ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roommate scam
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:51 pm 

:evil: Deeman here, hey I posted an add on roomates .com and received a responce from a Lolly Brown, She said she's from Canada but living in england doing humanitarian work. She sent a photo of a dark skinned beauty.She said she'd send money to me and that I should cash the check and send the left over to her shipper. I told a friend about it and he said beware of scams. I googled roommate scams got this site and saw a letter from another potential roommate that was worded pretty close to "Lolly's" and had grammatical errors in it.

Thx ScamVictims United I think you just saved my arse. Here is a copy of one of "Lolly's" messages:

Thanks for the mail. I'm so glad to hear from you. However, i'll be out to get a shipper who will be moving my properties in before my moving in date. In the mean time, i'll be needing your full name, mailing address and your phone number so as to prepare the payment as my client will be sending money orders of pay ( about $5000 being money due to me) from which i'll like you to deduct the fee for my room and help me keep the balance with you as i'll be needing some money to pay the shipper that will move my things down. I will keep you posted of when you are likely to receive the payment.
Hope to hear from you soon. Have a
good time.

Lolly Brown

Here's more: Good morning.....How are you doing? i hope you're having a wonderful time...I'm so glad to inform you that i got a shipper that will be moving my things down but unfortunately he insisted on advance payment before proceeding with the shipment.

However, i would love to ensure that my properties were safely set on deck before coming down...Please be also informed that you'll be receiving the payment before the end of next week and as soon as you received the payment,kindly take it to your BANK to cash and deduct the fee for my room,So after the deduction,i'll need your assistance in sending part of the balance through WESTERN UNION office to my shipper asap so that he can proceed with the
shipment on time.......

These people must be stopped I mean damn that photo had me going there for a while.

be careful out there.... Deeman.

Post subject: a big thanks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:03 am 

:shock:

I am glad I google Lolly brown, thanks so much for your posting. I wo't be returning her emails....

Post subject: Help Help Help!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:26 pm 

I have had an ad posted on roommates.com and was just contacted by this Lolly Brown. Unfortunatly I have already given my name and address. What should I do? Is there anything that they can do with that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:26 am 
Gold Member

Tell them the room has already been rented to someone else.