ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another Craisglist Scammer: Florence Giles
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:52 am 

I posted my room for sublet on Craigslist, and received this email from Florence Giles:

-------
Hello,
How are you doing ?i just want to inform you that the check will soon arrive at your doorstep ... But there is a little mistake with the check ..Which i belive we can resolve ....I asked my dad to issue out a check for the rent but he got me wrong,he sent you the sum of $3,800 ..And i wont want this to cause a delay,so i belive the transaction is still on .. So all i want you to do is ............
1. Once you recieve the check..you will take it to your bank and get it cashed
2. DEDUCT YOUR RENT DEPOSIT FEE
3. You will then send the remaing money to the shipper via Money Gram .cause they are helping me to ship some new merchandise i ordered from them to the room
4. The money will be send to the shipper via Money Gram money transfer
5. And you will also deduct Money Gram charges from the money and will send the rest to the shipper...
6.You will be the one to sign for the merchandize been ship to the room...
So please mail me back to let me know you understand me ...
Regards,
-------

It's your basic Cashier's Check scam. For more info on Cashier's Check scams, see here: http://banking.about.com/od/securityand ... heckfd.htm

Post subject: Re: Another Craisglist Scammer: Florence Giles
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:27 pm 

FLORENCE GILES- I posted a room for rent on Craig List, and a "Florence Giles", had contacted me to rent the room. Said she graduated from college in the Metherlands and was coming here for a year of college. Wanted to rent my room, and said her dad would be sending me the $. So actualy- they sent a cashiers check and overpaid, wanted me to take out the 1st months rent, and deposit and refund the rest back to them, as her dad had overpaid by mistake- YEAH RIGHT!

DON"T DO IT!!!! I googled the name, and someone else had posted the same scam from the same person.-----
AS FOLLOWS----

*****PAYMENT WITH TRUST AND UNDERSTANDING!!Friday, October 17, 2008 5:23 AM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified "florence giles" <flrncgiles@gmail.com>

Hello There,
How are you doing ?i just want to inform you that the check will soon arrive at your doorstep ... But there is a little mistake with the check ..Which i believe we can resolve ....I asked my dad to issue out a check for the month rent but he got me wrong,he sent you the sum of $4,000 ..And i wont want this to cause a delay,so i believe the transaction is still on .. So all i want you to do is ............
1. Once you receive the check..you will take it to your bank and get it cashed
2. DEDUCT YOUR FIRST RENT DEPOSIT FEE
3. You will then send the remaining money to the shipper via Money Gram .cause they are helping me to ship some new merchandise i ordered from them to the room
4. The money will be send to the shipper via Money Gram money transfer
5. And you will also deduct Money Gram charges from the money and will send the rest to the shipper...
6.You will also be the one to sign for the merchandise been ship to the room...
So please mail me back to let me know you understand me ...
Regards,

Florence..

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!