ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CEECO JEWELS
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:05 am 

I cannot believe that I was so desperate to find affordable housing for our family that I did not even think 'scam' when I got this e-mail today as an answer to a posting I made on Craigslist for 'shared housing'.
I gave these S.O.B.'s my personal information, an hour ago, before checking out CEECO JEWELS on the net. (Stupid, stupid lady, I know!) I am going to make it a mission to find out who they are, what they are up to and make sure they are apprehended for their dirty deeds.
Susan Boyer
Cathedral City, California

Hi,

My name is Norris Butch.I am 48 years old and i am an european . i was just about registering on http://www.craigslist.com when i saw your advert.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,heres is a bit about me.I come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in
jewelry my company name is CEECO JEWELS. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewelry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in {Cathedral City } cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/myskow/ ,it is peaceful, wonderful house and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 18th october of the month and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business in Canada and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge .... .
I dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and its a wonderful piece with luxury. I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name and have it cashed and have the funds wired to me here thru money gram transfer . you dont have to pay me a dimme for the
accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business going on in the United state.and if you wanna keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive if at all you dont wanna live in the house or if you are far from the house..
The house is a great one with clean bathrooms,walk in closet, A gym ,All rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested let me know It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number so i can have my lawyer make the necessary background and security check ..I am in Ontario now and will be awaiting your swift response. thanks

Norris Butch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: I received the same email.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:27 pm 

I received the same email after I posted my room wanted message on http://www.craigslist.com. Because I said that I need a room close to Desale Street, the email I got said that the house is on Desales Street. And the pic they show are right the same as they showed to you. At first I just wonder if it is true or false. Now I definitely know it is a scam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:47 pm 

WOW, Thanks to your Postings, I've realized that I almost got SCAMMED too. I got the SAME E-mail that you got except his name was Jonathan, or John Mark. But he did mention his company, "Ceeco Jewels". I thought it was funny he wanted me to send him his checks, why couldn't he just have them "Forwarded". But the "BAIT" was too tempting for me so I did write him back. Now let's see if he calls me. Boy, am I gonna give him an ear-full !!! I wonder if there's anything we can do to STOP him ??? Where's the Internet Police when ya need them ??? Maybe I should call the Better Business Beaura ??? Anyone got any other suggestions ???

Post subject: Free rent scam
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:10 am 

I received the identical message from Norris Butch at Ceeco Jewelery...And I'm in Florida!

Post subject: MASTOOFY JEWELS
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:25 pm 

I JUST GOT THE SAME E-MAIL BUT WITH A DIFFRENT NAME. THE NAME IS KEVIN LUCHIANO THEY COULD HAVE COME UP WITH A BETTERONE

Post subject: Mastoof Jewels
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:34 am 

This guy emailed me as Jason Lewis.
Hello Judy,
My name is Jason Lewis.I am a 48 years old european businessman . i was just about registering on craigslists when i saw your ad.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,here's a bit about me.I come to the states mostly for business purposes cos i have got a family business all about jewelry, I have a small company of my own called MASTOOFY JEWELS { best in cartier} outside the family business. I generally supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewelries to stores in the states and ontario dealers known to my family and myself .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in the area cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q316 ... ures2view/ ,it is a peaceful, wonderful house and in a loving neighborhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 28th November and as the only son in my family im to take care of the family business in Canada and i realised that it will be a bit difficult to supply goods to my clients in the states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to transact cos after delivery of goods i accept cash and checks for huge amounts,so transaction problem is what i might be facing especially with dealers in the state and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i thought of doing is to look for someone to stay at my house free of charge .... .
Really i dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and its a wonderful piece with luxury. Im looking for an ideal person or family who are honest,trustworthy,responsible,capable and clean for two reasons 1. is to maintain the house when i m away 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the states on my behalf in his/their name and recent address and have it processed then send it out to me here thru money gram transfer or bank transfer until i can get them moved in my house and so they can make use of my address to the house for them to recieve the payment in their names. you dont have to pay me a dimme for the accommodation, but you will have to maintain the utility bills plus i will not be stayin with you for long when im intown. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business going on in the state while im away sort of house sitting but you must understand that this will not affect your own personal job at all and if you would like to keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive and i will make sure i see to all tasks incurred on you by my checks.
The house is a great with clean 3bathrooms,walk in closet, A gym ,All 4rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested let me know It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number so i can have my lawyer make the necessary background check on you right away and we can proceed bcos im looking for someone to be moved in as soon as i find a perfect fit ..I am in Ontario now and will be awaiting your swift response.
Thanks,
Jason Lewis.

Post subject: Jason Lewis of MASTOOFY JEWELS is at it again
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:49 am 

Oh, boy, I narrowly missed one too. It was the result of a craigslist posting I put out. I usually google fishy offers, and with this one, I actually responded.. so, when he mentioned that he was from Ontario and mentioned a company called MASTOOFY JEWELS, I googled that, and found this site. So, now that I know it is a scam to get my personal information, I'm going to play along for a little... with my last response. Let's see what he comes up with, LOL. :lol: :lol:

.... my response to the canned message with certain names replaced with something else.

Can you tell me the address of the place? I'd like to have a friend
take a look at it. My friend knows Royersford and the surrounding area
like the back of his hand.

dave

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 05:10:30 -0800 (PST)
Jason Lewis <lewis_jason002@yahoo.com> wrote:

... canned message....
> Hello Dave,
>
> Hello there,
>
> My name is Jason Lewis.I am a 49 years old european businessman . i was just about registering on craigslists when i saw your ad.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,here's a bit about me.I come to the states mostly for business purposes cos i have got a family business all about jewelry, I have a small company of my own called MASTOOFY JEWELS { best in cartier} outside the family business. I generally supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewelries to stores in the states and ontario dealers known to my family and myself .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in the area cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q316 ... ures2view/ ,it is a peaceful, wonderful house and in a loving neighborhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 27th December and as the only son in my family im to take care of the family business in Canada and
> i realised that it will be a bit difficult to supply goods to my clients in the states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to transact cos after delivery of goods i accept cash and checks for huge amounts,so transaction problem is what i might be facing especially with dealers in the state and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i thought of doing is to look for someone to stay at my house free of charge .... .
> Really i dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and its a wonderful piece with luxury. Im looking for an ideal person or family who are honest,trustworthy,responsible,capable and clean for two reasons 1. is to maintain the house when i m away 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the states on my behalf in his/their name and recent address and have it processed then send it out to me here thru money gram transfer or bank transfer until i can get them moved in my house and so they can make use of my address to the house for them to recieve the payment in their names. you dont have to pay me a dimme for the accommodation, but you will have to maintain the utility bills plus i will not be stayin with you for long when im intown. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business going on in the state while im away sort of house sitting but you must understand that this will not affect your own personal job at all and if you would like
> to keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive and i will make sure i see to all tasks incurred on you by my checks.
> The house is a great with clean 3bathrooms,walk in closet, A gym ,All 4rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested let me know It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number so i can have my lawyer make the necessary background check on you right away and we can proceed bcos im looking for someone to be moved in as soon as i find a perfect fit ..I am in Ontario now and will be awaiting your swift response.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason Lewis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:31 am 

Dave,

Be careful "play[ing] along" with these people. They are criminals and they have your real life information. You are best to just drop this person. Just as you would not mess with a pick pocket (I hope) it is best not to mess with these criminals either.

Your best bet is to turn them into the source and warn others. The internet seems anonymous enough to be safe. The criminal / scammer already has your real name and probably other information.

Just my recommendation.

Post subject: Same scam
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:41 am 

I recieved the same scam in atlanta, I know I should not have emailed the person back, but I always use a different public computer and I have since changed my name from the originial email address. I sent the scammer back a copy of the same scam for the different area that I had already recieved. Who do you report this too anyways?

Post subject: I also received this email
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:57 pm 

He used the Jason Lewis name for me as well. I was looking in Stanwood Washington and that appeared in the { }. However even though my instincts were telling me it wasn't on the up and up, I still emailed hima nd asked him questions....
1. Address I wanted to drive by
2. How long it was available for
3. Can we move his stuff out and ours in
4. If I was subjected to a background check he would be as well
5. Are my animals a problem?
6. Can he take the percentage he offered to me and use it to rent a hotel? I don't want some stranger staying with us in the house I have small children, even if he is the landlord!

Of course after I sent it I googled Mastoofy Jewels...Stupid name..I found this site of course by doing that..I am so tired of dealing with the scammers, craigslist is riddled with them. I'm going back to my ebay listings. I wonder if he will reply to me after the questions I asked...LOL

Post subject: registering on Craigslist and Gorky Jewels
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:47 pm 

someone contacted me as well about taking money at my address and having funds transfered
he saw my add on Craig's list as well

Post subject: Gorkey Jewels
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:57 pm 

I posted an ad on Craigslist looking to rent a room last night. I got an email from a guy who says his name is Jason Lewis from Canada. He wants my information and I havn't replied. I wanted to see if his business was for real so I googled Gorkey Jewels. This site came up and I read what happened to Yo Moma and decided to update this information about the scam. I looked in my junk mail folder and another email from the same person giving another lie saying this time he was from Africa. I didn't give this guy any information and I changed a few passwords of my emails. I hope this helps you catch him Yo Moma!
My name is PETER EDWARD. I am in my early age of 50s and I am an half european and half africa with dua citizenship . I come to the states often mostly for business purposes because I deal mostly with Furniture. I have furniture stores in the states and europe . Infact that is my family business because we are from france. I bought a house last year in the states because i love and it's peaceful .It is peaceful and with a loving neighbourhood.
same guy 1st email
My name is Jason Lewis.I am a 52 years old european businessman . i was just about registering on Craigslist when i saw your ad.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,here's a bit about me.I come to the states mostly for business purposes cos i have got a family business all about jewelry, I have a small company of my own called GORKY JEWELS { best in cartier} outside the family business. I generally supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewelries to stores in the states and ontario dealers known to my family and myself .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in the area cos i love it there,it is a peaceful, wonderful house and in a loving neighborhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 25th of April and as the only son in my family im to take care of the family business in Canada and i realised that it will be a bit difficult to supply goods to my clients in the states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to transact cos after delivery of goods i accept cash and checks for huge amounts,so transaction problem is what i might be facing especially with dealers in the state and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i thought of doing is to look for someone to stay at my house free of charge .... .Im looking for an ideal person or family who are honest,trustworthy,responsible,capable and clean for two reasons 1. is to maintain the house when i m away 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the states on my behalf in his/their name and recent address and have it processed then send it out to me here thru money gram transfer or bank transfer until i can get them moved in my house and so they can make use of my address to the house for them to recieve the payment in their names. you dont have to pay me a dimme for the accommodation, but you will have to maintain the utility bills plus i will not be stayin with you for long when im intown. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business going on in the state while im away sort of house sitting but you must understand that this will not affect your own personal job at all and if you would like to keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive and i will make sure i see to all tasks incurred on you by my checks.
Watch out people!

Post subject: Jason Lewis Gorky Jewels Scam
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:41 pm 

I've noticed this one of here a few times and i was actually just part of it too and had been talking to whoever "Jason Lewis" is for about a month now and was suppose to meet up with him next week and "move in" My question is...has anyone actually tried to move in? Is there actually a house? WHat exactly did they want us to do with these "money transfers" Can anyone help me ? Also if anyone finds out any further information like where this low life lives or if they caught him let me know. Thanks for the help everybody and thanks for the previous postings i'm glad I found this before making any moves.