ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Craiglist Scam - Jeni Jenifer Wolcott North Dakota
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:27 am 

She is now sending me messages about renting a room from me:
=========================================================

jeniwolcot09@aol.com

Hi

Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the place and yourself.

More about me again i am a nurse,26 years old..I am the neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. i like tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in france as there was where i had my university education and stays with my uncle there!!I speaks French and English, so you have the chance to learn french

I lived almost all my life way in paris before coming down to SD,I am presently in south dakota now (really i know that most renter will love to meet the person renting to before move in)i cant judge myself but i am a Godfearing and straight forward person that respect you and your privacy, I was in my final year when my mum died,i lost my dad before i was born,I grew up with my uncle after my mum died...she was a nurse before she died,so i knew much about nursing before she died,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs,and we were also in alabama when they had the attack of hurricane katrina

Ambition and Work:

I was looking to move over to your state, because i understand that i'll be doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live overthere..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am also making enquires on that now...

Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also do the dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also like sharing my thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends....
Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so you shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent

I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furnitures,please let me know if there will be room for them..

With all that i ve said above,I have told you more about me and a picture of mine will be attach in the next email,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in asap,but want to secured it now

Thanks..

PS.im working as a nurse in an hospital around my current house in South Dakota

===================================================================

Just to let you know!!!!
She's a scammer, I wonder what her next question will be, ie how she will want to recieve my money???

Beth

Post subject: Re: Craiglist Scam
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:50 am 

Well well well..... Boy am I grateful for the Internet!!! :lol:
I, too, was a potential victim for Angela Ribery.

Here is the 2nd and hopefully last email that I received from her/him:

---------------------------------------------------

am ok
Friday, December 26, 2008 2:34 AM
"anribery@aol.com" <anribery@aol.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx(deleted)

Hi

Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the place and yourself.

More about me again i am a nurse,26 years old..I am the neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. i like tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in france as there was where i had my university education and stays with my uncle there!!I speaks French and English, so you have the chance to learn french

I lived almost all my life way in paris before coming down to SD,I am presently in south dakota now (really i know that most renter will love to meet the person renting to before move in)i cant judge myself but i am a Godfearing and straight forward person that respect you and your privacy, I was in my final year when my mum died,i lost my dad before i was born,I grew up with my uncle after my mum died...she was a nurse before she died,so i knew much about nursing before she died,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs,and we were also in alabama when they had the attack of hurricane katrina

Ambition and Work:

I was looking to move over to your state, because i understand that i'll be doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live overthere..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am also making enquires on that now...

Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also do the dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also like sharing my thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends....
Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so you shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent

I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furnitures,please let me know if there will be room for them..

With all that i ve said above,I have told you more about me and a picture of mine will be attach in the next email,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in asap,but want to secured it now

Thanks..

vous souhaitant un beau Noël

---------------------------------------------------

Nice, huh....?!

I just wanted to post this & thank everyone who has posted this before me! Whew - thank you!!

-Serendipity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:08 am 

but i still don't get what they want?

I just got another email from "Lynda"but i'm not bothering answering anymore.

in the 2.5 months that she's been contacting me, she's never actually asked for anything... it just seems like a huuuuuge waste of time for these people! as if they literally don't have anything better to do than to write people with rooms for rent.

..S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:51 am 

She's currently trying to scam me as we speak. She got my "roommate wanted" ad off of Craigslist, in Medford, Oregon! We have emailed back and forth and then what triggered it was she said she was in Alabama during Katrina, helping out there....she's going under the name of Jeni Walcot, a 26 yo peds nurse. I have more info if you need it. I tried to trace the IP address but just got AOL in VA.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:11 pm 

but again, where u actually asked to send money or anything like that?
other than wasting your time , which in it's own is valuable, it doesn't seem like anyone's actually losing money or anything.

or am i wrong?

which again, just raises the question, what do these people really want?

//s

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:17 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

santiagothemusician wrote:
but i still don't get what they want?

They will play like they want to rent the room, and then make arrangements with you to send a check for the first few months rent and deposit. Once you have the check and you deposit it into your account they will suddenly have a problem come up and they will not be able to rent the room any more . . . . but since you already cashed the check and cannot send it back to them, they ask you to wire the money back to them. About a week later, the bank will call you and tell you that the check was counterfeit, and then YOU will be out the money.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:09 pm 

It seems like the name from one of the previous pages, Faith Walcott, is still on the loose trying to 'buy' things from people. Heck i almost lost all my merchandise to her/him! Good thing I rejected that darn money order, otherwise she/he wouldve made money off of me with a fake check and the sad part wouldve been my merchandise long gone. I noticed that they kept emailing me from different 'faith4sure' e-mail addresses, and the dialogue was very rushed and nervous. FISHY!!~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:03 pm 

Oh my gosh this person is relentless! I got the following email for an ad I posted on craigslist (i got it this morning):

Hello Leaser,
my name is sarah scoty, i am an pediatric nurse and a make up artist as part time,i was opportuned to see and i read through your posting concerning the advert you posted on craigslist.com, i am expressing my sheer interest in taking up the room, what are the modalities in taking up the place, please have the requirements sent in these form
*Total rent Required before moving in
* Utility Bills

I will be anxiously waiting for your email ,I want you to know that i really need the room now and i am the serious type paying rent ,when emailing me please tell me more about the place and more pics if you have...I am open to any type of lease..
Kind Regards

Sarah

"she" says her name is Sarah Scoty or Sera Scoty BEWARE....but this person is obviously an idiot because not just 3 days ago "she" write me a completely different email claiming to be Melanie Bunton....BEWARE OF THIS SCAMMER!!! I at first got pulled in by this succubus but then I decided to google the names and found so many different stories from other people that got it worse than I did....for future reference for anyone posting ANY ad's whatsoever, ALWAYS GOOGLE! It is your friend....hopefully this helps at least one person...also I hope this scammer gets taken down somehow but if not, karma is a B*TCH!! lol

GOOD LUCK!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:47 pm 

Who the heck talks like this? LOL!

"Hello Leaser,

my name is katherine Williams, i am an pediatric nurse and a make up artist as part time,i was opportuned to see and i read through your posting on craigslist.com concerning the advert you posted, i am expressing my sheer interest in taking up the room, what are the modalities in taking up the place, please have the requirements sent in these form

* Utility Bills

I will be anxiously waiting for your email ,I want you to know that i really need the room now and i am the serious type paying rent ,when emailing me please tell me more about the place and more pics if you have...I am open to any type of lease..

Kind Regards

Katherine"

BEWARE OF KATHERINE WILLIAMS (katewille11@aol.com)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:43 pm 

I just posted an ad on Craiglist in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Within three hours, I received the following message from our dear friend Jenifer Walcot. Anytime someone addresses me as "leaser" and mentions my "advert", it causes some suspicion. So, after a quick search on Google, I found that I'm certainly not the only one she's contacted. Hope this scam doesn't actually net anyone (although I'm sure it has already).

-------------
Hello Leaser,

my name is Jenifer walcot, i am an pediatric nurse and a make up artist as part time,i was opportune to see and i read through your posting concerning the advert you posted on craigslist.com, i am expressing my sheer interest in taking up the room, what are the modalities in taking up the place, please have the requirements sent in these form

* Utility Bills

Kind Regards

Jenifer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:33 pm 

holy shyt... thank god i googled this... & thanx 2 all of u... i recieved an email about my room & sent a reply just asking 4 a lil more personal info nothing else no details at all about the ad... this is what i got back...

Hi,

Thanks for the response to my introductory mail,I really do appreciate thebreakdown details of the room. I'll be so glad if you can reserve the room for me as i'll love to rent the place.I am a humanitarian officer involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs.I will be staying for a minimum of 11 -12
months. Am 26 years old fromAustralia ,I don't drink nor smoke but i'm cool living with people that do, no boyfriend because I am a very busy woman.I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and handworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5'7' straight. I always love to go on date but seldomly party. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis.

I like the job cos we are working in collaboration with the world health organisation,hospital,health centres,medical and other health related instutitions,it also involves travelling which is one of my hobbies, i will be thru with my programme here in australia by the end of this month and because its a study leave i will still be getting paid,so paying my rents on time won't be an issue of discussion.

I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost of the room and its quite reasonable and affordable . I will like to make the payment for the first month ahead of my arrival, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter as i plan to stay for more than 11months,'ve told my boss about this and he promised to make sure that he will meet up with the payment so that I can depart from here as scheduled.He also said I will have the advantage to make payment for deposit .I should arrive to Us on 27th of Feb. 2009, so pls keep room for me till my arrival.He also said my mode of payment will be the Most acceptable,easier,safer and reliable means of payment which is United State Certified money order or cashier check so pls let me know if this mode of payment is ok by you.And if YES pls provide me with the following information to get the payment to you.Your full name as it will appear on the payment,your address to ensure delivery in your hands through regular mails,kindly get back to me with this requested address contact information so that we can proceed asap bye for now..

do get back to me with your full information,
(1)your full name .
(2)your contact address .
(3)your phone # .
(4)your email address so that my boss can sent the payment to you ok.
Feel free to ask me any question(s) you have okay...
Hope to read from you soon.

Kindest Regards

Linda..

ver batem 2 what u all have said... thanx again... & i have a lil plan 4 this bastard... hahahahahahahahahaha... hack this scammer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:11 pm 

i got this today...............glad i googled it
Salut
Ambition and Work:

Sincerely
Jeni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:36 am 

She now uses the name ELIZABETH JASON and she is coming DOWN to the US from Haiti, last time I looked Haiti was below the US. She loves to play the Piano and the violin (how I am going to fit all her musical instruments in I don't know). She grauated from Limeric (thats an Irish Riddle right ?) I know Disney is hiring fictional characters maybe she can apply there.

Post subject: Re: Craiglist Scam - Here she is again.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:53 am 

I am so glad I googled her email address. katewille11@aol.com or "Katherine Williams" is apparently working overtime in trying to scam people looking to rent out their homes. :x

She has my name, cell and address. what can she do to me? I mean, how do I protect myself from her opening up a credit card and ruining my credit? or something else..

I am new to this so please any suggestions are appreciated.

Below in BOLD is her 2nd response.

Hi

More about me again i am a nurse,26 years old,a pediatric nurse..I am the neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. i like tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in france as there was where i had my university education and stays with my uncle there!!I speaks French and English, so you have the chance to learn french

Ambition and Work:

Thanks..

Katherine

A bientot j'espere

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 pm 

Quote:
how do I protect myself from her opening up a credit card and ruining my credit

If you are in the states notify the three credit reporting agencies and put a fraud alert on your credit report. You can add a statement on your report. I have on my credit reports, notify me at my address or call my phone number before extending credit.

It works, when I have applied for credit they will ask me questions only I would know followed up by a letter and/or phone call.

Good luck to you.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next