ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is this is a scam? please let me know.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:59 pm 

Hi all,
I gave an AD on roommates.com and one girl who had bikini pics on her profile gave her private e-mail kim2ledesma@rocketmail.com and contacted me through that. Her name Kimberly Ledesma. Her e-mail is as follows:

Hello Dave,

It's so nice to read from you again... Here is a short note about me, I am Kimberly Ledesma originally from Houston, Texas. I work as a fashion designer and event decorator. Am the only daughter of my parents and they are both passed away, I'm left alone with my grandma who reside in a French Speaking Country, Republic of Benin but it was really a pleasant time we had together as a family before their death which is about some years now. I used to live in Houston before relocating down here to Benin after the death of my parent since things are not going so good for me. My grandma also reside in Texas with us before she decided to moved down here with her man friend. I have been staying here for some while now and presently planning of making it back to the state soon probably around 15th of November to proceed with my fashion career. I love fashion so much, am a fashion icon,so am hoping on having my own fashion design empire in a short period of time but prior to that I would love to secure a room. I need a God fearing roommate, someone who is very responsible, honest, easy going and very clean. I am single lady, never married, very dedicated individual who is totally committed to human development, friendly, very trustworthy and value relationship above anything. I love traveling, sporting and enjoy meeting people. I don't smoke but do not mind people who do being around me. I am cool headed and easy going person with no criminal record and like to have a roommate who is very responsible and understanding, someone I can really get along with. I'm a quiet and easy going person to live with.

I understand that I need to make time for things that I enjoy. I love the beaches and all they have to offer, sunbathing, beach volleyball, going into the surf and swimming, body surfing, more sunbathing, lol, and just walking along the beach with someone or alone collecting shells. I also love going along the beach and just stopping at different tiki bars, watering holes, restaurants, and shops. Anything to do with the water really. I love the beach at night, walking along the water's edge and listening to the surf, looking at the stars, being with someone special and finding that secluded spot and having some fun ;-) I am just very drawn to the water.

In the privacy of home I enjoy surfing the web and reading and discovering new things. I love relaxing in the hot tub at night when it is cooler out and just looking up at the stars or watching something on the TV or a movie. I also enjoy working out at home at times or just relaxing doing pretty much nothing or taking in a movie. In going out, I do enjoy a social drink and that type of environment but also like entertaining at home. I love a variety of music and the only thing I really have not acquired a taste for is opera although I do like the show the Phantom of the Opera. My music is usually based on my mood but I would say my favorites are alternative rock, rock n roll, top 40 but include some techno and even hip-hop R&B at times and yes I like country too. At certain times you will find me listening to easy listening soft music and other times you will find me in the mood for jazz or blues. I am really open there. I do find I enjoy jazz, blues, or country music much more when it is live and in a club. Love going to the blues and jazz clubs. I guess you could say I am diverse in that you won't find me listening to a musical at home or in the car but i enjoyed going to a good show on Broadway and yes that includes musicals. Lol There I admitted it. LOL

I hope I'm not prying to you.. I am okay with the move in cost of $650.00
( hope am correct ? )

However, based on your mail and since I'll not be able to meet up until my arrival date.... i'll be making a payment of $650.00 totally as you mentioned. I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost and its quite reasonable and affordable. My grandma is also aware of my coming over to the state and she's willing to instruct her client over there in the state immediately to issue out a cert.cashier check/money orders for your payment from which I will like you to deduct the fee for my room and you will help me send down the balance to my travel agent over there for the booking of my flight ticket, okay.

Please i will need your full name, address and phone number so as to prepare the payment.
Also i would like to know the nearest airport to the house .

Here are the few things i will be moving in with; my designing machine, suite case containing my books, my 28' DELL PLASMA TV and DVD Home theatre, my clothes in three luggages, my Laptop (DELL) and some other necessary stuff.

I would be glad if you can paste OFF the advert at all advertised sites.... as i'm willing and ready to rent the room.... I'll also like to know a bit more about yourself.

Please try to reply this mail asap.

( You can IM me on "kim2ledesma@rocketmail.com if you prefer to chat online" I can also have the webcam plug in so that you can see me live )

PS: I attached a picture of me and my grandma... Let me know if you get it.!

Post subject: Re: Is this is a scam? please let me know.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:45 am 

I only had to read the first three lines of that email..... YES it's definately a scammer..... don't respond... delete the email and move on.