ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jessica Moran: axl430@googlemail.com
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:48 pm 

I got this email, very similar to the rest. I got the check, but unfortunately have deposited it before I realized this was a scam. I HAVE NOT, however, sent her money. I'm working on getting in touch with my bank about this, since they obviously haven't realized it as fraudulent yet. Has anyone else heard from "Jessica"?

Hello ,
Thanks for responding to my introductory mail. I would have love to come see the room myself but unfortunately I am not in USA now. I am very sure you will never regret having me as your roommate or to rent out the Apt to me.
I want to make sure that we go perfectly well as roommates. I will like to know the total move in cost and more about you. I have to tell you more about me. I am a very dedicated individual who is totally committed to Music, very trustworthy and value relationship with people above anything. I live by the principle of," do unto others what you want others to do to you". And because I love it when people are good to me, I always do all in my capacity to be good, just to get a reciprocate (smiles). I am quite a laid back person, I am the interesting type. I don't drink neither do I smoke and I love pets
but I don't have any. I am the neat type. I love visiting new places. I love to swim, read and listen to nice music, I love meeting people I occasionally attend parties,
I love community work, love to be around children too, I am the clean type and I am very friendly. I am 24 years old. My dad is from the USA while my mum is from England.
And I promise to pay my rent and any other bills on time. I am very neat and cleaning of the environment won't be a problem for me. I really want to have a comfortable place upon my arrival.
My favourites are:
My favourite cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese/Dim Sum, Deli, Eastern-European, Fast Food/Pizza, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese/Sushi, Mexican, Seafood, Soul Food, Thai, Vietnamese
My favourite music: Dance/Electronica, Disco, Easy Listening, Pop/Top 40, Rap/Hip Hop, Soul/R&B and Soundtracks.
My favourite physical activities: Basketball, Working Out, Dancing, Swimming and Hiking/Walking.Please see some of my pics below.I am in red and white.

My profile:
Name: Jessica R.Moran
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5' 6" (167cm)
Weight: 122 pounds (55.0 kg)
Body Style: Athletic/Fit
Activity Level: Active
Smoking: No
Drinking: Socially
Marital Status: Single
Children: I have no kids
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Languages I speak: English ,spanish and a bit of french
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Religion: Roman catholic
Grew up in:USA and England
Have a nice day and hope to read from you soon.
Jess

Today I got this one, I had been uneasy about it from the beginning and this cinched it....

Hello Laura
Thanks for the email again.Please deduct the deposit and febuary rents and keep the rest of the money for my expenses.I am expecting some of my money to come through to take care of my flight from here and other travel expenses.But in the unlikely event that this does not happen i might require you to pay for my air ticket using some of the remaining money.Am expecting the money next weekend but it seems flights are really cheap now from here which might not be worth waiting.Please let me know the nearest airport to you and if you will be able tp come and pick me up when i arrive.I see Grand forks and Minneapolis but i dont know which one is closer to you.Please let me also know if i need some additional stuff for the room.I will give you details to pay for my air ticket later.Please let me know when you are ready to do this for me.The earlier the better so that we take advantage of the cheap flights from London now.
Hugs
Jess

Post subject: Re: Jessica Moran: axl430@googlemail.com
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:29 am 

I have recieved the exact same e-mails word for word. "She" was using the e-mail address listed here and in the middle of our correspondence changed it to jmoran430@hotmail.com. "She" sent me a check with the name "Mr. E. Tabe Bawak" as the name on it. Thank God I didn't do anything with the check. I am just a college student who was looking for someone to lease my roommate's apartment for the summer. At least I learned a lesson without it costing me thousands. Be careful, she found my listing that was posted on my university's own "craigs list"-like site that you can only get to from the university's web page or if you know what it's called. Several of my friends who also posted rooms there received responses from her. Sickening...