ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Please add Names of Scamers
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:41 pm 

Beware of this scammer he/she goes by the name Jessica Farrel, Kimberly etc, and I believe he/ she has others working for him/her. I was about to fall for his/her nasty trick when i google the address and came to this website.
This person/s targets craigslist.com and other rental sites. I felt in my heart that it was a scam but now i have the evidence to prove that it is. This person must be really sick.. Mentally.

Reantal Application
ApplicantName: Jessica Farrell
Address 446 J.J Dessalines City... Port Au Prince Country ...Haiti HT 6112
DOB Aug 14th 1977
Passport # B21154342
Citizen British
Driver's license Need to Apply for a new D/L
Supervisor at work : Mark Beasely
Supervisor e-mail address... jewelworldd@aim.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:45 pm 

BEWARE OF THIS SCAMMER!!

Hello ,
How are you today and hope you kinda having a great day? I am Jessica, but my friend calls me SHY, I am a 30 year old and graduate of Lemirick and I will be moving down to States soon. I am respectful, responsible, and sociable. I am respectful of other's personal lifestyles,belongings, as well as their privacy.All I ask in return is for my future friend to reciprocate the very same actions that I give to them. I have a very culturally diversed personality,therefore I have the ability to connect to individuals from different walks of life.

I enjoy meeting interesting people and seeking new adventures. In my past times, I like to read, practice the Italian Language, watch some educational channels,such as Discovery, History, Travel, and Court TV etc.... I enjoy playing the piano and practicing the violin, going to movies. I am open minded in nature and like to apprehend and appreciate the cultural lifestyles of others. Ultimately,

I am always honest and will keep it real with you, but in doing so, I will be respectful and courteous of the other's feelings. I believe that I will make a great person as well as a good friend or loyal confidant. a very reasonable and quiet person to live with, i'm friendly, very trustworthy and value relationship above anything.Again I love travelling, sporting and enjoy meeting people and seldomly party. I am cool headed,pretty laid back and easy going person and would like to have a mate who is very responsible andunderstanding, someone i can really get along with.

However, I saw your advert and i am sincerely interested in the place advertised as i will like to move in as soon as we're able to reach an accord. Please i'll like to know if the total move in cost can be negotiate because i'll not be able to check out the place until my arrival, so that i can make arrangement for payment prior to my arrival since i'll be moving down from Haiti as soon as i'm able to secure a comfortable place.
Thanks as i anxiously await your response
Regards
Jessica

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello...how are you today, thanks so much for your mail,appreciate it so much..i really have no problem not to view out the place prior to my moving in..and i really need to secure a place before coming down in order to eradicate and hotel expenses....Well i think i should tell you more about myself, I'm a Computer, Networking and Communication Engineer. I am currently working on contract for my company, here and hope to end my current assignment soon and will love to come down soon to have a master program, and will equally update you about my move as soon as i i confirm my ticket.

However, based on your AD , I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost and it is ok by me. I would like to make the payment for the first month ahead of m y moving in, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter. you'll get the payment prior to my arriving date. i'll be needing your full name and mailing address so as to prepare the payment as my client will be sending money order or a check of pay being money due to me.
I will keep you posted of when you are likely to receive the payment because the payment will be sent out to you immediately if i get your full name, phone # and address today
Have a wonderful day!
Regards
Jess

NB Will be sending a copy of my passport as soon as i get back to the house

PROPERTIES

The list! of things i will be moving in are as follow;
my Honda accord car IV-Tech Model metalic green.
suite case containing my books
my 26' DELL PLASMA TV and DVD Home theatre

RENTAL APPLICATION
ApplicantName: Jessica Farrell
DOB Aug 14th 1977
Passport # B21154342
Citizen British

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:52 am 

This is the info I got from a person trying to scam me, hope it helps stop anyone from being scammed by them.

Renter: Jessica Farrell(jessica_farrell@live.com)
address 446 JJ Dessalines City...Prot.Au Prince County...Haiti HT 6112
Supervisor at work : Mark Beasely (jewelworldd@aim.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:35 am 

What are they trying to get? Are they actually sending a check for you to cash and send back to them.

I did give her my name and address and phone number at first. Then I realized something is not right here and found this site.

I also sent this email;

ScamVictimsUnited.com

your name is on here. Pleaee do not email me again.

Reply from him/her
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 00:52:41 -0700
Subject: RE: Really Interested

what the f%$@## hell you talking about.....................

Reply from Me
Subject: RE: Really Interested
To: jj.farrell@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 7:16 AM

I have reported this to the Nigerian Police.

Her last reply

Hi, how are you today and the weekend? just a note to say hi and to update you that the payment has been sent out to you today and will be be delivered to you on or before Friday Morning...

Thank for and do have a great new week.

Regards

Jessica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:07 am 

Same E-mail from Roommates.com, but using the following names:

Mariam Clark <pricelesslove55@hotmail.com> alledging graduation from Lemirick and moving from Haiti.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:33 am 

Jessica has changed her name to Mariam Clark. I am so glad that we found this site before we got involved. Just an FYI guys !!!!! Keep up the great work !!!!

Hello...how are you today, thanks so much for your mail,appreciate it so much..i really have no problem not to view out the place prior to my moving in..and i really need to secure a place before coming down in order to eradicate and hotel expenses....Well i think i should tell you more about myself, I'm a Computer, Networking and Communication Engineer. I am currently working on contract for my company, here and hope to end my current assignment soon and will love to come down soon to have a master program and to get a good job, and will equally update you about my move as soon as i i confirm my ticket.

However, based on your AD , I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost and it is ok by me. I would like to make the payment for the first month ahead of m y moving in, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter. you'll get the payment prior to my arriving date. i'll be needing your full name and mailing address so as to prepare the payment as my client will be sending money order or a check of pay being money due to me.
I will keep you posted of when you are likely to receive the payment because the payment will be sent out to you immediately if i get your full name, phone # and address today
Have a wonderful day!
Regards
Mariam

NB Will be sending a copy of my passport as soon as i get back to the house

PROPERTIES

The list! of things i will be moving in are as follow;
my Honda accord car IV-Tech Model metalic green.
suite case containing my books
my 26' DELL PLASMA TV and DVD Home theatre

RENTAL APPLICATION
ApplicantName: Mariam Clark
DOB Aug 14th 1977
Passport # B21154342
Citizen British

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:15 pm 

To everyone: I don't know if this is a new one, but this is what just happened to me.
I posted an ad on "Craigslist" looking for a new Room Mate. Couple of days later......

RENTAL APPLICATION
RENTAL APPLICATION
Applicant Name: Jessica Farrell
Present Address: 12 pelewura Crescent,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria 23401
Passport # B21154342
Citizen British
Applicant's employer: SABRE RESERVISTS IN
HUMANITARIAN ROLES IN UK
Address: SaBRE Floor 1, Zone D St Georges Court 2-12 Bloomsbury Way London WC1A 2SH

** Jessica Showed up under one of my applications.
She pretended to be very interested in renting a room in my Apartment. She said that she is a doctor and that she has to attend a Seminar around AIDS.
- Now I must admit at first she did fool me. Throwing things like being a doctor etc.
Well I was actually going to keep the Room open for her. A $1280/ month room. The only thing I asked of her was to tell me when she was going to arrive. I actually asked her once straight up that I need a specific date. When I have not heard anything back from her and since she was so unspecific. I decided not keep the room anymore.

She still kept sending all her Info through. Reassuring me she is coming and that the money is on its way. Then She asked me something very odd.
***She was going to send me a cheque with more money than what I needed fro rent. And She wanted me to send the left over money to her Travel Agent. I was like...uh ...ok
You must be very trusting... do like still live in the 20's
I am a very trusting person. To good Actually. My weakness. SO still I thought she was the real deal. But something did not make sense for some reason.
***Someone phoned me like after a week or so asking me if I knew a lady called Jessica who was going to send me money by cheque. They Pretended to be the people from the new job, just checking up. And the person did ask if the apartment was still available. I CLEARLY SAID NO! ( It was a guy's Voice just BTW, so I believe this is also the same person.)
Then one week later Still a Cheque showed up at my place. The amount was Big like in $4550.60. Check out the $0.60 trying to make it more believable. But just before I got the cheque and after I received a Phone Call. Jessica suddenly told me that her Fiance Passed away in a terrible car accident. Then I felt sorry for her(him).

So when I got the cheque I emailed her asking what I should do with the cheque, cause I can't cash this anymore since the room's been taken. She thanked me for my honesty and asked me to still help her and if I would be so kind to still pass on the money to her Travel Agent. She needed this to come to Canada. I was willing to still help her,cause I felt bad fro her. But yesterday I got suspicious. What kind of person would trust anyone without even knowing him/her with this much money.....

Exactly! SO I start asking her some more Q's. I knew that eventually she will give her self away. You see a liar always needs to remember what they lie about, Scam artist lie to so many people that they can;t keep up with all the stories, cause everyone has to be kinda different.

I asked her where she is now at his moment... she told me UK. But her present Address said Nigeria. And I remember her saying that once that she was coming from withing the same province, but about 2 hours away where I live. 3 Locations. She must be very special or have the cure for aids to be in all these places at once.

It was only this morning that it clicked, And I did a search on Google for her Name and Passport # and Address, which all lead to this site.

I must admit that she/he, HeShe, did really had me there for a while. There was obviously a lot of thought put into this. Even the cheque looks very real.
SO THIS IS FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE BEWARE DO NOT TRUST ANYONE WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

These people are trained. SERIOUSLY!!! They trick you by fooling you with guilt and other human emotions. And then they try to turn it around making you feel that you now should help them because without you they would be lost. WOW*
* How desperate someone must not be.

Anyhow I am not gonna give away my whole game plan, but I am actually gonna try to bring this person down. I know my chances are basically nothing. And I know they might even be very dangerous, but I would be very careful and ask help from the local police. I am also very inspired to start my own blog now. Since I hear on a daily basis how many people gets fooled by theses low lives.
May they find God some day and my their eyes and hearts go open to welcome in the real world. And may they see that life is not all about money. An d by destroying other peoples lives you actually destroy your self in the process.

PEACE OUT EVERYONE!
GODSPEED.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:45 pm 

Hello I am writing from Vancouver Island, about Jessica Ferrall , The scamer who attacks people on Craigs list who are looking for a roomate. I want to take her down!!

So she will send you an email saying shes interested, that she doesnt care about not veiwing the home, a little about her self and her interests and also her profession she said she was a doctor who was going to talk about AIDS at seminars.

She is addament about securing a room , and asks for your address and name, so she can make a check out in your name, for a deposit on the room and a first months rent. (if any one would like to see the emails, I can paste some, I have them all saved) so the check arrives at your door step.

Then you get an email from Jessica Ferrall saying her fiance was in a car accident ( in this case hes still alive!!!LOL Ive read some other blogs saying he was dead), however he was involved with her boss in the crash and the boss was making the check out . She says he made a MISTAKE and in the check he added her Flight fare, and extra money for shipping fees. So she wants you (ME), to cash the check, send her the remaining for her tickect. Because when I opened the check it was for$$ 4,225.32. I was like what ??? I thought i was getting only ;like a grand.

So by doing this SHE or WHOEVER he/she is walks with money they have Stolen from a third party... in this case it is Richvale York Block INC...in ontario (this is a company who supplys materials like masonary products =bricks, to build the exterior of commercial buildings like ..Home depot , and Star bucks.
You get the rent money however Im sure later you will get left with paying all the money back to this company.

I want TO BRING HER down , I AM contacting this plavce where my check is from and the Royal bank in which theyve used, so maybe we can get in with the athorities, actually cash the check, and have someone on the other end where they will pick the money up like at a western union and then they are Caught!!........

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:14 am 

Here's one to add to the list that I received today. So bad it's funny.

-----Original Message-----
From: thelma thomas [mailto:thelma_looking4luv@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 8:02 AM
Hello over there my name is Dr Thelma Thomas, as i was brouwsing through the internet searching for a place to rent during my research i saw your apartment advert and am interested in renting it.I will be signing a one year lease for it and want to know the modalities for renting it.I will be doing a one year research on pharmacy work while in the states and will be staying with my daughter clara I will be very GLAD if i can hear from you in time as i will want to conclude the rental process before we arrive in the State by jan 30th .

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU ASAP....

THANK'S FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED SUPPORT,
DR T .THOMAS.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:05 am 

jj

Last edited by joered on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:22 am 

jjj

Last edited by joered on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Try this and help put an end to scammers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:29 pm 

This is a copy of a letter I sent to Western Union. It suggests a way to help people worldwide to avoid being a victim of scams. I have now collected a dozen or so checks from scammers looking to buy my products, services, rent my room and others that have claimed I have won the UK lottery and so on. I LOVE messin' with these scammers who have answered my ads on Craigslist, Ebay and other sites. I always contact the companies who the check was drawn on via email and let them know their bank accts. have been used in these scams. it gives me a great feeling when I receive an overnight UPS/USPS letter containing an overpayment check made out to the order of one of my many alias and borrowed from "Bart Simpson's" phone calls to Moe's Tavern. I have received checks for Mr. I.P. Freely, Miss Amanda Hugginkis, Mr. Jack Mehoff, Miss Ivanna Tinkle and others. This costs them money and I love that. I have also tried to turn some of them against each other by saying that their collegue said to send the balance to them and say I did. I love it when they write back and say "Who was it" and I give a fake name of another scammer. I feel that hopefully these scumbags will get the point that Americans and others around the world will not be victims anymore by these scams. In the meantime, I love getting UPS every day. I can't believe they have'nt fiqured out it's the same address they keep sending checks to. LOL

HERE IS THE LETTER TO WESTERN UNION:
In the 40s when you got a Western Union telegram your company usually were bringing bad news, a death from the military service. It was a Govt. contract and made money off of that. Now in the new millennium you bring more bad news. Internet fraud. Thousands of Americans have lost millions of dollars to con artists who claim they want to buy a product listed online, rent a room to a foreign student, won a lottery, found a lost animal and countless other scams. Yet, you do nothing about tightening your security when it comes to people receiving funds. You could add a space from the sender for them to fill out saying for "lottery, Internet, sale, Internet loan, lost pet, etc." which would require absolute information about the receiving party AND A THUMBPRINT. I will be forwarding a copy of this suggestion to every newspaper, TV news and Internet news who may pressure you to start thinking about the people in the world scammed through your service. BTW, my landlord the most trusting soul in the world lost her life savings of $25,000 to a scam artist using your system. Anthony Bowden is his name.

PLEASE READERS! Send a copy of this to your local/national news agencies. Perhaps they will put the heat on Western Union and get them to change their policies or get the word out to stop using their company. Perhaps if they start losing money they will change or go out of business eventually or someone new will start-up a wire service that protects senders.

Mark Chenarides

Post subject: Beck Combs
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:36 pm 

Re: Send today plsTuesday, January 27, 2009 11:27 AM
From: View contact details To: "Becky Combs" <becky_combs800@yahoo.com>
Bcc: alert@fdic.gov, spoof@westernunion.com, abuse@yahoo.com, spoof@yahoo.com

Becky or whatever your name is, You either stupid or just too greedy. I knew your scam the moment you wrote a$$hole. I even emailed the bank in Kansas. The FBI is looking for you "Jessica" They are working with WU and Interpol to catch your a$$. I can't wait till they put you in prison.reb_combs@hotmail.com

--- On Tue, 1/27/09, Becky Combs <becky_combs800@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Send today pls
To: ...............................
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 10:32 AM

Name...Becky Combs Address...
101 Queens Hotel,
Deira,Dubai
Zip code..971
Country..United Arab Emirate.
Ph..+971509559213
Kindly get it sent today Becky

ANOTHER NAME SHE HAS PEOPLE WIRE MONEY TO IS:
Reciever: Hammed Adisa
Address : Deira,Dubai
Zip code: 971

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:59 pm 

I am so glad i googled this address!!! i posted an ad in several sites, including roomates.com and craigslist and was almost immediately contacted by a woman claiming that she had been contracted with a modeling organization and needed a room. She gave me the name Tonia Kirk-Johnson at 446 J.J. Dessalines City. she listed it as a London address, I noticed others have been haiti. Maybe they realized people were wising up? I did e-mail her my home address before I checked, so she could see it on Zillow.com... she can't really do anything with that can she? I feel very foolish- needless to say, but she seemed over eager, ad gave me WAY to much info for someone who doesn't even know me. This website saved me from being scammed- thank you all who took the time to post your experiences, i am very grateful.

Angela

here are her e-mails by the by

Hi,
I want to let you know that i am keenly interested in the room you just pasted as available.I just want to know may be the room is still
available.Let me introduce myself to you briefly,My names are TONIA KIRK-JOHNSON,I am a 25 yrs old of lady.
I like very open person because i am very open to any one that i stay with..I am very tolerance with other people.I had my B.sc in anatomy,And a
t present I want to pursue my master degree in university of my choice there in the united state as a part time students and also be working also.I have been working part-time for modelling company and other company that need my help.I helped modelling company with their models.I also just got a part time contract with an organisation there in united state.The company is an up-coming fashin designer company that needs person that will help them train

their models.I am at present out of state,And i plan to get to the state
very urgent to claim this opportunity.My believe that your place would be he best for me.so that the job can be alot bit easier for me and also with my Master Degree Programme.I know that you will enjoy mystay with you.
WHY I MAILED IS THAT I JUST WANT TO KNOW MAY BE THE PLACE IS STILL AVAILABLE.

MORE ABOUT ME:
Smoking: No,
Drinking: Socially
Marital Status: Single
Children: I have no kids
Languages I speak: English & Spanish
Ethnicity: Spanish
Religion:Catholic/Christianity
Annual Income: Over $30,000USD.......
The list of things i will be moving in are as follow;
My Honda accord car IV-Tech Model metallic green..
My suite case contain my documents.
Mail me back with the other information necessary about the place,You can mail me back with the

picture of the place once more to me And may
be your own picture too. I will be expecting your reply.
Yours,
TONIA KIRK-JOHNSON

Hello again,
Thank you for getting back to me .I will like to the opportunity of your place.Your terms and conditions are acceptable by me..
I Want you to keep all the documents that are meant for me sign till i get to the state..because i would be able to pay you in advance..I mean that the payment would be delievered to you prior my arrival to the united state..
RENTAL APPLICATION/LEASE APPLICATION
Applicant Name: Tonia kirk-johnson
Present Address: 446 J.J Dessalines, City.....
LONDON. UNITED KINGDOM.
Social Security..I would have to love to give you but you know how serious
it is,i can assure that i am a girl without any criminal records......
Driver's license.. Need to Apply for a new Driver License
Supervisor at JFK : herd vendig
Supervisor e-mail address. h.vendig03@hotmail.com
Current Landlord.. Mr raji
E-mail address.. ganiu_raji@yahoo.com
In case of Emergency, please contact Aaron ( relationship, Brother ) on +447024039194
As i told you that i am an Anatomist.I got a contract with an organisation over there in the state as i have told you in my first email.And i did told you also that i want to do my master degree also there in the state .So the organisation are taking the responsibility of all things.And we reached the conclusion that they have to pay me in advance in which they have agreed to do that for me, I also told them that they have to pay my plane ticket back to the state in which they agreed .so all these in is our agreement .But they said that all this can be done inform of sending a cashier check to me because the person that is in charge of the funds is right now in mexico,but i let them know that i am not in the united state and i can not cashed the payment here, Because the the check can only be cashed in the united state bank.I stressed it to them that i do not have any funds on me to get to the state.And i told them about the place i am planning to rent .They suggested that you can recieve the payment on behalf of me in which i have thought over it as a good idea.So i told them that they should help me pay you for my place rent fee with my funds to the state.so that i can be assure that i have secure a place for myself because i want to concentrate on other things also..They assure me that they are going to send you a CASHIER CHECK..That is all they assured me they can do for me..All that you will do is to cash the CASHIER CHECK /MONEY ORDER and make it as your payment, And deduct the fee for the rent for the first month and all the charges and help me send the rest to my travelling agent ,so when i get to the state i will balane you up with the remaining month rent ..So when you get the check you will help me send some money to my travelling agent.In which i will be giving you the further data later when you must have gotten the check..So all i want you to do for me now is to give me the
NAME AND THE ADDRESS THAT THE CHECK SHOULD BE SEND TO.
GIve me in this format.
NAME......
ADDRESS..
ZIP CODE..
PHONE NUMBER.
Mail me back with the name and the address that the payment should be sent to.
I will love to meet you soonest .
Yours,
TONIA KIRK-JOHNSON

NOTE; When i asked her a few more questions about here dates, her employer etc etc, she got a little snippy- big tip off

It read;
I will like to to get to the state by 6th of this month. i already told you with what i will be coming with.....I told you that you should all the necessary document till i get to the state get back to me with the information so that the payment can be able to mail out to you instantly

My response:

Thank you. Now that i know you are a scam artist, please do not contact me again, and all this info will be forwarded to scamvictims fraud team. Do not attempt to contact me again, karma will catch up to those who take advantage of honest people

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:13 pm 

Um- hi, angela again. Not 10 minutes later i got ANOTHER ONE!!!

Hi,

How are you doing? Guess fine I presume. Am writing you in regards to your advert on Craigslist.com and I'm interested in your room apartment, Am from London,United Kingdom and I will be having some seminars coming up soon in US. Right now am working for a Non Government Organization on a program on children with orphans and heart related probs.

My next program/seminars will be in US and I will need a room to stay for these seminars, so I want to secure a room before my arrival to the states. I can't wait to arrive to US cause I've heard a lot about US.Moreso I will be staying for the period of 12-13 months, Pls do get back to me with the room description, move in rent fees for the first month, Utilities and deposit if included. And if any picture of the room is available, kindly attach it with your reply please.

Hope to read from you. Have a wonderful and productive day.

Kindest Regards.

Susan

My very adult and mature response.

Shove it you bitch. You are a scam artist, and somebody already tried this one. Rot in hell you satan whore- your info is going to the police. You should dread your karma you bottom feeding scum-sucker.

Forgive me jesus, I was a pushed woman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next