ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Can you help me see if this is a scam or not?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 pm 

I got almost the same reply to a Craig's List ad on august 27, 2009 from vivisustait@aol.com

Hi
Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the place and you,as my uncle is presently sick and i have to go see him,but really want to hold a place down...
More about me again i am a nurse..I am the neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. i like tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in france as there was where i had my university education and stays with my uncle there!!
I lived all my life way in paris before coming down to SD,,I grew up with my uncle since 15 years old...I ve also wanted to be in the medical way since i was born,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs .
Ambition and Work:
I was looking to move over to your state because i understand that i'll be doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live overthere..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am also making enquires about that now...
Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also do the dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also like sharing my thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends....
Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so you shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent
I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furnitures,please let me know if there will be room for them..
With all that i ve said above,I have told you more about me and more picture of mine will be attach in the next email,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit
Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in by the availability of the place,but want to secured it now
Thanks..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:17 pm 

My husband and I posted a room on Craigslist this morning for SD and this is what we got. As you can see almost exact same wording with different name.

Hello

How is your week going? I am responding to the ad you posted on craigslist that you have a room or townhouse presently up for lease.I want to confirm its availability directly in an email from you.I'll be happy if you rent the unit to me on a long term lease(6 mths or more) as I'll love to rent my personal place before my arrival to the US this September,presently I reside in 210 Tollgate Road,East Ham.Beckton E6 5XW United Kingdom.

Here is my apartment land line +44-702-403-9255,if am not around my roommates Jim or Mark would be however I prefer email communications hope we can get along together though I know it kinda hard expressing oneself via email,but I'll put my pride in the gutters and try to be as explicit as possible.

About me ....Im a single 26 yo professional lady.I prefer cleanliness than any other traits,I'm honest,responsible,and hardworking while I dislike lazy,messy and uncaring people.I love pets so much,am a quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm straight but gay friendly. I always love to go on a date but seldom party. I neither smoke nor drink,I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis also i enjoy snowboarding. I must confess that i am comfortable with the price&utilities,I will like to secure the place down pending my arrival. I will also be shipping my things down to the States such as My Toyota Avalon (XRX 2008)which I've been using for over 6 months now,and some personal effects. don't worry am not bringing in Furniture's I will easily purchase when i arrive. Moreover,Let me know how I can go about securing the place down and filling any necessary application before my arrival as i will busy this month preparing to come over as i plan to arrive on September 29th.

Reference: Doctor Sharon Robinson r.sharon17@yahoo.com
My present roommate Mark Simmons owok147@hotmail.com

I have been a laboratory technician for the past 1yr that involved in projects that include training of college and high school kids on laboratory management , blood diffusion and technological changes in the lab ,Diseases in children between the ages of 4-10yrs are also studied .Right now I have thought of it and understood that moving to the US will not only boost my career but also my personal life.

I hope you will finally consider renting this room to me ,Know well that your rules and terms would be strictly adhered to in the house.I have been introduced to different landlord and room owners but they don't seem easy to get along with, I hope we can get along well as I wait to read from you soon via email.

Sorry for the email novel .I know its a lot to read and i apologize for coming on strong im just looking for someone reliable.I look forward to hearing positive from you.

Warmest Regards
Mercy.

PS: my pictures would be attached in the next mail,when am free at home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this message was remailed to you via: hous-5sjkn-1353333726@craigslist.org

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:38 pm 

The email I received toyed with my emotions in the worst way, lol! Here it is...

Hi There, How re you doing? I hope all is well i got your profile on roommates and am interested in the place you have available. I'm Anita Brown, am 27 yrs old and Am originally from Barcelona, Spain . Graduate of Huerta University on the Costa DE la Luz, I have a master degree in interior fashion and I work as a professional fashion designer. I moved to Loves Park, IL two year ago for work and that's where am living. I'm am not in the states right now, I am presently in Italy . I am currently working on contract for a company call (European Family Home Fashions) here in Rome ( ITALY) which the contract will be ending soon. I will be returning to states in two weeks time and I don't want to go back to my where am living in Loves Park because my house rent has expired there. I enjoy traveling, It is very interesting to get more knowledge about the new countries, new people and traditions. It's great to have such a possibility.
As I was searching through the web I saw the advert of your room. I would like to know maybe it's still available because I'm extremely interested in it. Here are the questions I would like to know about the room before planing to move in to the following questions below:
A}I will like to know the major intersection nearest your neighborhood.like shopping mall,Churches,bus line e.t.c
B}I will like to know the total cost for the my initial move as in first month rent and if you accept deposit.
C}I will like to know if there is any garage or parking space cos I will have my own car come over.
D}I will like to have the rent fee per month plus the utilities.
E}I will
like to have the description of the room, size, and the equipments in
there.
F}I will also like to know Your payment mode.
G}I will like to know if I can make an advance payment ahead my arrival that will be stand as a kind of commitment that I am truly coming over and for you to hold the room down for me.
I will be very glad to have all this questions answered with out leaving a stone unturned... Now a little about myself;I am from Barcelona, Spain : that means I am Spanish and had all my education in Spain . I am 27yrs old and very much single,the only child of my only parent,my mother alive, I lost my father and my only brother years ago while I was still a kid in an auto accident. I am currently living with my mom who's a catholic volunteer worker, But also manages her antique business. She is a volunteer at the sister's of the Eucharistic heart of Jesus convent, Here in Barcelona , Spain . I have been wanted to relocated to the US longtime ago even while I was a little girl growing up and my mom is in support.It' been a long dreamed come true for me when i finally settled in the US now. I have chosen your city for me to live when I arrive. I am easy to get along with and well mannered. I do not use people's items without permission and consideration.
Kindly get back to me ASAP with the your monthly rent and the deposit I need to pay to enable you turn down other interested parties and keep the place for me until I arrive, Because I will like to pay for the deposit before my arrival and I will like to know the total amount the rent for a whole year would be, As I am more interested in a long term lease, But still open to any form of lease you want. And I will like to pay the deposit first of all before I arrive to show my seriousness and so that you can hold the place for me until i arrive.I am single as i said and i am not attached to anyone at the moment. I do part time modeling; I call myself an amateur though, LOL, just something i take as a hobby and also I have a masters degree in interior fashion which I bagged from the Huelva University on the Costa de la Luz in Spain . I will be looking to pick up Fashion Designer jobs once I arrive in your city, Fashion Designer is my life and I love it. I am new
living all alone as i have lived with my mom alone in the past but i have no dubs in my mind about my ability to live peacefully with as I was raised to be a lover of peace. A friend just introduced me to this thing and I really wish that i am able to find the good cultured kind of Place i am looking for here. I hope i am doing it right anyways.LOL. Well,i think we will get along well because am a easy going person who respects ones privacy,like I said I don't do drugs or smoke but I drink only occasionally, I strongly believe there will be any problems living with me as I was raised by strong catholic Christian parents and have imbibed such good qualities from childhood. I will love to see your pics and those of the place as well.I'll be so glad if you can reserve the room for me and remove all your the adverts about the place as I'll love to rent the place.
Get back to me ASAP
Thanks and God Bless.
Warmest Regards,
Anita Brown.

email address: banita67@gmail.com

I initially thought it was a scam when matching up the characteristics of fashion designer/ devote christian/ models for hobby. Thanks to this board showing up in google I can confirm that!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:21 pm 

She is now going by Sonia Anderson. Thanks to her I got scammed out of $2000

Quote:
Hi,
How are you?Sorry for the late reply,i have been very busy with sick mother in the hospital and other things.Thanks so much for the reply.Am sorry, i would have liked to call you on phone to discuss this rental issue but my phone service provider wont let me make international call at the moment.You can call me on phone +447024039255 at home today or tomorrow but i always have full access to my emails.you can reach me 7.pm my time as i guess that will be six hours behind your time.If am not at home,my flatmate,Jim,will be. You can add me on Yahoo messenger if you care to chat(roommatelink@yahoo.com)
I'll be happy if you can rent out the place to me for 6-12 months term lease, as i'll love to get a place before my arrival.

More about me,I am half Brit from dad and half Asian from mum,a science laboratory worker,mostly spend my time in the laboratory experimenting,divorced female of 29yrs,i am educated(undergraduate and post graduate degree), am very active in sport (ski, surf,swimming),a good Christian,very low key and relaxed to live with. I DON'T smoke nor drink and i DON'T mind if flat mates do, I DON'T have a pet also. Presently staying at 10 Marlborough Road, London, E7 8,GB .Tel:+44-702-403-9255

I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5'7' straight. I always love to go on date but seldom party. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis. I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival .i will also need to see the pictures...Attached is my picture ,just to give you a clue of who you are renting to.I hope you like it,i am not a picture loving person though.

I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furniture,please let me know if there will be room for them?
I don't have a job lined up for me there yet but will look for upon my arrival.My Uncle will be responsible for my rent until i get a good Job,Please understand.

Moreover,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over as i plan to arrive by October 25th,2009/My Arrival date is flexible.

Please,feel free to ask me any more question as i am very happy to join you and more so, i will love to always get email from you on how the event unfold till my arrival.

For references reason,kindly contact below:
Former landlord :Kristin Adams(kristinadams76@live.com)
Roommate:Allan Barclay(allanbarclay@gmail.com)
For easy communication ,you can IM me at (roommatelink@yahoo.com) we can chat anytime.

Thanks,I will appreciate every of your effort to assist me in this traveling plans as i will be very happy to know you more than just roommates when i get there.Am very friendly and generous.

Again,Thanks and best regards
Sonia.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:16 am 

Yes, I got an email from this on a room mate website and was cautious. I then, did a google search. Thanks guys...good to hear we have a site like this. Here is the email I got from Anita B:

Hi There, How re you doing? I hope all is well. I'm Anita Brown, am 27 yrs old and Am originally from Barcelona, Spain . Graduate of Huerta University on the Costa DE la Luz, I have a master degree in interior fashion and I work as a professional fashion designer. I moved to Loves Park, IL two year ago for work and that's where am living. I'm am not in the states right now, I am presently in Italy . I am currently working on contract for a company call (European Family Home Fashions) here in Rome ( ITALY) which the contract will be ending soon. I will be returning to states in two weeks time and I don't want to go back to my where am living in Loves Park because my house rent has expired there. I enjoy traveling, It is very interesting to get more knowledge about the new countries, new people and traditions. It's great to have such a possibility.
As I was searching through the web I saw the advert of your room. I would like to know maybe it's still available because I'm extremely interested in it. Here are the questions I would like to know about the room before planing to move in to the following questions below:
A}I will like to know the major intersection nearest your neighborhood.like shopping mall,Churches,bus line e.t.c
B}I will like to know the total cost for the my initial move as in first month rent and if you accept deposit.
C}I will like to know if there is any garage or parking space cos I will have my own car come over.
D}I will like to have the rent fee per month plus the utilities.
E}I will
like to have the description of the room, size, and the equipments in
there.
F}I will also like to know Your payment mode.
G}I will like to know if I can make an advance payment ahead my arrival that will be stand as a kind of commitment that I am truly coming over and for you to hold the room down for me.
I will be very glad to have all this questions answered with out leaving a stone unturned... Now a little about myself;I am from Barcelona, Spain : that means I am Spanish and had all my education in Spain . I am 27yrs old and very much single,the only child of my only parent,my mother alive, I lost my father and my only brother years ago while I was still a kid in an auto accident. I am currently living with my mom who's a catholic volunteer worker, But also manages her antique business. She is a volunteer at the sister's of the Eucharistic heart of Jesus convent, Here in Barcelona , Spain . I have been wanted to relocated to the US longtime ago even while I was a little girl growing up and my mom is in support.It' been a long dreamed come true for me when i finally settled in the US now. I have chosen your city for me to live when I arrive. I am easy to get along with and well mannered. I do not use people's items without permission and consideration.
Kindly get back to me ASAP with the your monthly rent and the deposit I need to pay to enable you turn down other interested parties and keep the place for me until I arrive, Because I will like to pay for the deposit before my arrival and I will like to know the total amount the rent for a whole year would be, As I am more interested in a long term lease, But still open to any form of lease you want. And I will like to pay the deposit first of all before I arrive to show my seriousness and so that you can hold the place for me until i arrive.I am single as i said and i am not attached to anyone at the moment. I do part time modeling; I call myself an amateur though, LOL, just something i take as a hobby and also I have a masters degree in interior fashion which I bagged from the Huelva University on the Costa de la Luz in Spain . I will be looking to pick up Fashion Designer jobs once I arrive in your city, Fashion Designer is my life and I love it. I am new
living all alone as i have lived with my mom alone in the past but i have no dubs in my mind about my ability to live peacefully with as I was raised to be a lover of peace. A friend just introduced me to this thing and I really wish that i am able to find the good cultured kind of Place i am looking for here. I hope i am doing it right anyways.LOL. Well,i think we will get along well because am a easy going person who respects ones privacy,like I said I don't do drugs or smoke but I drink only occasionally, I strongly believe there will be any problems living with me as I was raised by strong catholic Christian parents and have imbibed such good qualities from childhood. I will love to see your pics and those of the place as well.I'll be so glad if you can reserve the room for me and remove all your the adverts about the place as I'll love to rent the place.
Get back to me ASAP
Thanks and God Bless.
Warmest Regards,
Anita Brown.