ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jessica Farrell
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:40 pm 

Jessica Farrell is one of the main scammers on the net. Into all types of scams, not just room rentals. Quite a few people working under this name. Some good news, as of Jan. 16,2009 Hotmail and Live.com have suspended jessica_farrell@live.com. No doubt this criminal organization, and this is a criminal organization, will get other email addresses. Western Union and other money transfer agencies should take the same steps as hotmail/live. These money transfer agencies are fast becoming complicit in fraud. As well, ToysRUS cheques from Toronto are being used by the Jessica Farrell crime ring. Currently, the ring is using people in Nigeria,UK, U.S.A. Canada and other countries.The phone number they are currently using is +2347056701612.
Sites like ScamVictimsUnited are helping. These scammers are wrecking the net as a useful resource. Keep up the pressure on and info. on jessica crime ring. It helps. One day we'll read about them finally securing a concrete room with bars.

Post subject: Re: Jessica Farrell
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:59 pm 

This is a copy of a letter I sent to Western Union. It suggests a way to help people worldwide to avoid being a victim of scams. I have now collected a dozen or so checks from scammers looking to buy my products, services, rent my room and others that have claimed I have won the UK lottery and so on. I LOVE messin' with these scammers who have answered my ads on Craigslist, Ebay and other sites. I always contact the companies who the check was drawn on via email and let them know their bank accts. have been used in these scams. it gives me a great feeling when I receive an overnight UPS/USPS letter containing an overpayment check made out to the order of one of my many alias and borrowed from "Bart Simpson's" phone calls to Moe's Tavern. I have received checks for Mr. I.P. Freely, Miss Amanda Hugginkis, Mr. Jack Mehoff, Miss Ivanna Tinkle and others. I feel that hopefully these scumbags will get the point that Americans and others around the world will not be victims anymore by these scams.

HERE IS THE LETTER TO WESTERN UNION:
In the 40s when you got a Western Union telegram your company usually were bringing bad news, a death from the military service. It was a Govt. contract and made money off of that. Now in the new millennium you bring more bad news. Internet fraud. Thousands of Americans have lost millions of dollars to con artists who claim they want to buy a product listed online, rent a room to a foreign student, won a lottery, found a lost animal and countless other scams. Yet, you do nothing about tightening your security when it comes to people receiving funds. You could add a space from the sender for them to fill out saying for "lottery, Internet, sale, Internet loan, lost pet, etc." which would require absolute information about the receiving party AND A THUMBPRINT. I will be forwarding a copy of this suggestion to every newspaper, TV news and Internet news who may pressure you to start thinking about the people in the world scammed through your service. BTW, my landlord the most trusting soul in the world lost her life savings of $25,000 to a scam artist using your system.
Please send this out to EVERYONE in your email lists and to any news agencys you know.

Mark Chenarides

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm 

Here is the new name she is using and some fun I just had sending this out to her. She'll think one of her partners is ripping her off.

Subject: I Sent the money

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:44 PM
From: "------------------------------------------View contact details To: katewille15@aol.com

Hello Roomie Katherine, How nice it was to have Ms. Lugo contact me directly via email. She gave me the new instuctions and other name to wire the money. She was very nice and said nice things about you. I sent the cash about and hour ago and apparently she has already picked it up at her Moneygram office. I can't wait for your arrival on the 30th and will be glad to pick you up at the airport. See you then.

Miss Amanda Hugginkis

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, katewille15@aol.com <katewille15@aol.com> wrote:

Subject: send Via westernunion..
To:
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 11:07 AM

Hi ,

Thanks so much for the concern roomie,As i have told you the shipper needs to have the money asap,so that is why i don't want any other delay,,I have told the shipper that i'll be sending $ ,if you can today .The amount to send with the service fee is $2450

And to make the delievery of my things fast and for me not to loose much money,he told me that i should make sure that i get the money sent to him at where he is now...
So just write down the shippers info below locate a moneygram location (and you can do that by logging onto
http://www.moneygram.com and find agent location around you ) and get the information below written down as the info below is what you will be needing at the moneygram location...and go there with cash as the money will be sent electronically

The shipper's info needed at the moneygram location is below
NAME -Liliana Lugo
ADD----965 courtland dr
CITY----San Bernardino
CA. 92405
Please as soon as you get it sent ,Kindly make sure that you email me the sending informations such as the ,

1.Sender's full name and address,
2.Refrence Number
3..Total money sent...

Please make sure that You get this done asap so that i don't loose all that i ve worked for!,And please kindly let me know if i'll be needing anything for the room again and let me know if i can change the colour?
I'll also hope that You 'll still be able to come and pick me up,I'll get the flight Information to you as soon as i solve the shipping problem....

Thanks for being there for me and Waiting for me

Katherine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:34 am 

hello all,
apparently our dear jessica has her old em address again, somehow convincing hotmail/live that she is legit. Western Union and hotmail/live are accomplices to this and other fraudsters. Their execs should be held criminally responsible, a class action against them, and very,very,very heavy fines. Hotmail knows where she/he is located and even moreso, western union. The re-re-routing of email,money transfers and moneygrams has to end up somewhere. They have this info. Time the authorities got off their asses and obtained warrants for hotmail/western union records, instead of constantly pleading that they can't do anything except monitor. Perhaps their salaries should be reduced, or a time limit on their right to investigate. Might light a fire under their asses. Till then, it's still up to us to stop,frustrate and confuse the jessica farrells of the internet world. Methinks we are doing a better job than the authorities in addressing internet scammers.
Regards,
Tresont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:23 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

All victims of this scam that sent the money via Western Union need to contact them at at 1-800-325-6000.

Forward any suspicious emails to spoof@westernunion.com

Other Contacts Colorado Customers:

Entities other than FDIC insured financial institutions that conduct money transmission activities in Colorado, including the sale of money orders, transfer of funds, and other instruments for the payment of money or credit are required to be licensed by the Colorado Division of Banking pursuant to the Money Transmitters Act, Title 12, Article 52, Colorado Revised Statutes. If there are questions or concerns regarding a transaction with a licensee, please contact the Colorado Division of Banking at 303-894-7575 or by mail at:

Colorado Division of Banking
1560 Broadway, Suite 975
Denver, Colorado 80202

Consumer complaints should be in writing, providing as much detail as possible. Please include the following information:

The name of the institution and the name of any person(s) at the institution with whom the complainant has had contact. Include telephone number(s) and addresses.

A complete description of the complaint and any efforts that have been made to resolve the complaint directly with the institution.

Copies of any available documentation supporting the complaint and efforts toward resolution.

Any suggestions regarding a preferred resolution of the complaint.

Maryland Customers:
The Commissioner of Financial Regulation for the State of Maryland will accept all questions or complaints from Maryland residents regarding Western Union Financial Services, Inc. at Commissioner of Financial Regulation, Attention Complaint Unit, 500 North Calvert Street, Suite 402, Baltimore, Maryland 21202, phone 1-888-784-0136.

Texas Customers:
After first contacting Western Union Financial Services, Inc., if you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company's money transmission or currency exchange activity, please direct your complaint to the Texas Department of Banking:

In Person or U.S. Mail: Texas Department of Banking, 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Suite 300, Austin, TX 78705-4294

Telephone Number: 1-877-276-5554 (toll free)
Fax Number: 512-475-1313
E-mail Address: consumer.complaints@banking.state.tx.us
Website Address: http://www.banking.state.tx.us

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:39 pm 

It's not just Jessica...it's John Kendrich/ Joseph Kendrich/ and many other names..they are all the same organization.... and Western Union is making a killing...I reported my scam to them and all they can say is that they have put it on file.... why is it that people still send them money to the same address and there is no warning that pops up for the sender to warn them that this is a scammers address....because they would loose money. It's all a big MAFIA...too many people involved, all we can do is try to warn as many people out there,....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:28 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

patrizia

I agree with you . . . there should be warning signs up at every Western Union and MoneyGram location. They do have warnings on the paperwork that you fill out when you go to send the money, but I am sure it is in that "fine print" that no one really reads.

The scammers change the address to send the money to on a regular basis, so a warning attached to the address might not help . . . and, if they have the correct info on the transfer they do not have to be at the location that YOU put on the transfer form anyway.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:48 pm 

Received this response from Craiglist today. The email address reads' Jeniffer but they refer to themselves as Jessica in the text.

Jeniffer Farrell <jj.farrelll@hotmail.co.uk>
It suits the type of place i need for my comfort and work. > Am a lady of 29 yrs old ,i was born and brought up in UK and i > lived all my life there. Am a medical practisioner,a doctor to > be precise but presently in West Africa for a program which will > be ending soon. I will be coming to CANADA for another program

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:58 pm 

I received a request to rent my 5 bedroom home from Jessica Farrell this week through Craigslist. Her initial request came as Jeniffer Farrell [jj.farrelll@hotmail.co.uk]. But was signed Jessica. The next communication came directly from Jessica Farrell [jessica_farrell@live.com] and wanted to send money to hold the home immediately.
As I have read on your site, the grammer was very poor, professes to be a Doctor from the UK who is finishing up in South Africa on shortly and needed a place very soon to continue her work with HIV. We are about 150 km north of Toronto, and so not really in the heart of research area. That was one of the points that did not mesh. The person made no effort to answer questions that I asked of them in the reply email regarding references, family/friends in the area that I could talk to etc.
I didn't know how to proceed, but as I was grateful for the information on this site, chose to ignore this potential tenant and at least offer this information here. I hope it helps someone else.