ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: definite scam!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:18 pm 

NO ONE FALL FOR THIS CRAP! If it sounds too good to be true, then IT IS!

So this is interesting, and horrible that I actually, for 5 seconds, bought this crap!

I advertised for a roomate on craigslist, and got an eager response from a european college student, looking for a place in the States so she could study medicine (ha!). She claimed to still be in Europe, so I told her to contact me when she reached the States, and we could make arrangements for her to see the room. This went back and forth for a few weeks, and she continued to tell me she was praying for me, and her new room! Instead of waiting, the insists we are a perfect match, and wants to send me money orders right away for her deposit. New to this craziness, I stupidly send "her" my address, and sure enough received 4 $950 money orders (in an unmarked envelope from Africa!), and all I had to do was Western Union the difference to her "shipper", so her things could be shipped to the states! HA!

At this point, I turned the money orders, as well as the email correspondence to the police, lauged my a$$ off, and told her I was taken into custody when I tried to cash the money orders, and the FBI is now investigating my house. It's horrible that my real info is in the hands of these people, but I was told by a Gov. official not to worry, and this person will move on.

It sounds to me like these are all the same people, and makes me SICK that a) I almost believed it, and b.) these people already have so much of our money!