
Currency conversion based on today's rate.
0 EUR / 0 GBP

See : Registration Service Provided By: ANSWERABLE.COM

Domain Name: ECOBANKPLC.COM

Registrant:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin ()
P.O. Box 97
Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676
Creation Date: 26-Nov-2007
Expiration Date: 26-Nov-2009

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.dsredirection.com
ns2.dsredirection.com
Administrative Contact:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin ()
P.O. Box 97
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676
Technical Contact:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin ()
P.O. Box 97
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676
Billing Contact:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin ()
P.O. Box 97
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676

jimneycricket001@aol.com wrote:

Post subject: Re: EFCC - Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:25 am 

I received a letter today that takes you to this website http://www.efccnigeria.org. It looks legit but, then I am asked to contact the wester union for some letter and my money and I also noticed that is a uk email address. I already know that is going to cost me. So yes this is another SCAM. The scam artist are using this official website to pull us in. I lost almost 900 dollars thinking that I had really won some prize and then when the man asked me to send him another $1500 for clearance or some letter I told him to kiss my year. Its a shame that we good citizen are being played by this scam artist from around the world and I wish that the USA government would look into it and see if they can find a wait for us to get our money back.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:02 am 
Gold Member

dalizabcc wrote:
I received a letter today that takes you to this website http://www.efccnigeria.org. It looks legit

That's because it is legit. The scammer is using the real EFCC as cover for the scam.

| CyberCrimeOps.COM (Connect via Facebook) | Internet-Love-Scams.ORG |

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:38 pm 

I eamiled my file to the EFCC, but no response. I called the phone number in EFCC website, but it could not go through. I went to internet tried to find a Nigeria govenment ANTI SCAM phone number, but the man called me back requested $500. I know it is another scammer try to scam me. It looka like when you call any phone in Nigeria, there may be a scammer call you back ask for money! A lot of scammer there!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:22 am 

Is anyone can tell me the EFCC correct phone numbers? I called the phone numbers found in the website www.efccnigeria.org, but all phone numbers are not correct, can not go through. Do not why.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:42 pm 

OMG!!! mine too...but i'm so stupid that i pay them USD50 thousand dollar....
it's from the bank of thailand, then they said pass my fund to London for clearance then pass it to the FBI in america, send me the letter that the British Financial Crime Commission (BFCC) in London want a certificat for the fund to go thru...

now i dun know what to do....can anyone tell me what to do?????

Last edited by Janez on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted email address.