ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Got scammed last month!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:29 pm 

Hi every1

Unfortunately i knew abt this site recently, and i had already lost money

$ 3000

Same story.. I was completey oblivious to it.. crap i cant believe i lost so much money

roomie from nigeria.. Sent in cashiers check for 3800 .. asking for 3000 through western union.. BOA approved it.. said funds r there in ur acc to take.. I sent it.. next day i realised it was a fraud..

No one takes the blame.. I ve to make up for the loss...

Have complained everywhere.. But nothings going to work out.. I ve to shell out $3000

Any1 here who has had experience like this and came out of it.. Bank of america are not budging and no 1 else is helping.. Lawyers r too expensive to hire..

Top of it all, I am an international student..

Any opinions are welcome

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:14 am 

wow, so glad I found this site, I have googled the details for hours but just now came across it.

The original e-mails are below and every step of the way it felt beyond fishy (same town of origination of the "financial advisor" and "shipper"). I called the shipping company, nobody at the company with that name. Why would I be sent funds when they could be sent across town.

I received the AmEx Int'l Money Order (and called the phony number on the back to "verify" it's authenticity) and deposited it. I'm calling my bank in the morning to let them know what is up.

yahoo email of offender is jmc4real02@yahoo.com
name given Jamie McKean

Series of original e-mails below

Thanks for the mail. I'm so glad to hear back from you. I'll be out to get a shipper who will be moving my properties (which includes my metalic green BMW 530i) in before my moving in date.

However, i'll be needing your full name, mailing address and your phone number so as to prepare the payment as my financial advisor will be sending money order/check of pay (about $3500) from which i'll like you to deduct the fee for my room and help me keep the balance with you as i'll be needing some money to pay the shipper that will move my things down. I will keep you posted of when you are likely to receive the payment.

The things i will be moving in are as follow;
my suite case containing my books
my SAMSUNG 26' TV and DVD Home theatre and
my clothes in three luggages.
Please let me know if the room is furnished or otherwise i'll have to make arrangement for that prior to or on my arrival.
Hope to hear from you soon. Have a good time.
Jamie
____

Hello roomie.....How are you doing? i hope you're having a wonderful time...I'm so glad to inform you that i got a shipper that will be moving my things down this today....Also, i'll like to inform you that you'll be receiving the payment from my financial advisor hopefully on or before monday ok.....And as soon as you received the package, kindly take it to your BANK to cash so that you can deduct the fee for my rent thereafter and kindly keep my balance with you till the shipper arrives ok.

Hope my room is in good shape and by the way, what color is it painted. Moreso, i'll be going for shopping and will love to buy somethings for you but unfortunately i dont know your sizes( that is; shoe, pants and shirts). Please feel free to send the sizes ASAP

However, i'll like to know the nearest airport to the house and if you will be available to come and pick me up at the airport or i should make alternative arrangement. Also, i'll be flying to London to see my friend before coming down to the United States.
Thanks a bunch and have a good time.
Respectfully,

_____

Whats up? Please be aware the will be delivered to you this morning and the amount sent to you is $4700. The tracking number is M0366921673 http://www.ups.com.
Please kindly try as much as you can to receive the package so that you can take it to your BANK to cash immediately. However, you'll deduct the fee for my rent ($325) and help me to send exact $3850(in cash) to my shipper's office (Admiral Marine Inc.) through WESTERN UNION office immediately so that he can proceed with the shipment of my belongings ASAP. These is the cheapest shipping company i found on the internet and they insisted on advance payment before the shipment. They will be moving my car, my bedroom furnitures and other items. Surely, you'll be needing about 6 percent to send the funds which i expect you to deduct from my balance with you ok. Here is the informations you'll use to send the money in the proportion given below:

Name...............John Kevin...................$2250
Address...........207-7035 Maxwell Road
Mississauga, ON L5S 1R5
Test Question....MONEY FOR WHAT
Answer..............MY CAR
------------------------------------------------------------
Name...............John Kevin.................$1600
Mississauga, ON L5S 1R5
Answer..............MY PROPERTIES

Kindly get back to me with the MTCNs that you'll be given at the WESTERNUNION office as soon as you get the fund sent.
However, i'll schedule my flight to London for thursday if and only if my shippers is able to receive the money before then and safely set my properties on deck otherwise i'll have to wait till he receives the funds ok. I'll let you know when i'll be living London for the States so that you can come to pick me up at the airport to show me around. I went for shopping yesterday and got some stuffs for you. I just hope you like them.
Thanks in all ways and surely cant wait much longer to come down. Hope to hear from you soon.
regards
Jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:34 pm 

First...Thank you for this site. I am currently being "scammed" by one Jenny Williams (jenny_will2005@yahoo.com), who is a "model" from London and working thru her manager who is state side...Here is the first email I received:

Hello,thanks for your quick response okay am very greatful...Am originally from uk i was born there an i lost my dad some yrs ago am 26yrs of age and i have only my mum with me presently okay...Am very much single and looking and a minded person with easy life,i love to go outdoors and also love to swim and play basketball,Am a professional in photography becos my cousine do that and i have a manager which i work for as a photograher,and i do sell cloths and food stuff and am planning to open a store there so that i can start my business over there,am try to change location from my place down here okay...Unfortunatelly i am not chanced.I will like to know if you can email me some pictures of the place....Am in london now with my mum she was involed in auto accident and that affected her brain and she needs to be operated fast and her condition is terrible now... i want to come there to stay and start up something,and like i said before am a photograher as a profession which my manager is involve in okay... and also i sell cloths and food stuffs also , open minded person, i love clean place, i will like toknow the moving in price and i will like to now the method of payment.
Best Regard.
Jenny

It is amazing how they play off the deaths of family members and other terrible things to tempt you into sending them money.

Thank you again...Now it is my time to have my fun with them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:52 pm 

I am in the middle of a roommate scam, hopefully the news and FBI will step up and try to put a stop to this. What kills me is roommates.com isn't doing anything about it. Thay said, "we are trying to get rid of the scammers!" They don't want their website affected. What about putting a stop to it.
Anyways, this is the latest scam. Bishopston Trading is the company the girl used to tell me she was coming to the states for. Her work wants her to find the company a location. The company Bishopston Trading has no idea they are being used as part of a scam. If you look them up on the internet you will find a legit company.
Now they are using the following scam; beware!!

Be careful everyone!

Dear Sir/Madam,
H&F Textiles Limited is a UK textile Company. We produce and distribute clothing
materials Such as batiks, assorted fabrics and traditional Costume worldwide. We
have reached big sales volume of Textile materials in the Europe and now are
trying to penetrate the US market. Quite soon we will open representative
offices or authorized sales centers in The US and therefore we are currently
looking for People who will assist us in establishing a new Distribution network
there. The fact is that despite The US market is new for us we already have
regular Clients also speaks for itself.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR US?
The international money transfer tax for legal Entities (companies) in UK is
25%, whereas for the Individual it is only 7%.There is no sense for us to work
this way, while tax for international money transfer made by a private
individual is 7% .That's why we need you! We need agents to receive payment for
our textiles (in money orders, check or bank wire Transfers) and to resend the
money to us via Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer. This way we will
save money because of tax decreasing.

JOB DESCRIPTION?
1. Receive payment from Clients

2. Cash Payments at your Bank

3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.

4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the Offices you
will be contacted to send payment to (Payment is to be forwarded either by Money
Gram or Western Union Money Transfer).

HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN?
10% from each operation! For instance: you receive 8500 USD via checks or money
orders on our behalf. You will cash the money and keep $850 (10% from $8500) for
yourself! At the beginning your commission will equal 10%, though later it will
increase up to 12%!

ADVANTAGES
You do not have to go out as you will work as an independent contractor right
from your home or office. Your job is absolutely legal. You can earn up to
$3000-4000 monthly depending on time you will spend for this job.
You do not need any capital to start. You can do the Work easily without leaving
or affecting your present Job. The employees who make efforts and work hard have
a strong possibility to become managers. Anyway our employees never leave us due
to our excellent work condition.

MAIN REQUIREMENTS
18 years or older legally capable
Responsible
Ready to work 3-4 hours per week.
With PC knowledge
E-mail and internet experience (minimal)
And please know that everything is absolutely legal, that's why you have to fill
a contract form!
If you are intrested kindly send your full name,home address and phone number
via this e-mail address smithsdave02@aim.com

We hope to hear back from you.
Very Respectfully,
David Smiths

H&F TEXTILES
Oxford Court, Oxford Street
Accrington,
Lancashire, BB5 1GR
TEL : +447023052012
+447031928031
United Kingdom.

All response should be sent to smithsdave02@aim.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:11 pm 

^^^
Alrighty, now this is odd. That email is a bog standard job scam/ cheque mule format. Are you saying that it is now being used in roommate scams??

Post subject: Same exact scam happening to me right now
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:28 pm 

soverygq wrote:
wow, so glad I found this site, I have googled the details for hours but just now came across it.

The original e-mails are below and every step of the way it felt beyond fishy (same town of origination of the "financial advisor" and "shipper"). I called the shipping company, nobody at the company with that name. Why would I be sent funds when they could be sent across town.

I received the AmEx Int'l Money Order (and called the phony number on the back to "verify" it's authenticity) and deposited it. I'm calling my bank in the morning to let them know what is up.

yahoo email of offender is jmc4real02@yahoo.com
name given Jamie McKean

Series of original e-mails below

Thanks for the mail. I'm so glad to hear back from you. I'll be out to get a shipper who will be moving my properties (which includes my metalic green BMW 530i) in before my moving in date.

However, i'll be needing your full name, mailing address and your phone number so as to prepare the payment as my financial advisor will be sending money order/check of pay (about $3500) from which i'll like you to deduct the fee for my room and help me keep the balance with you as i'll be needing some money to pay the shipper that will move my things down. I will keep you posted of when you are likely to receive the payment.

The things i will be moving in are as follow;
my suite case containing my books
my SAMSUNG 26' TV and DVD Home theatre and
my clothes in three luggages.
Please let me know if the room is furnished or otherwise i'll have to make arrangement for that prior to or on my arrival.
Hope to hear from you soon. Have a good time.
Jamie
____

Hello roomie.....How are you doing? i hope you're having a wonderful time...I'm so glad to inform you that i got a shipper that will be moving my things down this today....Also, i'll like to inform you that you'll be receiving the payment from my financial advisor hopefully on or before monday ok.....And as soon as you received the package, kindly take it to your BANK to cash so that you can deduct the fee for my rent thereafter and kindly keep my balance with you till the shipper arrives ok.

Hope my room is in good shape and by the way, what color is it painted. Moreso, i'll be going for shopping and will love to buy somethings for you but unfortunately i dont know your sizes( that is; shoe, pants and shirts). Please feel free to send the sizes ASAP

However, i'll like to know the nearest airport to the house and if you will be available to come and pick me up at the airport or i should make alternative arrangement. Also, i'll be flying to London to see my friend before coming down to the United States.
Thanks a bunch and have a good time.
Respectfully,

_____

Whats up? Please be aware the will be delivered to you this morning and the amount sent to you is $4700. The tracking number is M0366921673 http://www.ups.com.
Please kindly try as much as you can to receive the package so that you can take it to your BANK to cash immediately. However, you'll deduct the fee for my rent ($325) and help me to send exact $3850(in cash) to my shipper's office (Admiral Marine Inc.) through WESTERN UNION office immediately so that he can proceed with the shipment of my belongings ASAP. These is the cheapest shipping company i found on the internet and they insisted on advance payment before the shipment. They will be moving my car, my bedroom furnitures and other items. Surely, you'll be needing about 6 percent to send the funds which i expect you to deduct from my balance with you ok. Here is the informations you'll use to send the money in the proportion given below:

Name...............John Kevin...................$2250
Mississauga, ON L5S 1R5
Answer..............MY CAR
------------------------------------------------------------
Name...............John Kevin.................$1600
Mississauga, ON L5S 1R5
Answer..............MY PROPERTIES

Kindly get back to me with the MTCNs that you'll be given at the WESTERNUNION office as soon as you get the fund sent.
However, i'll schedule my flight to London for thursday if and only if my shippers is able to receive the money before then and safely set my properties on deck otherwise i'll have to wait till he receives the funds ok. I'll let you know when i'll be living London for the States so that you can come to pick me up at the airport to show me around. I went for shopping yesterday and got some stuffs for you. I just hope you like them.
Thanks in all ways and surely cant wait much longer to come down. Hope to hear from you soon.
regards
Jamie

Post subject: RE Ellenmac
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 am 

I received the same email Ellenmac. See below.

Dear Sir/Madam,
H&F Textiles Limited is a UK textile Company. We produce and distribute clothing materials Such as batiks, assorted fabrics and traditional Costume worldwide. We have reached big sales volume of Textile materials in the Europe and now are trying to penetrate the US market. Quite soon we will open representative offices or authorized sales centers in The US and therefore we are currently looking for People who will assist us in establishing a new Distribution network there. The fact is that despite The US market is new for us we already have regular Clients also speaks for itself.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR US?
The international money transfer tax for legal Entities (companies) in UK is 25%, whereas for the Individual it is only 7%.There is no sense for us to work this way, while tax for international money transfer made by a private individual is 7% .That's why we need you! We need agents to receive payment for our textiles (in money orders, check or bank wire Transfers) and to resend the money to us via Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer. This way we will save money because of tax decreasing.

JOB DESCRIPTION?
1. Receive payment from Clients

2. Cash Payments at your Bank

3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.

4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the Offices you will be contacted to send payment to (Payment is to be forwarded either by Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer).

HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN?
10% from each operation! For instance: you receive 8500 USD via checks or money orders on our behalf. You will cash the money and keep $850 (10% from $8500) for yourself! At the beginning your commission will equal 10%, though later it will increase up to 12%!

ADVANTAGES
You do not have to go out as you will work as an independent contractor right from your home or office. Your job is absolutely legal. You can earn up to $3000-4000 monthly depending on time you will spend for this job.
You do not need any capital to start. You can do the Work easily without leaving or affecting your present Job. The employees who make efforts and work hard have a strong possibility to become managers. Anyway our employees never leave us due to our excellent work condition.

MAIN REQUIREMENTS
18 years or older legally capable
Responsible
Ready to work 3-4 hours per week.
With PC knowledge
E-mail and internet experience (minimal)
And please know that everything is absolutely legal, that's why you have to fill a contract form!
If you are intrested kindly send your full name,home address and phone number via this e-mail address smithsdave02@aim.com

We hope to hear back from you.
Very Respectfully,
David Smiths

H&F TEXTILES
Oxford Court, Oxford Street
Accrington,
Lancashire, BB5 1GR
TEL : +447023052012
+447031928031
United Kingdom.

All response should be sent to smithsdave02@aim.co

Does anyone know if I can foward the email to someone who can do something about this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:22 am 
scam

Post subject: Car purchase scam from England
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:24 pm 

I've been jerking a purporter named Janet Doyle from England around for a couple of weeks. She sent me an email to indicate she wanted to buy a car I had advertised and wanted to ship it to England.
I've let her (him?) think I'm on the hook and keeping the paperwork moving. I don't know how to end this and if there's a way to trap the bitch (bastard?) but welcome any input.
Here's the latest:
How are you doing today?. really thank you for your concern...and effort towards my coming to Canada ...please be aware that it will be delivered to you today latest tomorrow morning and the amount sent to you is $5500. Please kindly try as much as you can to receive the package so that you can take it to your BANK to cash immediately. However, you'll deduct the fee for my goods like i have earlier said and help me to send the remainder to my shipper's regional agent through MoneyGram office immediately so that he can proceed with the shipment of my goods ASAP.This is the cheapest shipping company i found on the internet and they insisted on full payment before the shipment. They are Admiral Marine Inc and will be moving my car, and other belongings. Surely, you'll be needing about 4 percent to send the funds which i expect you to deduct from my balance with you ok.

Here is the informations you'll use to send the money to my mover:

NAME........................ Matt Mace
ADDRESS....................207-7035 Maxwell Road
Mississauga, ON L5S 1R5

send me an e-mail to be sure you've seen this e-mail and get back to me with the Exact Amount Sent and the REFERENCE # that you'll be given at the MONEYGRAM office as soon as you get the fund sent.
Have a wonderful Day
Regards
J

Post subject: Roommates.com
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:57 pm 

Received this from a lady named: JESSICA ADAMS, and here is what she sent me, and also my reply.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2 ... 63eec80ed4

JESSICA ADAMS <jessdadams98@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: Thanks so much for responding to my introductory mail. Please i'll like to know the total move in cost of the room as well as the
picture of the house as i'll not be able to check out the place until my arrival,Thanks so much for the mail.I like the place and I'll be
so glad if you can reserve the room for me and remove the advert as i'll love to rent the place. I'll be going to Phillipines with my Boss on tuesday for an urgent meeting though we have been going there in the past so i am quite farmiliar with the place.
Let me tell you more about me
ABOUT ME:
Name:Jessica Adams
Height: 5' 6" (167cm)
Weight: 122 pounds (55.0 kg)
Body Style: Athletic/Fit
Activity Level: Active of
Smoking: No
Drinking: Socially
Marital Status: Single
Children: I have no kids
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Languages I speak: English
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Religion: Not Religious
Grew up in: Haiti
Education: MCSA/MCSE
Annual Income: Over $42,000 USD
ALSO
I'm a quiet and easy going person to live with. My families lives here in Haiti and i have no friends in US except you lol. I am
currently working on contract for my company CleverLink Internet Technology Services here in Haiti and hope to end my current
assignment soon .and will love to come down as soon as possible to explore my talent and hope to have a more profitable job. I do
not have a pic presently on my system but will try to attach one to my next mail.
My favorites are;
My favorite cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese/Dim Sum, Deli, Eastern-European, Fast Food/Pizza, French, Greek, Indian, Italian,
Japanese/Sushi, Mexican, Seafood, Soul Food, Thai, Vietnamese
My favorite music: Dance/Electronica, Disco, Easy Listening, Pop/Top 40, Rap/Hip Hop, Soul/R&B and Soundtracks.
My favorite physical activities: Basketball, Working Out, Dancing, Swiming and Hiking/Walking
However, based on your mail i will be making a payment to move in. I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost and its quite
reasonable and affordable. I had like to make the payment for the first month ahead of my arrival, and then i will make subsequent
payment thereafter as i plan to stay for more than 12months.The things i will be moving in are as follow;
my Mercedes (C-class 2004 model) metalic green.
suite case containing my books
my 26' DELL PLASMA TV and DVD Home theatre
my clothes in three luggages
my desk top computer (COMPAQ) and pieces of furnitures.
Hope to hear from you soon
Regards
Jess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:53 pm 

I placed an ad on roommates dot com about three hours ago, New Years Eve (cheers, by the way!!!). I contacted several potential roommates. About one hour later I received a reply from IgorP. I sent this message to the admins of roommates:

"I received a reply from IgorP on New Years Eve, which might not be all to strange, but it was about an hour after I had submitted my ad and posted a message to a potential roommate (IgorP among others). I'm not oblivious to the number of scams going on on this site, so I would please ask you to review the message sent to me. I am not going to pay you any money until I know I have received a message worthy of my money and my time. We all want to make money here in this world, but don't make too many enemies."

Funny that I have to pay money to read messages but not to send them. The way the Internet works it's usually the other way around. And I'd know that, since I've been in the industry for over 10 years.

If IgorP is a-OK and not a scam, I must give him my sincere apologies in advance. I don't know what I am doing posting an ad on the Internet anyway, I am way too paranoid for the Internet.

Here's all I have to say about these scams: If they want to send you a money order, tell them you're just fine with them handing their first payment over in cash when they move in. :) Eat that, Nigerian/Canadian/London scammers.

Post subject: Roomates scam
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:40 pm 

I just recieved 2 e-mails from people in Africa looking for a roommate in the US. The names from the e-mail were susy henry <slbhenry123@yahoo.com> and stephanie chapman <schapman004@yahoo.com>. I hope someone can benefit from this information. I read the previous posts and will not be responding to either e-mail. Thanks everyone. I will also be notifying Roommates.com of thier screen names and hopefully they can remove them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:38 pm 

I put an ad on Roommates.com for a room that I'll have for rent as soon as I moved into my new house. The other day I got this email from a "Brenda Best":

Hello,
How is everything,? hope all is well over there, yes am a female, i should have love to come and see the place in person Unfortunatelly i am not chanced.I will like to know if you can email me some pictures of the place.Cuz am presently out of the country, am in Haiti .i came to see my mum she was involed in auto accident and that affected her brain. i want to come there to stay and start up something, am an international model, open minded person, i love clean place, i will like to know the moving in price and i will like to now the method of payment
Best Regard.
Brenda Best

Right away it's pretty obvious this is a scam just with the broken English, but I figured I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and sent this email:

Hi Brenda,
Everything is going fine here. Sorry to hear about your mom. I don't
have any pictures of the house yet, but should have some by next week.
The price is $300 a month with a $150 deposit, so a $450 up-front cost.
I'll take cash or check as a payment, but I will not take any payments
until you get to the states and see the house. It's easier and safer for
both of us if at least the initial payment is made in person. Like I
said before, it wont be available for move in until around the first
week of February.

She replied with:

Hello
Thanks very much for your quick reply.....i really appreciate it alot......

concerning the funds i will have to pay for the room, if i get you right all what i will need to get the room from you is$450? including the utilities charges and the deposit...pls let me know the amount i will pay for the room per month....

i will instruct my manager to forward you my last month salary so you will deduct the rent funds out of it...which is about $5000 cuz i will like u to help me send the rest of the money to my traveling agent for my ticket back to the state i will also infrom my mover to move all my goods to the place as soon as i get the money u will be sending to my traveling agent u will be sending the the rest of the money thru western union to my traving agent .

also i want you to give me your full name and your home address and ur phone num so that i can forward it to my manager to prepare the payment and send it to you in time.

also i want you to pls help me out with the nearest airport around you, both the name and the address...

Little about me, i am Brenda Best a 26 yrs old lady., am from maryland originally i went to The University of Dundee which i have a degree in art . i work for a my manger in the state as a model but right now i am planing to come and start a modeling school in the state

i will be looking forward to hear from you ASAP...

Best Regard

So even though I clearly said that the first payment would be made in person, she completely ignored it and says that her manager will send me her last paycheck of $5000. Who sends a stranger that much money when they only ask for less than 10% of that?

The email is Brendabest350@yahoo.com and the Roommates.com username no longer exists.

Post subject: avoiding scams
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:58 pm 

I put out a roomie search on Craig's list.

It became quite clear which replies were scams by the way they wrote, the super hot photos they sent, and the similarity in stories. Also, how fast they start talking about wanting to send me lots of cash. Their last paycheck?! Who would do that? It doesn't make any sense. Just the first months rent would be fine.

So, I asked them to send me professional weblinks to verify their identity and sent them some links that have my name associated with it. Also, encouraging them to google my name. It's unlikely if they are really professionals that they haven't got a single link to a real organization online.

Post subject: Just tattoo 'sucker' across my forehead....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:03 am 

Hi all,

I am a victim of this roommates.com scam and am out $900 of my own money and $4900 total. Mary Adams was the name and 'her' e-mail address is merria_adams@yahoo.com ....

Questions for other victims, I know the unfortunate truth is that I'm totally liable even though my bank TWICE told me (via messaging in on-line banking and via a phone call... I'm not so stupid that I didn't have reservations about all of this) that the funds were good/cleared/ok/etc. What have you done to resolve issues with the bank? I am a teacher/coach and really do not want to reach legal troubles/issues with this situation. I have contacted the different sites (BBB, IC3, etc) to file complaints, I filed a police report with my local police department, and am in touch with a person in Loss Prevention at my bank. I know I need to get legal advice from a lawyer and will get that asap, but what else did you do to resolve this? Answers here or via private message would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next