ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: my mom got scammed out of $2500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:52 pm 

I set up an account on roommates.com for my mom, posting an ad for her room for rent. after a couple months we got a response from a guy named pavel pilkh. we couldnt see the mail that he sent since we didnt have a paid membership so we gave him my moms email address and said to forward questions to there. he sent more mail on roommates.com and didnt send anything to her email so obviously he didnt have a paid membership either, which was kind of strange since on his profile, it said he was willing to pay $2000/month rent and didnt care about sharing a room but couldnt pay the small service fee. ignoring that, we paid the $3 to see his messages and then sent mail to the email he provided pavelpilkh4@gmail.com. he said his company was sending if from the uk to canada for his business, why wouldnt he just get an apartment? ignoring that too, he set up with my mom moving in aug 1st, which would be today. he told her he would send a money order, but he sent her a cheque instead. when she got it he asked for a favour. to take the rest of the money and send it to a western union account in his shippers name. she did, in the sum of $2500. thoughout their relationship they had emailed and talked on skype. he mentioned that his mother was going in for surgery early on. and when time came for him to fly to canada he contacted her saying that his mother had passed and his company was giving him time off and he wouldnt be coming. but before he could ask her to send the rest of the money back she got a notice from the bank stating that the cheque was counterfeit. now, i love my mom and i hate that she was taken advantage of. i'm trying to get things together to take to the police, does anyone have any advice on tracking him down? anything would help. thanks in advance,
heidi.

Post subject: Re: my mom got scammed out of $2500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:49 pm 

I'm sorry to here about your mom...to get things started, click on the link below and follow the instructions on this page:
http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/resour ... _check.htm