ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roommate Scam?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:32 pm 

I currently received this e:mail from roommates.com and I think it is a scam, what do you think?

Hello Dear,
My Name is Bummie Douglas from Wikipedia-Switzerland. I'm a qualified in Finance/Insurance/Real Estate (Director/Sr Mgr) with CCNA, CCNP, and MCSE. I got a job in one of the Real Estate companies in Uk since i had a professional certification in those fields. I hope to end my current assignment soon and will therefore have to leave my present place of work with Industry Spotlight on Finance, Insurance, Real Estate, Rental and Leasing (IS) branched in Uk. I've once worked for the Central & Eastern (CE) there in Wikipedia-Switzerland before i got promoted and sent to Uk. I plan to come over to the US to explore my talent and will love to have a more profitable job. Meaning that i will have to change my right of abode and come over to the state (Work Permit has been issued to me already).
I am writing just to confirm if you still have the room for rent........If and only Yes, Please I will like to have answers to the following questions below and please do not Institate to write me back on my E-mail address below at sexyg_bummie1@yahoo.com for a swift response:
1) I will like to have the description of the room, size, and the equipments in there.
2) I will like to have the rent fee per month plus the utilities.
3) I will also be coming with some of my furniture, that is if it is allowed, like bed, book shelf because I read alot, shoe rank etc
4) I will also like to know if you accept payment ahead of my arrival and if I can make advance payment to show commitment (one-month rent plus utilities).
5) If the 4 questions are YES, I will like to know the total cost for the initial move as in first month rent plus utilities and if deposit is necessary.
6) I will like to know the major intersection
7) I will want you to tell me more about you, about the place/room, more pics of you as well as the place.
Feel free to know anything about me. Contact me immediately, alone and for a swift response @ sexyg_bummie1@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you soon.
Bummie Douglas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:39 am 
Gold Member

Reads like other roommate scams we've seen posted here before. What do the email headrs reveal about the originating IP address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:24 am 

I got the same email. I think it's a scam.

Post subject: Is this a scam or what? I am furious!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:03 pm 

:?: Hello there,
Am Amanda Wong by name, 27 years of age, Am from Richmond, BC. Very Gentle, I pocess a great Sense Of Humour, And i like Travelling to see new places most times. I respect people alot of which i expect the same in Returns,

I will be relocating to the United States Of American {U.S.A} soon to school in the United Nation Conference (U.N.A), This is the Exact reason why I am Writting to you, I would like to be the one to Rent the place you placed on Web,

I dont let people burst words into me anyhow, BUT......... I prefer people taking Excuses from me, Am not a long thing person, Very straight forwarding, I do not smoke at all and coming to see the place wont be possible for now as am still at my Vacational Place. Am not moving to the States now as i still have some things to get done here, So every form or application will be filled out by me when i get to the States in person cos i do not have a Fax nor scanner here where i am.

Here is my Company's Website if you care to know more about me
http://www.canimun.org/ModelUN/english/pr.shtml

I have Checked and Rectified the price and am Convinent with it all, I Am ready to pay for the place If you would accept me as your Renter, The next step i need to know now is how you want the payment for the Availabe Apartment, My Boss is responsible for making the Payment Cos he's the one who decided that i get more lessons in my work Field.

He's from the States and he leaves the States very soon with his New Wife for "Honey Moon" Therefore get back to me with your full name and addresses so he can make payment out to you in form of Check or Money Orders, It takes 3 days Maximum to clear a Check and Money Order is an Instant cash, So if it is Check i will have to wait for 3days and then Move in. Let me know if this meets your Need.

Please do not reply if my explanation does not meet your needs
Amanda Wong.

Hi there,
I got your E-mail, How come your travelling so soon, I will be moving in as soon as the payment gets to you, Everything is in order you have nothing to be worried about... It's really good to be treated by a landlord this way, I appreciate all the features the house have, I would really like to be your roommate soon as you want me to be it soon, I would like to know the total cost to move in for the month, Then i can let my Boss know that as soon as possible, I will be waiting to hear from you and i hope another person is not trying to rent this apartment besides me. I will be waiting to hear from you and again am so much excited and interested in the apartemnt. Take care of yourself
Amanda.

Hi there,
How goes your day for you, I hope you had a splendid weekend, The Payment will be made out to you tomorrow, I have told my Boss to call you again cos he said he tried it before but it didnt go through, His attorney is making out the Payment tomorrow morning so by wednesday morning i will send you the tracking number of the Payment, It's coming in form of Cheque , I am willing so much to be your roommate as well and i really cant wait to meet you soon cos am sure we will get along fine, I want you to be rest assure that i want the place. I will wait to hear from you soon again.
Amanda.

Hi there,
How goes your night, I got your E-mail, I will be coming as soon as the Cheque clears in your Bank, My Boss added some funds to the Cheque so as soon as you get it cashed you will send the remaining via Western Union to my Boss travel agent who will posses my travelling to Nashville, He said he asked his attorney to send you the sum of $4,000, So as soon as you get it cashed you will send to my Boss travel agent, $2,500 for my coming to the States then after deducting your 800$ you'll keep the remaining $700 for me till i get to the States and then you can give that to me in person with the keys to the apartment. Take very good care of yourself and i really cant wait to meet you.
Amanda.