ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beware: Rijnaard Peter Johan "renting a flat in Rotterdam"
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:42 pm 

I was looking for an appartment in the Region of Delft and responded to a normal advertisement. And I got answers. As I was googling TNT, I found that this must be a scam. I just post what he/she wrote, because I find it embarrassing I even answered :(

Emails from old to new:

Hello,

I am Rijnaard Peter Johan and I just received an email of interest in my apartment located in Uitweg, Rotterdam ,3051JP. I am an Netherland researcher working for a pharmaceutical company . I am the only owner of the apartment, it is paid in full and it has no legal problems . The apartment has not been inhabited since I am no longer living in Rotterdam .
I wish to rent my apartment to some nice and responsible people and in order to do that I have to know a some details about you, like how many persons are you planning to live in the apartment, for how long, if you have a steady income, etc. I must tell you from the beginning that I do not have a problem if you are a student and I am very fond of pets and willing to accept them in the apartment(I am the proud owner of an english bulldog). You should also know that I appreciate sincerity very much.
In addition to everything else here is a little something about the apartment and myself so we can get to know each other.
The apartment is the one in the pictures from the advertisment.I have the option of sending all my furniture into storage if you want to bring your own (no extra costs)
The rent for 1 month is 500 EURO (for the entire apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable). You can rent the flat for any period of time (open end contract) but not less than 3 months.
About myself, I am 55 years and as I told you I am a researcher in pharmaceutical products, currently living in London.
You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys. The only issue is that I am already in United Kingdom but I hope that together we are going to find a solution.
I appreciate your interest in my property and I am looking forward to a future collaboration and friendship.
I send you some pictures and all details with my apartment!

Best regards
Rijnaard Peter Johan

BEDROOMS :
2 Bedrooms, Queen-sized bed

BATHROOM :
1 Bathroom; stall shower

KITCHEN :
Fully equipped kitchen with four electric burners, a traditional electric oven, refrigerator/freezer, toaster and coffee maker, as well as a combination washer/dryer.

TEL/INTERNET/TV:
Private garden, Flat-panel television, DVD player, TV, WIFI, Internet Access, Stereo, Cable, TV, DVD
----------------------------
(lots of pictures attached, all too beautiful to be true for THIS price ;)
----------------------------
Hello ,

Thanks for your reply,
That sounds great !
You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems .Like I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for 1 month of rent will be 500 euro and i want aslo one month guarantee deposit 500 euro ( the guarantee deposit 500 euro you will receive back when you leave the apartment ), with no extra taxes to pay. The money, I want to revive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money .

Of course you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details . I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.The delivery for the keys and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made with TNT to make sure that we can trust each other.
I will explain the procedure if you are interested so please email me as soon as you read this message because I really need to take care of this matter.

Regards
Rijnaard Peter Johan

-------------------------------
Hello ,

First of all , I want to tell you that if you are ready to proceed with this transaction I will need to inform you the steps about how this service works
You will have 2 days to inspect the apartment before your final decision to rent . I will pay the shipping costs.

This is how they work :

1) I will make the delivery papers at TNT . After that I will send you a copy of my passport .

2) After I will make the papers for delivery they will require for your payment confirmation of the first month and the guarantee deposit(500 EUR + 500 EUR= 1000 EUR) to the company .TNT will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody .
Also TNT will give you further instructions about the money deposit .

3) After the payment is confirmed the delivery process will start and when you will receive the keys, you will have 2 days inspection period before your final decision to rent .

4) If all is in order, you will instruct TNT to give me the money. Further rents will be sent directly to my bank account.

5) If you refuse to rent the apt , TNT will give you a full refund (1000 EUR) and you will give them back the keys and the contract.

If you are interested to rent the apt please send me your information, so i can make the deal:

Name:..................
Address: ...............
City: .....................
Postal Code: ...............
Phone number:...............

So what do you think?

Post subject: Re: Beware: Rijnaard Peter Johan "renting a flat in Rotterda
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:18 am 

It's a scam.

From the way he writes I can tell you for 100% sure that he isn't Dutch, but African.
Also, you will never find a good appartment with everything included for just 500 euro. Not on that location.
TNT is a delivery service, not a mediator. They do not hold money to wait to see if you are satisfied.
Someone renting you an appartment will want to meet you to see who they will be renting it to.
If they can not do it in person, they will hire a realtor.

You will pay 1000 euro for a bunch of useless keys.

Post subject: Re: Beware: Rijnaard Peter Johan "renting a flat in Rotterda
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 pm 

They will send you a .PDF file with a "TENDER OFFER" (which is asking for a "De-restriction Fee", which must be prepaid). The email, including full header, that comes with it reads: