ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dawn L Jamison, Watch out for her
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:41 am 

Unfortunately i gave her my adress before i realized the nature of what she was REALLY doing. I feel utterly foolish but i did cut her off completely now. For all your information, i will post her typical first few emails so that you can see who she is and what she says.

Hi there,
My name is Dawn Louise Jamison, I am 28 years old and I work full time, Monday through Friday and have weekends off except for once a month. I was born and raised in Fort Atkinson Wisconsin, but presently in Amsterdam Holland on a business trip for more than 10 months.......I am a professional, A Computer Consultant and I deal in various kinds of computer applications and software. I graduated in the University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) 4 years ago and I have my B.sc in Computer Science... Please if you don't mind I will like to have answers to the following questions below:
i)I will like to have the rent fee per month plus the utilities.
ii) I will like to have the description of the Place, size, and the equipments in there.
iii) Also I will like to know if there is any garage or parking space cos I will have my own car come over.
iv) I will also be coming with some of my furniture, that is if it is allowed, like bed, book shelf cos I read a lot, shoe rank etc
v) I will also like to know if I can make an advance payment ahead my arrival that will be as a kind of commitment that I am truly coming over and for you to hold the place down for me.
vi) If the #5 questions is YES, I will like to know the total cost for the initial move as in first month rent and if you accept deposit.
vii) I will like to know the major intersection nearest your neighborhood. Like shopping mall, bus line e.t.c
Lastly, I will like to know more about you and also I will like to have your pictures as for me to know how you look like.
Here is all I can say about myself for now.
I am not really a sports person, BUT I do love Hockey Games, I am a very outgoing person and fun to be with. I do play the organ and piano, and I do have BOTH piano and organ here at my house. I am not a drinker and I don't smoke and I don't do drugs. I would also like to go out with you on weekends and weeknights when I am free. I like going to movies, concerts, plays, I like camping, hiking, bike riding, swimming, and I love to travel.
I am a very dedicated individual who is totally committed to human development, friendly, very trustworthy and value relationship above anything. I am a laid back person, I love traveling, sporting and Enjoy meeting people around the world. I am an easy going person and look forward to meet kind hearted, loving and caring person that is very responsible and understanding, someone I can really get along with. I will take my time to get you one of my pictures in my next mail for you to know how I look like, I am sure you will like me.
I am presently in Amsterdam Holland and I will be moving to USA fully to live for the rest of my life and start a new life and set up my own business as a Computer Consultant ( I have my resume). I will be staying in your Place as long as the lease is drawn.
I should be returning to America on before Dec. 1 2008
I need answers to my 8 questions above as soon as possible so as to arrange for you to get the money prior for my arrival to retain and consider the place is mine.. I will be making this advance payment ahead my arrival so that you can be rest assured that this is real since I am not in the state presently. If you think
I will be a good applicant to you and you are interested in renting the place to me
NOTE: Kindly address all emails to me directly to my private email box at djamison33@live.com
Thanks and have a good time.
Warmest Regards,
Dawn Louise Jamison

Hi Once Again,

Thanks so much for responding. I must confess I am quite comfortable with the cost and it is okay by me .I will like to make the first month payment ahead of my arrival and the subsequent month will be effected thereafter as I plan to stay for as long the lease is drawn and I’m so glad to get a place at last and i will be glad renting the place and also if you hold the place for me, I should be arriving as Soon as all arrangements are okay by you and i will be signing applications and leases when I arrive to America.
As for my mode of payment, My Ex company once owed me some money and they have agreed to pay me back only in form of a check which i have been waiting for a long time for this money and I have now talked to them that i will like them to send the money to you which they have granted, and they will be sending you a check of my last payment in which i will like you to deduct your first month rent fee and deposit from it and i will like you to help me send the remaining balance to my traveling agency because the money you will be sending to them will be used to book for my flight ticket to the states.
I will need your following information below so as to prepare the check:
(1)Your full name as it will appear on the check,
(2) Your work or home address to ensure delivery in your hands through regular mails or a courier service this week,
(3) Your phone number to keep contact close and avoid package missing in transit.

I will also like to know the nearest airport to the house. I will also like to know if you will be available to come pick me up from the airport and show me around or if I should make alternative arrangement. I'll be so glad if you can reserve the Place for me and help remove all your the adverts about the place as I'll love to rent the place.

Now a little more about myself:

Name: Dawn Louise Jamison JNR
Eyes: Black
Height: 5' 6' (167cm)
Weight: 122 pounds (55.0 kg)
Body Style: Athletic/Fit
Activity Level: Active
Smoking: No
Drinking: Socially
Marital Status: Single
Children: I have no kids
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Languages I speak: English, Spanish, Chinese, Dutch and French
Ethnicity: Native American
Religion: Catholic
Grew up in: America
Education: MCSA/MCSE
Annual Income: Over $110,000USD
My favorite cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese/Dim Sum, Deli, Eastern-European, Fast Food/Pizza, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese/Sushi, Mexican, Seafood, Soul Food, Thai, Vietnamese
My favorite music: Dance/Electronics, Disco, Easy Listening, Pop/Top 40, Rap/Hip Hop, Soul/R&B and Soundtracks.
My favorite physical activities: Basketball, Working Out, Dancing, Swimming and Hiking/Walking
See my pictures on http://www.myspace.com/d_jamison333

I am a very easy going kind of girl, pretty laid back and with a modest sense of humor am 28 yrs old and very much single, the only child of my only parent, my mother alive, I lost my father and my only brother years ago in an auto accident. I work full time, Monday through Friday and have weekends off except for once a month. I was born and raised in Fort Atkinson Wisconsin, but presently in Holland on a business trip for more than 10 months. It'll be a long dream come true for me when I finally settle in the US.I have chosen your city for a start to my new life in the US.I am easy to get along with and well mannered. I do not use people's items without permission and consideration. Kindly get back to me ASAP cos I need to pay to enable you turn down other interested parties and keep the place for me until I arrive. I am more interested in a long term lease, but still open to any form of lease you want. Am single as I said and I am not attached to anyone at the moment here and do not have anything holding me back since my mom have given me her full support. I do part time modeling call myself an amateur though,LOL,just something I take as a hobby and also I have a masters degree in Computer Science. I am new living all alone as i have lived with my mom alone in the past but I have no doubts in my mind about my ability to live peacefully with as I was raised to be a lover of peace.Well,i think we will get along well because am a easy going person who respects ones privacy, like I said I don't do drugs or smoke but I drink only occasionally, I strongly believe there will not be any problems living with me as I was raised by strong catholic Christian parents and have imbibed such good qualities from childhood. I will be glad if you have a MSN messenger so we can chat and talk more and get to know each other better, my msn messenger id is Djamison33 if you have a msn or hotmail account you can add me, or you can set up a hotmail account its free, I will love to see your pictures and also your families and friends pictures if you don't mind and those of the place as well, you can also get to see my picture on MySpace..Click to the link below to see my picture http://www.myspace.com/d_jamison333 .I'll be so glad if you can reserve the place for me and get back to me with your FULL NAME, FULL ADDRESS AND CELL PHONE NUMBER so as to prepare the Check. Also please remove all the adverts about the place as I'll love to rent the place.

I will be looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards to your friends and family

Lots of love

Dawn L Jamison

NB: Can you please take the Ads off craigslist so that i will be rest assured that you will rent the place to me.

Post subject: Re: Dawn L Jamison, Watch out for her
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:00 pm 

wow this is so weird! so i dont quite understand why people would want to scam about a room for rent. is it money laundering or something? and what should i do? do i try to contact the authorities? i have given out the apartment address...what do i do if she sends me something?

Post subject: Re: Dawn L Jamison, Watch out for her
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:01 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

How the scam works is that they will send you a money order or cashier's check for the rent and deposit, once you deposit the check they will ask you to wire a portion of the money to them . . . the problem is that the check/money order if FAKE so once the bank figures that out, they will want YOU to pay them back the money you wired.

Basically, if they want to send you a check/money order and then for any reason want you to wire any portion of the money back, DON'T!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch