ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: The Old I am Overseas, Send Me Cash via Western Union Scam
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:09 pm 

O MY.....i think those scammers are getting smarter every time...but at the same time, they also do some easily noticeable mistakes...:)
In my case, this so-called sargeant from the US Army told me to send payment for a satelite phone to Military Telecom via Western Union or MoneyGram.
I was getting very suspicious by this time...since he told me that it's impossible for military personnels to use any means of communication devices which are provided in the camp.....and base on that reason he needs the phone to communicate with me. I asked him if what he said was true...and he told me it's the rule in this camp (he said he's stationed in Camp VITORY (notice the mistake in here?!?!...we were chatting through yahoo messenger so the mistake of his writings was very noticeable...:)).
Anyway, i told him to send me email for the destined address...this is what he sent me....

"You are provided with address of an agent in your country that will help you deliver the money to us. Below is the address for western union and money gram payment.
Receiver's name : Nicola Holmes
Address : 2705 Midimes Drive
City : Tampa
States : Florida
Do get back to us with the details of payment such as : Sender's name, Monet Transfer Control Number (MTCN), Amount sent, Location and a Copy of the Western Union receipt."

Ok, when i read the email i thought since when a company use personal address to receive payments?
When i asked him if he's sure that it's the address....(i asked him like 3 times), he kept answering YES!...ROTFL HARD!!!!. I mean how stupid does he think i am??. Maybe he was getting a bit suspicious by my repeat questions...so he told me that the address belongs to military Telecom's accountant (MORE ???????....WHAT???...ROTFL HARD the 2nd time).

I don't know if this scammer comes from Nigeria or from anywhere else in the world. I just can't imagine if this person has stolen someone's identity in the military.
And...he's using yahoo messenger id under the name sgt.jamesp (sgt.jamesp@yahoo.com). And also watch out for this id jonhdominic (jonhdominic@yahoo.com)...many people said that he's also a scammer. Both of them pretend that they are sargeants in US Army, and now being dployed in Iraq. Both of them said that they are now being stationed in Camp Victory, Baghdad).

Thank you...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6