ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Old I am Overseas, Send Me Cash via Western Union Scam
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:30 am 

I recently replied to the same posting on domain.com.au and received a response the next day!!

I was getting really excited but decided to google her name to find out who she was and why she is to be able to rent her apartment so cheaply...

And I came across this website and I'm very glad i did!

Thanks to the original poster for taking the time to actually expose this scam. Without it I would have also fell for the scam.

Thanks a million!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:32 pm 

Hi all,

I also found a fantastic looking and unbelievably cheap Liverpool Street CBD property listed on domain.com that was removed from the site almost as soon as I emailed for information. The email response I received was from a Rebecca Joanne Gutterson. Different name, but I thought the story sounded similar. Here's the email I received:

"Hello,
Thank you for your interest. The apartment is available, but now I'm in Milano, Italy with my job . I will stay here for 3 years, so this is the reason why i offer the apartment for rent . I'm the owner of the apartment and it looks exactly like in the pictures. The rent for 1 month is AUD $1000 including all utilities (water, electricity, internet,cable, parking). You can move in the apartment in the same day you receive the keys. I must inform you that the keys from the apartment are with me and I hope that we will find a way to make this happen. Thanks."

Think it may be related to these others?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:22 pm 

Rebecca Gutterson is at it again! Thank you so much for this forum - after a google search on her name when my suspicions were piqued, I found this forum, and the proof that I was being strung along.

Not everything that appears "too good to be true" is, but when it comes to beautiful apartments in Liverpool Street Sydney - it is! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 pm 

Hey guys,

I'm from Darwin and almost fell for one of Rebecca's scams by renting an apartment she had listed on domain.com.au

So far, we have discussed how the transactions will work (via TNT) and she provided me with a list of steps we need to follow to complete the transaction. The only details she has of mine is my address.

I decided to do some research on TNT Payment Agents in my area. I couldn't find any details, so I did a whitepages search on her since she said she owns the apartment and is in Milan for 3 years. No luck there either, so I googled her name and foumd this forum. I am glad I did too, after realising that the place is way too cheap for the centre of Darwin City!

Back to the search I go!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:57 am 

I also fell for Rebecca Joanne Gutterson's dream rental appartment offer. This time she was offering a two bedroom place in Shelley Street on Kings Street Wharf in Sydney for 300 dollars a week, fully furnished, and all electricity, internet, everything included...

She started by saying that she had just moved to Milano Italy to undertake a new job and that she would arrange for the keys to be sent via courier TNT and then I would have to transfer money into a Western Union Agent.

Luckily, I googled the offer and found out it was a scam via this website.

Domain.com.au is where I saw the offer.

I can't believe it!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:41 am 

I can't believe it......I was looking for an apartment in Adelaide and there was this amazing rental apartment....guess who was the "owner"??? Rebecca Joanne Gutterson. The same story about Milano and TNT. I asked her/his some details about the apartment but I didn't receive any response. I decided to googled it and I found this.
Here is the mail I received from her:

Subject: Re: [domain.com.au] North Terrace Adelaide SA 5000
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:28 +1000

Hello,
Thank you for your interest. The apartment is available, but now I'm in Milano, Italy with my job . I will stay here for 3 years, so this is the reason why i offer the apartment for rent . I'm the owner of the apartment and it looks exactly like in the pictures. The rent for 1 month is AUD $1000 including all utilities (water, electricity, internet,cable, parking). You can move in the apartment in the same day you receive the keys. I must inform you that the keys from the apartment are with me and I hope that we will find a way to make this happen.
Thanks.

We have to do something!!!!!!!

Thank you for these posts!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:41 pm 

SO GLAD i just googled her name. I literally JUST received that email from her.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:27 pm 

Wow, she doesn't even take note of what I said in my emails. I just got a reply saying she has given the items to TNT and wants the payment by the end of the weekend. When I first replied to her emails, I told her that I wouldn't have the money until next Friday.

Copy and paste emails really give it away.

Post subject: WARNING HELEN WARNER
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:52 am 

She is now under the name of Helen Warner: This is the recent ad posted on domain on Friday the 5th of June 2009

Property ID: 6195878
Shelley St., King Street Wharf, Sydney NSW 2000

Beautifully furnished 2 bedroom apartment located at prestigious King Street. Enjoy all that the city has to offer with a short stroll to any destination.

Open plan living area with cityviews, high ceilings and opens to balcony with BBQ and outdoor setting. Generous bedroom with spacious built-in wardrobes.

Sleek kitchen with gas stainless steel appliances, island bench space, dishwasher drawer, microwave & chrome fridge/freezer. Designer bathroom includes rimless glass shower recess & concealed internal laundry with with white goods.

Contemporary furniture package is mostly brand new and includes 42 inch flat screen television + surround sound home entertainment.

Further features include reverse cycle air conditioning, good internal storage and full building security + concierge service.

Resort style facilities include out door pool and BBQ area + well equipped gym.

King Street Wharf is literally a minute's walk to city. Located on the harbour front amongst an array of restaurants, bars and specility shops this is the ultimate city lifestyle.

Furnished
Pets Allowed
Renovated
Views
Air Conditioning/Heating
Lift
Gas
High speed internet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:21 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

marcedvic wrote:
SO GLAD i just googled her name. I literally JUST received that email from her.

I love it when someone googles the scammer and finds our site. :mrgreen:

We need a PSA that says that Google and SVU can protect you from scams . . . Google the info and find it on SVU.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:02 am 

hmm i was a bit suss when "Helen Warner" aka now "Robert Kindell" sent me an immediate response with teh same old "I am in Milano send the money and I'll send the keys AND had immediately removed the ad from the website! The Shelley St "apartment" bedrooms had very different windows (one set old and one set new) so I thought that a bit odd and the building off the balcony actually looked like a landmark Melbourne buildling (where I live) for a Sydney apartment! So did a google under the address and typed in "scam" with it and came across yr website. Thanks heaps.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:16 pm 

I was cheated by Rebecca Joanne Gutterson recently.

Actually I googled her name on line last week and could not find any thing.

hmm.

Anyway, I post her identification that she sent me although I am not sure it is her real identification.

This web site does not allow to post a PDF file.

If anyone can help to upload a PDF file in here, could you send me email?

I will forward Rebecca's identification to you.

Hope it helps other people.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:39 pm 

you can copy and paste

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:59 pm 

jdhurt wrote:
you can copy and paste

The size of the file is very big (2.41 MB) so it is not possible to post it in here which allows 256 KB for posting.

Maybe you can tell me how to reduce a size of files.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:10 pm 

the only other thing I can think of is copy portions of it into seperate posts

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next