ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: this has to be a scam?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:00 pm 

her name is juliet williams.she found my apartment on craigslist.

she just seems overly eager. she is telling me she lives in canada and cant talk on the phone. her family lives in south dakota. she went to usc and was a bio major hoping to join the medical field.

i told her i still have 2 more interviews to get through before i can gaurantee anything but she sounded great and i would get back to her soon.

she responded telling me how excited she was and that she was going to have her dad mail the payment... i havent even told her an amount yet and she hasnt seen one picture... for all she knows i could be one of those creepy old guys that lives in a box and tries to rape you when you come over that your mom always warned you about when you started using the internet...

i emailed her back asking how she was going to make a payment without knowing the amount and various other questions. has anyone else heard this name yet? im going to feel bad if she isnt a scammer and i responded so critically.

it would be great if people could tell me the craigslist scammers they have come across because i have been using that a lot.

Post subject: Re: this has to be a scam?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 pm 

Quote:
she responded telling me how excited she was and that she was going to have her dad mail the payment

It sounds like a scam. Anytime someone tells you they will have someone mail the payment it is almost certain a scam. If she ask for you to send part of the money back DO NOT do it. If you google her name and add scam or scammer to it a boat load comes up with various scams. Google her email address. Also check her IP address to see if she is really where she says she is. Just be careful.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php