ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Don't use Roommates.com!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:37 am 

I have signed up at roommates.com and have had 2 real replies(well I THINK they're real) and about 10 scammers.

This site is full of people trying to take your money, don't even bother, it's just not worth it.

The scam I have encountered is basically they say they are unable to show the apartment in person and send the deposit to them so they can send the contract and keys. Yeh, like im going to send you money without even seeing the place first. dumbasses.

Another guy asked that i send my wife the money then send him a photocopy of the receipt to proove i have the money available. I talked to Western union and they said not to as if he could make a fake id he could use the info on the receipt to withdraw the funds. I told the guy i would attach a 'security question' to the transaction, (they can only get the money if they answer the Q right), and he said thats fine, so im thinking that he might have an inside connection at western union.

It's funny, that particular guy said i could call him, told me he was in New Jersey and gave me his number which had a cali area code. I asked why and he said he was a pilot and was in cali. I traced the number and it originated in COMPTON! hahah yeh, your at the compton airport i suppose? idiot

These people make my blood boil, I wish there was something I could do to get them back, but oh well.

BE WARNED, DO NOT USE ROOMMATES.COM - LOADS OF SCAMMERS!