ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i feel so dumb! almost scammed.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:09 am 

So I have been talking to someone named Kiley Talbot about moving in. She said she was born in California and her dad was american and her mom was english. when her dad died a few years ago she and her mom moved back to england. she doesnt like it though and so it moving back to the states. her grammer is very bad for someone who was raised in the US.

anyway so i was talking to her for awhile and i finally decided she'd be okay to take the room. So she sent me a check for 2500 and then as soon as i told her i had it told me her "client accidentally sent too much money" and wanted me to send 1800 back for her flight. I has been asking her in almost every email when she was coming and she didnt say and then all of a sudden she needed the money to come on wednesday. so me, being young and naive, was like oh okay. but i couldnt figure out how to use the western union machine and called my mom for help. My mom didnt know and over the course of our phone conversation realized that the check hadn't cleared yet so I shouldn't send back any money. So is started to get a little freaked out because I never thought I was getting scammed. Granted I never did send her any money, thankfully.

I told her I would not send any money until the check cleared and that she could not have the room because i was uneasy about the situation. she proceeded with her "oh you can trust me!" and i said no, i will not send you money. the next day the check appeared to have cleared, which totally threw me off my rocker because after piecing everything together, i knew it was a scam. so i went to the bank and they said i needed to wait at least 7 business days. My mom called later to tell me her friends read an article about how checks can appear to have cleared but will bounce back a few days later.

This morning I had an email from Kylie saying she was going to contact the FBI because she felt she may be the one being scammed here. I told her the FBI wouldn't do anything and that she couldn't scare me, and she was not going to win. She replyed again saying okay, I understand it is hard to trust people on here so I will give you a few days.

Over the course of two days shes gone from you can trust me to send me my money now to i will contact the FBI to oh its okay, ill wait.

I just feel so dumb because its so obvious to me now its a scam. ive had such bad luck with roommates and i was so happy just to have someone i though i could count on! i should of seen it coming when she wouldn't give me an address to send the application to because "Please, just let me look it over and sign it when i get to the states."

Thats my story.

Post subject: Re: i feel so dumb! almost scammed.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:40 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I am glad to hear that you found out in time and did not send the money. If you would like to post on this site where you came in contact with her, the email address she was using and other information that would be great . . . sometimes other people will google that information and then they will find this site and be saved from these scam.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:17 am 

ktalbot79@googlemail.com

and the name KYLIE TALBOT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:58 pm 

I think her new email is ktalbot80@yahoo.com
The name is KYLIE TALBOT also

Here is what she sent me:
Hello ****,Thanks for responding to my mail.. I would have loved to come see the room myself but I am not in the state right now.I am very sure you will never regret having me as your roommate.I want to make sure that we go perfectly well as roommates...I will like to know more about you.I'm okay with the total move in cost..I have to tell you more about myself.I am a very dedicated individual who is totally committed to human development, very trustworthy and value relationship above anything..I live by the principle of,"do unto others what you want others to do to you".And because i love it when people are good to me,i always do all in my power to be good,just to get a reciprocate(smiles).I am quite a laid back person,i am the interesting type.I didn't drink neither do i smoke and i love pets but i don't have any that's why i indicated no pet.I am the neat type.I love visiting new places. I love to swim, read and listen to nice music,I love meeting people I occasionally attend parties ,I love community work, love to be around children too,I am the clean type and I am very friendly.I am 28 years old.My dad is an American while my mom is from the England...I live in the United State,CA ever since I was born because my mum also live with my dad in the United State but I lost my dad some years back and my mum came back to England to stay. I am currently with her now in England.I have been here for a while with her but I am not really comfortable here.I am not used to their ways of life here. That's why am really coming back to the state asap.I have my own business,I sell textile and fabrics material,In fact that is our family business,that is what my mom is into as well and I promise to pay my rent and any other bills on time.I am very neat and cleaning of the environment won't be a problem for me.I really want to have a comfortable place upon my arrival. Please can you attach pics of yourself and the place in your next email Have a nice day and hope to hear from you soon.I have tried to attach a picture to this message so as to put a face behind my email.Thanks and god bless, Kylie

And in this one after my reply she used a different name at the end, I think by accident:

Wow...****,I can't wait to be there with you real soon.Please i don't want to search anymore.****, i promise you won't regret having me in your house,Cos I don't like going out at night,partie .I am very hard working pretty easy going and I like to just relax after a long day or on the weekends,I like to just chill sometimes. I also love to swim, read and listen to nice music,I am out quite a bit during the day but i love to be at home most nights.I am the clean type and I am very friendly and pretty mellow, however,i do like to laugh and have a good time.I do like to spend time in the living room watching movies or tv,just hanging out,I love cooking as well..****, i think i will settle for it since i can not come down all the way from England right now.I know that we are going to be a great roommate together.I really love the way you sounded and I am sure you will never regret accepting me into your accommodation. As for the payment i am okay with the total move in cost and i will ask my Client to issue payments in Us dollars to you so that you can hold the room down for me until my arrival.I really want to move in soonest...........Pls I will need the following full data from you so that payment can get to you soonest Name, contact address and the telephone number...(Cell,Office,Home,).I will also like to know the nearest airport to our house.I will also like to know if you will be available to come pick me up at the airport and show me around or I should make alternative arrangement. I am looking forward to hearing from you again.Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it. Please keep in touch.Thanks and god bless,Kara

So shes still out there, beware.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:02 pm 

I have the same story - just thought I should post their e-mail in the hopes that someone else doesn't go through this...

justina.richard@yahoo.com
natdawson231@yahoo.com
donnahiggins10@aol.com
"Judy Collins" <judycollins_22@yahoo.com>

These were all in response to a Craigslist Ad... what a bummer - they all used the phrase "Hope to read from you soon."

Good luck in renting your room when everyone wants to scam you!
Jennifer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:48 am 

I just got this note from a prospective renter from roommates.com. I ALWAYS google people's names and happened to come up with your letters about Kylie Talbot. Thanks for posting what a scammer she is!!
Hey, I'm Kylie by name,a young professional 28 years old woman,I will like to respond to your advert at roommates.com,I'm a very clean and honest person,I don't smoke or do drug,Very open minded.I'm interested in renting the space you have for rent and i can be best reach on my email. This is because i check that more often and i haven't upgraded my roommates account. Feel free to contact me on my yahoo email; ktalbot80@yahoo.com. I will be waiting to read from you soon.
Kylie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:04 pm 

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: Kylie Talbot <ktalbot80@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, October 20, 2009 12:55:02 PM
Subject: Re: Daniel,More about me

Thanks. You need to update your scam honey. I hope your parents crash was horrific.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, October 20, 2009 10:06:00 AM
Subject: Daniel,More about me

Hello Daniel ,Thanks for getting back to me about the room so fast.I just get online now and i saw your reply about the room.Daniel ,I would have loved to come see the room myself but I am not in the state right now.Please the accommodation is really a great priority to me right now and i sincerely look forward to everything been finalized.Well.. a little about myself...I am the only child of my late parent...I lost them last three years by an auto crash accident...and i move down to my uncle here in England.....My uncle is the only close family i have got for now.So I would have love to come see the room but i can't make it down to the state right now..But i am very sure you won't regret having me as you roommate..Cos I am a very dedicated individual who is totally committed to human development, very trustworthy and value relationship above anything..I live by the principle of,"do unto others what you want others to do to you".And because i love it when people are good to me,i always do all in my power to be good,just to get a reciprocate(smiles).I am quite a laid back person,i am the interesting type.I didn't drink neither do i smoke and i love pets but i don't have any that's why i indicated no pet.I am the neat type.I love visiting new places. I love to swim, read and listen to nice music,I love meeting people I occasionally attend parties ,I love community work, love to be around children too,I am the clean type and I am very friendly.My dad is an American while my mom is from the England...I live in the United State,CA ever since I was born.but I when lost them i move down to my uncle in England to stay there since then I am currently with him now in England.I have been here for a while with him but I am not really comfortable here.I am not use to there ways of life here and I am really coming back to the state asap.I have my own business,I sell textile and fabrics material,In fact that is our family business,that is what parent is into as well and I promise to pay my rent and any other bills in time.I am very neat and cleaning of the environment won't be a problem for me.I really want to have a comfortable place upon my arrival. Have a nice day and hope to hear from you soon.I have tried to attach a picture to this message so as to put a face behind my email.Thanks and god bless.Kylie