ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not sure, but it sounds suspicious...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:34 pm 

I emailed someone I thought sounded like an ok person and got this response back. It's not asking for any payment help YET but it does seem like it's leading up to it. I also find it rather odd that the items she is supposedly bringing are listed. Anyway, I just wanted to get someone else's opinion. Does this look like the beginnings of a scam to anyone???

"Thanks so much for the mail. I really do appreciate the breakdown details of the room. I'll be so glad if you can reserve the room for me and remove the advert from roommates.com as i'll love to rent the place. And please tell me if i can ever consider the room as mine.

ABOUT ME
I'm british, a quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 25 years, 5"8' tall, straight,female and single. I dont drink and smoke but i'm cool living with people that do. I always love to go on date but seldomly party. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis. My families lives in the Uk and i have no friends in US..... I am an humanitarian currently working on with the World health organozation (W.H.O) and UNICEF here in Africa . I hope to end my current assignment by the 30th of Oct. and will love to come down to the states as soon as possible. Below is a copy of my pics... so you can have the figure of what i look like...

<<< no picture comes up btw >>>

However, based on your mail i will be making a payment of $450 to move in. I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost and its quite reasonable and affordable. I had like to make the payment for the first month ahead of my arrival, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter as i plan to stay for more than 12months. So i'll client to see you'll get the payment prior to my arriving date. The things i will be moving in are as follow; My suite case containing my books, my 26' DELL PLASMA TV and DVD Home theatre ,my clothes in three luggages,my desk top computer (COMPAQ) and pieces of furnitures. Hope to hear from you soon

Regards,
Eve Williams
More about yourself"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:54 pm 

That stinks to high heaven of a scam. What will happen next is that you receive a cheque for more than the amount of rent, with instructions to cash it, keep a bit for your trouble, and wire the rest to someone else (usually the shipping company that will be delivering "her" things) via untraceable Western Union.
Quote:
So i'll client to see you'll get the payment

Scammer had a bit of trouble with her format here. Its very common for a scammer to excuse the overpayment by saying the cheque is coming from a business client that owes them payment.

BTW, if "Eve" is a Brit, then I'm an english sheepdog. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:12 pm 

Sorry, forgot to mention that the cheque she pays with will be fake :oops:. Your bank will give you provisional access to the money before they discover that the cheque is forged, then will revoke the credit when the cheque bounces and come after you for the money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:15 pm 

Thanks for the quick response. Sheepdog *lol*

BTW, just in case anyone reading this ever gets an email from talk2dgurl007@yahoo.com, ignore it!