ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks to you all I avoided this scam!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:04 am 

Hello Dear Roomie,

How re you doing? thanks so much for the speedy response,I really appreciate it alot.I want you to know that I am so much interested in the place since you have decided to rent it out,I want to assure you that I am really okay about the cost and utilities charges.I would be glad to rent the room,You seems to be a nice and responsible person that i'll like to know more about,I am quiet, kind, loyal. A great meaning for me is a human's soul. Circle of my interests is various.Personality traits are; calm, honest, kind, loyal, lexible,elegant,sociable, sensitive, gentle, cheerful, optimistic, romantic. im a great giver because I so much believes in the Multiplied returns and that's why I don't lack anything. I never speak negatively about people,I take less and listen more to people and does not jump into other people's affairs,am nice and easy going,Am very understanding,open minded with a heart of forgiving,loving and caring with sense of humor,hard working with cheerful character,honest,sincere,kind, warm and intelligent with a very good look. am a very neat person.

I am writing you now to secure the room and pls do not rent it out to someone else...I will inform a client of mine in the USA to make out the payment to you and you will deduct the first month rent and the deposit out of it. You seem to be like a very good and nice person and i want you to know that i am very straight forward and honest person, i get along with people easily!

I will be paying ahead of my arrival for a month which is very important and i believe that will surely secure the room down for me then i'll take care of other important things when i arrive before moving into the room. I want you to know that the first month {Room/deposit} payment will be made in full via certified check or Money Order depending on the mode of payment my client want to pay you with which will stand as a kind of commitment ahead of my arrival.

All I will be needing from you now is your Paym ent Information ' Full Contact Information Such as ; {1} Your Full Name {2} Home Address where the check will be mailed to and finally your Cell or Home phone number, so i can forward them to my client to issue out the payment to you ASAP,and please one important thing i will like you to know is that as soon as you receive the check which will be issued out to you....am expecting you to deduct the first month payment and the security deposit out of it and you will help me send the remaining funds to my Travelling Agency Via Western-Union,so that my travelling agency can book my airline flight back to the states

I will like to stay there for about a year or even more untill i can secure my own personal Apt which i'm planning to buy in the nearest future!

More About me:
Name: Anabella Brooks
Eyes: Green
Hair:Blonde
Height: 5' 6' (167cm)
Weight: 122 pounds (55.0 kg)
Body Style:Athletic/Fit Activity
Level: Active
Smoking: No
Drinking: Socially
Marital Status: Single
Children: I have no kids
Sign: Virgo
Languages I speak: English & Spanish
Ethnicity: Spanish
Religion:Catholic/Christianity
Education: MCSA/MCSE
Annual Income : $75,000
My favorite cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese/Dim Sum, Deli, Eastern-European, Fast Food/Pizza, French, Greek,Indian, Italian, Japanese/Sushi, Mexican, Seafood,Soul Food, Thai, Vietnamese My favorite music: Dance/Electronica, Disco, Easy Listening, Pop/Top 40, Rap/Hip Hop, Soul/R&B and Soundtracks. My favorite physical activities: Basketball, Working Out, Dancing, Swiming and Hiking/Walk

I love travelling, sporting and enjoy meeting people. I don't smoke or drink but i do not mind people who do being around me. Am cool headed and easy going person with no criminal records and i like to have a roommate or neighorbour who is very responsible and understanding,someone i can really get a long with. As soon as you get this mail pls get back to me with the Info i requested for so that every thing can be done fast. Take care and I will be looking forward to hear from you soon,I attached pics below and I am on the right side,thats my friend Martinez. Thanks and have a good day

Warmest Regards
Anabella.

Please Everyone be careful

Post subject: Re: Thanks to you all I avoided this scam!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:01 pm 

I've gotten the exact same email but from a Sarah Scoty... See the post below..

Hello Leaser,

my name is sarah scoty, i am an pediatric nurse and a make up artist as part time,i was opportuned to see and i read through your posting concerning the advert you posted on craigslist.com, i am expressing my sheer interest in taking up the room, what are the modalities in taking up the place, please have the requirements sent in these form

*Total rent Required before moving in
* Utility Bills

I will be anxiously waiting for your email ,I want you to know that i really need the room now and i am the serious type paying rent ,when emailing me please tell me more about the place and more pics if you have...I am open to any type of lease..

Kind Regards

Sarah

2nd email...

Salut

Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the place and yourself.

More about me again i am a nurse,26 years old..I am the neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. i like tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in france as there was where i had my university education and stays with my uncle there!!I speaks French and English, so you have the chance to learn french

I lived almost all my life way in paris before coming down to SD,I am presently in south dakota now (really i know that most renter will love to meet the person renting to before move in)i cant judge myself but i am a Godfearing and straight forward person that respect you and your privacy, I was in my final year when my mum died,i lost my dad before i was born,I grew up with my uncle after my mum died...she was a nurse before she died,so i knew much about nursing before she died,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs,and we were also in alabama when they had the attack of hurricane katrina

Ambition and Work:

I was looking to move over to your state, because i understand that i'll be doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live overthere..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am also making enquires on that now...

Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also do the dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also like sharing my thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends....
Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so you shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent

I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furnitures,please let me know if there will be room for them..

With all that i ve said above,I have told you more about me and a picture of mine will be attach in the next email,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in asap,but want to secured it now

Thanks..

I knew something was up because the email just seemed off. BUt I reported to AOL and Craigslist as fraud. Hopefully they will do something and no one else gets caught in this sceme...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:13 pm 

I am so glad I googled Sara Scoty! I was worried her response to my craigslist roommate wanted ad was a scam and I was right! Thanks for helping me from getting taken in by such a scam artist.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:05 am 

Thanks to you as well, as I just got this same email "scam" from a roomate wanted posting I put on Craiglists. It seemed a little fishy, and yes, I was was. Thanks again.

**PS- the name this creep used (he/she might be a guy) is Tracy Williams, must not be too brights, as he/she told me that "she" is from France. Somehow Tracy Williams doesn't seem quite "French" enough to be legit.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:28 pm 

Wow! I got one from Sara Scoty two days ago and then another almost identical one today from Angela Jones.

Both were in response to an ad for a roommate on Craig's List.

I responded to the first one and she wrote back more gibberish with the promise to send a photo.

I wonder what her scam is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:47 pm 

Quote:

To get your money.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:16 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

jordan2 wrote:

They will send you a check or money order to hold the room for rent, and it will be for too much. They will ask you to wait until the check clears and then wire the extra back to them (or on to the person who is taking care of transportation of all of their belongings)

The problem is that the check is counterfeit, but the bank will not know for over a week. Read this for more details on check clearning.
http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/ ... k-they-do/

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:51 am 

Also involved in romance scams as Rose Benisse: the request for money will come later but I googled "A great meaning for me is a human's soul." and this forumn/thread showed up. Tineye didn't get a hit on the photo but I'm sure it's stolen.

Return-Path: <rose.benisse@yahoo.com>
Received-SPF: none (domain of yahoo.com does not designate permitted sender hosts) cyBmb3IgdGhlIG1lc3NhZ2UuSSB3YW50IHlvdSB0byAKa25vdyB0aGF0IGkg YW0gdmVyeSBkZWxpZ2h0ZWQgdG8gaGVhciBmcm9tIHlvdS50aGF0J3Mgd2h5 IGkgdGhvdWdodCBpIApzaG91bGQgc2VuZCB5b3UgYW4gZW1haWwgd2l0aCBt eSBwaWN0dXJlcyBhbmQgYWxzbyB0aGFua3MgZm9yIGRyb3BwaW5nIAptZSBh IGxpbmUsIHdlbGwgaSB3YW50IHlvdSB0byBrbm93IHRoYXQgaQEwAQEBAWxq
OC5qcGcDaW1hZ2UvanBlZwMDMTYw
X-YMailISG: mwLH5YcWLDtDBttfcVoDzLhVY3X7W2bWhJw38_Plmb6zQ6b_ iKAF_M.1cHZzx9M18.ZXz5fNti2PN8vXv1JtilBKeqkGlyGlnZGgmd_KOwB2 znQlJZrbSIEMgQDS4Z.bV6oRKBvge8m7Vx1vUH3igx9z_NLEy3_EcSr96Rd8 m5d9FYS94LM6rHqscT_XlcqjUBOfDfLRKEoVkBEwcPsK7EP7ufczaE.orT5N azxT_5rZueRTjFFaLfB74Gwmx1p6sK700jk0KsEvUpdvlUovj5mMdsXFxEVo _SLUDi6HwZGAG.xEihuOOgkd1X4PFEUeb2bQPLOgQTdBeleSfW1dO4FoyNVJ 4pYyY7.ppbV.oSKPN5RC_n5NJyE9z7bi4uxzF_jliGnfyvxjpIFu1kEBjONu akfhnItJrsyEmGtqfXjMvBDhO.BbZ9Fxh0hYMIuMawNfTw.iCvsr79ksDAHz S0xwXZy6omfUy0Ms1TH0eKRFKbyxbvAc1Z98fa3rcrxqNliSUR0g0aK5a0Bp U9a7wxyKaftE3u7yihiOMfYHfkteVPKDUjmTAr.xP0nLkFNp131Qk5HZHU4k fopuE_tMANgsoy929nM05dip10_2avdtBqSzkP68VAH_A38Jp0oOPuo7LozR gH8hnmRw_u_665lMqyXYwMWrFFSPMViEDx2K4OeaLPnVEbm3P.qsERBTDKGe M1O.EXNP01DyW1JXfU16xcvwBJ.a6RugfBBfT7gMXizpxOM5QW_3WVhQ8NGm VVlKXv3Ei7uucgfcAH3SENd_MWI4txR4UIcXRTCmHhUOqHFzjpP3xZble_HW tZJmlUn2WQc8jpOS2ezBzKxLGBIVUC7GKgOfItjl47.ttimA3_S1cwJWjutB h4vr36GD0yvdW54Kl6at6zRYWLNEDHxEec26CW9Ym9s1w3ABX4rJhXW11JQM a7HLdX3QYa.LmmGzS8klVQIHXlz4YerzOm17ZUjdINrgnAeXyV.nBTdeANyk jarCGQS_RtEOcIymj3xPlG0YDEfLTLcTZu1UVZvcj5rE4972w1my4ia.bbBl YOZTEk44wzwMnu.LZizQg7YYXa8QTwg5neDcubEFmIx0JWJ2vTx_jFMbRgQW 1bS.hTIebLEudF10RX3zGnXAye48Be1D9CK1gpQ8.j6p.X10ay21C59TXSQq kPyHaB43E7Y-
X-Originating-IP: [98.138.229.166]
Authentication-Results: mta1327.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=yahoo.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO nm39-vm6.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com) (98.138.229.166) by mta1327.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:14:31 -0700
Received: from [98.138.90.50] by nm39.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 31 Oct 2011 06:14:30 -0000
Received: from [98.138.89.166] by tm3.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 31 Oct 2011 06:14:29 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1022.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 31 Oct 2011 06:14:29 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: 894039.96118.bm@omp1022.mail.ne1.yahoo.com
Received: (qmail 58320 invoked by uid 60001); 31 Oct 2011 06:14:29 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1320041669; bh=YA9L8BZvxOdJh5qGxcML/DhRFinunKsrUE21W1FIjDE=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=3xgZidcD3vR10mzpYzU+Qx/RbX2+/u4r5IPeKbJEdelF9NVEShw2LEjlJJzuBNELjlQAb0WCO7XqjxwDrjsRuk4Oj8MK3PZ7fn9dYAV9i2AsOeZBXN/tbktXqIIzmYjqs18VcSWFg5K+j0RgEy0qf4l1Mis1ujSBDA2Vo5YfSKk=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=4ut0rVCzajTgaDsAjyQViLlZiL1TGfRS6t1c2/nlscalZfPnAELwkYri6BbgZjZARcKv38FvW/idtJvhc7PMerbyvhw/BU3J8iaGP9bT0Z+LbiZl9qBAnKRV2kTNGpxPSjx0W6dByF+ilvB6yqQGlpSxvOpU78DDCy3D4XjaLO8=;
X-YMail-OSG: EVvNPcQVM1mfiGBLZbr.gkKxILGNC281m.UQgbXRpDgk4LI gY.fqYo1u9.Moy_FF0E_BE1SiZ8AKDuARMDEtj0giITf810_vWAYDv0WcDET hs4FXFEOLRettF.SjmDs9HGET.rJT7F.7Rt7fugAXGRHWZgOrJCcnqk3NavU Xw8tXafVvIH2LdqkUYsfhc.pLD1RojvIK6eioleUTLql4bSEEUB6L_cu04uT 8L8xf08LYghiHeB0yyZskjG4I5ykTR5DtVqKgO9D.iAqopgTjkDCVa61e94Z molvXO9xFgs2cFVOzAuoxkny0S43g2osYRsVihfSI_.nCMr3sraRKvtoiYJx xD.gbFSIKZpuHTGuMHy35RwoIE.Us__SalX1eIuXVjMMICZ745LPMbZMpi27 O0ijLzg1dDJpS2WFBghhsr9jbz_vIjkbJ3gIydhk5higFzcf2VNfLJKjQrLb EfXOPKmoW7Bwe
Received: from [41.58.67.8] by web125110.mail.ne1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:14:29 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.114.317681
References: <1319988147.23313.YahooMailClassic@web161801.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
Message-ID: <1320041669.56864.YahooMailNeo@web125110.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:14:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified Rose Benisse <rose.benisse@yahoo.com> Add sender to Contacts
Reply-To: Rose Benisse <rose.benisse@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re:
To:
In-Reply-To: <1319988147.23313.YahooMailClassic@web161801.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="336036395-397574819-1320041669=:56864"
Content-Length: 168960

Hello ,
How are you doing? Thanks for the message.I want you to know that i am very delighted to hear from you.that's why i thought i should send you an email with my pictures and also thanks for dropping me a line, well i want you to know that i really want to get to know you better.I am Rose Benisse, 27 from morgantown Wv,my dad is from Dubai while mum is from usa,i was born and brought up in morgantown,I want you to also know that i am a widow,i have been married once where i lost my husband to cancer some years ago and i haven't dated anyone since then.I just decided to move on with my life then look for that missing half of me,i have a son and his name is Jamal ,he lives with me. and i want you to know that i am not on here to hurt anyone and i don't want to be burned too.I just want to settle down and meet that special man to spend the rest of my life with.You sound like a very cool and nice man and will want to know more about you.I will want to know what you seek in life.I'm a quiet, kind, loyal. A great meaning for me is a human's soul. Circle of my interests is various. I like literature, music, and cinema. personality traits are; calm, honest, kind, loyal, flexible, elegant, sociable, sensitive, gentle, cheerful, optimistic, romantic ,am very understanding,open minded with a heart of forgiving, loving and caring with sense of humor, hard working with cheerful character,honest,sincere,kind, warm and intelligent with good look.
Let me stop here for now till i hear back from you again
Will be waiting for your email.
Have a nice time
Rose

Attachments:
lj8.jpg
lj8.jpg [ 117.46 KiB | Viewed 30762 times ]

Post subject: Thanks to you all I avoided this scam
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:07 pm 

I just gave my first donation and will continue each month, I wish I could have done more. There is no amount of money I could provide to give back to what I have gotten from this site Thank you so much