ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: roommate scam
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:30 pm 
I was recently scammed! I was onlne looking for a rommate. She wire transferred me the deposit and 1st month rent in addition to moving expenses her company was going to sen dme and she would get when she arrived. As the story goes, eventually, she asked for a wire transfer back to pay the movers. Needless to say I was a fool and fell for it. Now I owe the bank.

Bank ONe Chase Manhattan took all of my savings. I had to ask others for some help financially to cover the remainig balance owed to them, so BankOne doesn't send collectors after me. Further, Bank One Chase Manhattan is not willing to help in any way and has even stated that I am still considered a suspect. Where do I go from here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:04 pm 

Unfortunately banks are uncaring heartless people, given recent MSNBC news coverage concerning BOA and Wachovia it furthers my opinions of this.

Arguing with the bank will get you nowhere I have a feeling, you may need to get an attorney to look at this if they are threatening prosecution.

Post subject: Is this a roommates.com scam
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:58 am 
:?:
Thanks for getting back to me,I am interested in the two room since it like $575, i will like to live a alone die to my job, i am not really keen about the internet cable or facilities
room.It all depends on you,if you are willing to lease
out to me.Is there a parking spot?
As regards payment,this is what i am going to do;I
have a client in the US who is owing me $4000 i would
instruct him to makeout a certified money order to you
in that amount and as soon as you get the money. you
can now deduct the money for the first two months
from it and hold on to the balance till i come over.
So if my terms are acceptable
to you,i would like you to give me your full
name,address and so that i can instruct my client to
make out the check to you.
Pls get back to me as soon as you get this mail so
that we can round things up in a timely fashion.I
will call you before i board my flight to the
state..get back to me.Attached is a copy of my pics..
Thanks in this regard
CECILIA XIU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:40 am 
"SCAM SCAM SCAM " Tell that guy to bug off . What a con

Post subject: Hi there!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:26 am 

I'm newbie here and have to introduce myself. My name is Alex, 28 y.o. from Hungary. I have been looking for such kind of forum for a long time and at least I'm here. Hope that I'll become a member of this community and finally get the answers on all my questions, and may be my experience will be useful for all the ppl around. My Geek code GKDGRGBJ68QN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:20 pm 

I recieved this email and one other just like it. Is this normal? Shoudl I do anything about it? She is still emailing me! Is there anyway to get them? Also how do you know if this is not real?

Kia

Hello,
I am really happy when I got your message.I will like you to do me a favour, since we will be living together soon i have decide to start runing things with you with trust , I will have inform my boss to send you all my payment including my traveling allowance .because he's ( boss ) complaining he can'nt double issued to 2 different people and it's not easy to cash a foreign check here expecially when you dont have an account , and company policy dont wired cash cos every salary or allowances paid is put into writting and have to be signed by management , so i need your help as soon as you recieve the payment kindly deduct the payment for the room and help me to send back the diferences funds to my traveling agent to take care of my traveling expenses and my return ticket back to the state.I will also like to know if you can be able to pick me up at the airport cos I will be coming down to the house from airport. I await your quick response it will be very nice to live with you .
Best Regards
Mary .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:28 pm 

Kia, this letter you received is definately from a scammer. Don't respond anymore to them. If they insist by contining to send you emails, just reply once thanking them for their interest and tell them that the room is no longer available that you have rented it to someone locally, that should send them away and don't respond to any more emails if you should received them just delete them. I've seen enough of these that it doesn't take much for me to recognized a scammer when I see one and this is definately a scammer.

Post subject: roommate scams
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:44 am 

Its really hard to trust anybody these days. I have just started to look for people to help me with the mortgage payments on my house. I should have been more clear that I did not want scammers! The crazy thing is that they might have gotten away with it, but I received almost identical e-mails from two different people. This made me question the legitamacy of these people. These scammers are either so successful or so confident knowing that they cant get caught that they dont even change the structure of the email. These aren't con-men or women, they are punks whose daddy didnt hold them enough as kids. Take a look at these e-mails and tell me what yous guys think. I think I should ask them if they know each other.

Number 1
Hello
I saw your advert on line and I am interested in your room apartment. My name is Jules and I am 26 years old from greater london in UK. I am a humanitarian officer involved in projects that includes orphans, orphanages, heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs. I will be be having a study leave coming up soon in the new jersey. Right now I am in new south wales Australia for a programme on children with heart related probs. I am having fun here in australia and I can't wait to arrive to the US. I don't drink nor smoke, I await your reply .
Pls do get back to me with the room description, move in rent fees for the first month and any deposit if included. Regards

Number 2
I saw your advert on craigslist and I am interested in
your room apartment. I was born in greater london in
united kingdom and I will be having some seminars
coming up soon in the USA.Right now I am in new south
wales Australia for a programme on children with heart
related probs.My next programme/seminars will be in
the USA and I will be needing a room to stay for this
seminars and I need to secure a room before my arrival
to the US.I am having fun here in australia and I
can't wait to arrive to the US.Pls do get back to me
with the room description,move in rent fees for the