ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This is a duplex that I found on Craigslist. I need advise!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:06 pm 

Thanks for your email and interest in renting my house..I am RUSSELL GERALD,the owner of the house you are making enquiry of…Actually I resided in the house with my family, my wife and my only daugther before and presently we have moved out due to my transfer from my work now in Warsaw,Poland. Presently my house is still available for rent for $450 USD (rent already includes utilities).More so Now, i’m currently in the (West Africa)for an international Christian follower’s crusade.Pls i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.

This is the address of the House(3410 TOMAHAWK DR, LAKE HAVASU CITY AZ 86406.)..

It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout with lots of big windows…nice and light! New neutral paint and some newer carpet..Very quiet, low traffic area. New fridge I believe its absolutely a perfect home for you and your family.Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas Etc...
SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW.
RENT APPLICATION FORM.
FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
PROFESSION:__________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
NAME OF PET: _____________?
KIND OF PETS: _____________?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE ______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK ______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____?
Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you…Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this…The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to…A Deposit of $450 (which happens to be the security deposit) is required before moving in…Feel free to call me for more information and arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you…my number is (+23470-4012-2800 011-234-70-4012-2800).The house will be available for rent for a period of 4 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there…
God Bless,
RUSSELL GERALD

I actually drove to the duplex and it was very nice. If this is a scam how do I find the real owner of the home?

Post subject: Re: This is a duplex that I found on Craigslist. I need advise!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:39 pm 

This home is for rent however the person you got emailed from is a scammer. The real owner's name and contact info are in the real ad for the home (see below)

Here is the real ad for the home:
http://www.housesforrent.ws/listing619245.aspx

What this scammer did was post an ad on Craigslist for this same rental that he saw elsewhere but instead changed it to his contact information... and changing the rental amount to get a bigger response, he would most likely ask you to "wire" the security and rent to him since he's "out of town" (he probably lives in Nigeria). The typos are a big give away that this particular ad and email is from a scammer. It's a good thing you thought to check it out first. Also you can always call city hall in the city that the property is located (the dept that does the property taxes) to get the information on who the owner is of any particular property (it's public record).

Nice catch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:08 pm 

Wow, I just got almost the *exact* email from a duplex I inquired about on Craigslist today, I was excited until something just told me that it was to good to be true. Shame on them, seriously!!! :evil:

Thanks for your email and interest in renting my house..I am Victor Ben ,the owner of the house you are making enquiry of…Actually I resided in the house with my family, my wife and my only daugther before and presently we have moved out due to my transfer from my work now in ,Poland. Presently my house is still available for rent for 600USD (rent already includes utilities).More so Now, i’m currently in the ()for an international Christian follower’s crusade.Pls i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.

This is the address of the House ( 12600 S. Lindsay Road, Mesa, AZ.)..

It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout with lots of big windows…nice and light! New neutral paint and some newer carpet..Very quiet, low traffic area. New fridge I believe its absolutely a perfect home for you and your family.Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas Etc...
SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW.

RENT APPLICATION FORM.
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
HABITS

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you…Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this…The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to…A Deposit of $500 (which happens to be the security deposit) is required before moving in…Feel free to call me for more information and arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you…my number is (+23470-4012-2800 011-234-70-4012-2800).The house will be available for rent for a period of 4 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there…

God Bless,

Victor Ben

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:06 pm 

OMG!!! WHAT A SCAMMER! This is the email I recieved....

LOOK PEOPLE, IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS!!!!

Hello

Thanks for your email and interest in renting my house..I am the owner of the house you are making enquiry of...Actually I resided in the house with my family, my wife and my only daugther before and presently we have moved out due to my transfer from my work now in Warsaw,Poland. Presently my house is still available for rent for $750 USD (rent already includes utilities)..Moreso Now, i'm currently in Lagos , Nigeria for an international christian follower's crusade.

Pls i want you to note that,i am a kind, honest and trustworthy man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.i have included the address of the house on the post so you will not have a problem going over or drive by the area of the house and see the place because as soon as i got your mail i had to flag the add so some other people does not come contacting...... This is the address of the House (516 Baker St, Longmont, CO, 80501 )..

It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout with lots of big windows....nice and light! New neutral paint and some newer carpet..Very quiet, low traffic area. New fridge...I believe its absolutely a perfect home for you and your family.Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas.
SO IF YOU ARE REALY INTRESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE
RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW

RENT APPLICATION FORM.
DATE OF BIRTH:__________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
do you agree to pay the security deposit before moving in____________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
HABITS

NB: we could not quickly arrange for an agent or look for some one to immediately hand over the keys to.....you know you can not just give anybody keys to your home and also to help you rent it out...that is not done so easily these days so i was advised to come down here with it since it would be very easy to mail back to any person who wants to rent......So i need you to see reasons with us....so you can call me on this number 011-234-703-492-6797 or +234-708-148-7676,+234-703-492-6797
011-234-708-148-7676

The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to...A Deposit of $700 (which happens to be the Security Deposit) is required before moving in which will be refunded back to you after 3 months of rent, and you will pay the rent and security deposit as payment to receive the keys and some papers for move in and also full house plan

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you...Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this...

Stay Blessed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:31 pm 

Another one huh? Just awful, shame on them! :evil: It makes me sad to think of how many people have fallen for this and lost money... and I can't believe they keep using the SAME EMAIL over and over, just changing the address each time. :roll: