ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: scammers...cashier's checks....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:42 pm 

i posted an add up on craigslist looking for accomadations and i got a response from a Frank Berry who is a jeweler and lives in switzerland, who is trying to find someone to take care of his house within the area that i wish to live given that i help him receive "money" from his "clients". i thought it sounded a little phishy, and so i had my step dad look at it and he knew right away it was a scam. i'm so mad at this pathetic piece of sh*t because i've been scammed before by people i knew, so i'm still a little sore you could say.

i wonder if i just play along, will this idiot actually send me a check in my name? and could i just cash it (not deposit it into any account) but actually CASH it at the bank and just take the money? so that way i could say "scam this fool" and spit on his stupid email? hahahaha

just curious,
zaza

Post subject: Re: scammers...cashier's checks....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:07 am 
Gold Member

zaza wrote:
i posted an add up on craigslist looking for accomadations and i got a response from a Frank Berry who is a jeweler and lives in switzerland, who is trying to find someone to take care of his house within the area that i wish to live given that i help him receive "money" from his "clients". i thought it sounded a little phishy, and so i had my step dad look at it and he knew right away it was a scam. i'm so mad at this pathetic piece of sh*t because i've been scammed before by people i knew, so i'm still a little sore you could say.

i wonder if i just play along, will this idiot actually send me a check in my name? and could i just cash it (not deposit it into any account) but actually CASH it at the bank and just take the money? so that way i could say "scam this fool" and spit on his stupid email? hahahaha

just curious,
zaza

How would you cash a check at a bank if you have no account there for recourse? If you go to the bank that the countefeit is supposedly drawn off of, you will be required to provide them with an ID.

Either you lose, their is no "safe way" to cash a counterfeit, you will find yourself in jail.

You do realize that the you are not "scamming this fool" you would be stealing from the bank you cashed the check at. The scammer has NO financial interest in the check other than the cost of producing it.