ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Craigslist and Kijiji scammers seem to be working together..
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:05 pm 

I have been working on getting my home in British Columbia on Kijiji and Craigslist in hopes to rent it out..Not even a day that its been on, I have been contacted by two different people with similar tones. I know this is a scam! :evil: Here is the first email:

Hello how are you today and hope you kinda having a great day, I am Persis, but my chum calls me tulip, I am a 28 year old graduate of Computer Engineering and I will be moving to down soon to get a better offer. I am respectful, responsible, and sociable. I am respectful of other's personal lifestyles,belongings, as well as their privacy.All I ask in return is for my future friend to reciprocate the very same actions that I give to them. I have a very culturally diversed personality, therefore I have the ability to connect to individuals from different walks of life. I enjoy meeting interesting people and seeking new adventures. In my past times, I like to read, practice the Italian La nguage, watch some educational channels,such as Discovery, History, Travel, and Court TV etc.....

I enjoy playing the piano and practicing the violin, going to movies. I am open minded in nature and like to apprehend and appreci ate the cultural lifestyles of others. Ultimately, I am always honest and will keep it real with you, but in doing so, I will be respectful and courteous of the other's feelings. I believe that I will make a great person as well as a good friend or loyal confidant. a very reasonable and quiet person to live with or rent to, i'm friendly, very trustworthy and value relationship above anything.Again I love travelling, sporting and enjoy meeting people and seldomly party.

However, I saw your advert and i am sincerely interested in the place advertised as i will like to move in as soon as we're able to reach an accord. Please i'll like to know the exact total move in cost as well as all utilities present as i'll not be able to check out the place until my arrival, so that i can make arrangement for payment prior to my arrival since i'll be moving down from Malaysia as soon as i'm able to secure a comfortable place. Thanks as i anxiously await your response
Regards
Persis

Although there was a sudden sense of scammage there, I sent him another email simply acknowledgeing this response. This is the one I recieved today:

Hello...how are you today ? thanks so much for your mail,appreciate it so much..., i don't have a problem not viewing out the place prior to my coming down because really need to secure a place before coming down in order to eradicate an hotel expenses..Well i think i should tell you more about myself, I'm a Computer, Networking and Communication Engineer. I am currently working on contract for my company, here and hope to end my current assignment soon and will love to come down soon to have a more profitable job and at the same time enrolling for a master degree..

However, based on your AD, I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost and it is ok by me. I would like to make the payment for the first month ahead of my moving in, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter you'll get the payment prior to my arriving date. i'll be needing your full name and mailing address so as to prepare the payment as my client will be sending money order or a check of pay being money due to me.
I will keep you posted of when you are likely to receive the payment because the payment will be sent out to you immediately if i get your full name, phone # and address today
Have a wonderful day!
Regards
Persis

NB check attachment for my picture

PROPERTIES
The list of things i will be moving in are as follow;
my Honda accord car IV-Tech Model metalic green.
suite case containing my books
my 26' DELL PLASMA TV and DVD Home theatre

RENTAL APPLICATION

Applicant Name: Persis Sect
DOB Aug 14th 1980
Address: VISATKOMONWEAT,SELANGO,
MALAYSIA,47100
Passport # B21154342
Driver's license Need to Apply for a new D/L
Supervisor at work : Petty
Supervisor e-mail address.... jewelworldd@aim.com
Supervisor # +447045751423
Current Landlady........ Zelda Maccarthy
E-mail address....... zellda_maccarthy@yahoo.com
In case of Emergency, please contact
Sandra ( relationship, Sister )

I have read the SAME response from different scammers on this website, and it was made clear to me that THIS IS A SCAM!!

This is the second scammer that came by with hopes to screw me over:

Hello,
I am interested in renting your place and here is a little info about
myself. I am Jamie and I am 26 years old, at present I am based in the
UK but will be relocating to your Province to settle. Consequent to this
and in order to make settling in much easier and quicker I am searching
for an accommodation early and I saw your ad on the site and would be
very happy if reservation for the place can be made.
I can assure you that you will not have any regrets letting out this
apartment to me as I am a very respectful and matured individual who
values people’s opinions and also loves to be happy and make people
happy( Happiness is a product of making someone happy).I am calm and
collected by nature and I get along much easily with most people.
Furthermore, I do not smoke and I drink very lightly. I will be coming
over alone, with no family or pets.
My reason for moving is because I have a new job offer and the pay is
very good. I will be working as a Database Administrator for crossbow
I. T Corp.
Please reply me as soon as you read this email. I’ll be waiting to hear
from you, Kindly contact me via email.
Thank you once more
Yours sincerely
Jamie

I knew right away this was a scam, and simply responded by saying: This is a scam, needless to say, he didnt respond back. I found his email jamiekennart@gmail.com on a Canadian scammers blog, but it was under a johnkennart@gmail.com

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shall I respond to Mr. Tulip letting him know, I know? tehehehe

Post subject: Re: Craigslist and Kijiji scammers seem to be working together..
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:26 pm 

Quote:
Shall I respond to Mr. Tulip letting him know, I know? tehehehe

It is better if you don't let the scammers know you know they are scammers. If you do then they might change their username and email address. You can do one of two things. 1. Tell her you will only accept payment via Western Union or 2. tell her you have rented the place to someone else.

Good job in realizing these are scammers.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php