ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:44 am 

I didn't have to get past the first line of that letter.... definately a scammer.

Post subject: got one too
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:09 pm 

i got a response like that when i posted that i need housing on craigslist.com
used a diff name, but same story and font.
what a bunch of crap.

Post subject: Scam
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:30 am 

Hi,

My name is James Iborie.I am 48 years old and i am an european . i was just about registering on http://www.craigslist.com when i saw your advert.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,heres is a bit about me.I come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in
jewellry my company name is CEECO JEWELS. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewelry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in {ft lauderdale} cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/myskow/ ,it is peacefu, wonderful house and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 18th september 2006 of the month and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business in Canada and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge .... .
I dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and its a wonderful piece with luxury. I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name and have it cashed and have the funds wired to me here thru money gram transfer . you dont have to pay me a dimme for the
accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business going on in the United state.and if you wanna keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive if at all you dont wanna live in the house or if you are far from the house..
The house is a great one with clean bathrooms,walk in closet, A gym ,All rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested let me know It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number so i can have my lawyer make the necessary background and security check ..I am in Ontario now and will be awaiting your swift response. thanks

James Iborie

Post subject: CEECO JEWELS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:57 pm 

I just recieved this email

Hi,

My name is Jenny Toke.I am 48 years old and i am an european . i was just about
registering on http://www.craigslist.com when i saw your advert.from what i saw i think
its best i get in touch with you,heres is a bit about me.I come to the states
often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in
jewelry my company name is CEECO JEWELS. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding
rings and jewelry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family
business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in { Newport} cos i
love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house
http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/myskow/ ,it is peacefu, wonderful house
and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 18th
september 2006 of the month and as the only child of my father i have to go and
take care of the his jewel business in Canada and i realised that it will be
very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am
away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos
they pay mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it
will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i
dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what
i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of
charge .... .
I dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and its a wonderful piece
with luxury. I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and
clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me
receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name and
have it cashed and have the funds wired to me here thru money gram transfer .
you dont have to pay me a dimme for the
accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business
going on in the United state.and if you wanna keep this assignment as a job let
me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive if at all you dont
wanna live in the house or if you are far from the house..
The house is a great one with clean bathrooms,walk in closet, A gym ,All rooms
and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more
pictures and if you are interested let me know It is a very lovely house and
there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business
in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and
address with your phone number so i can have my lawyer make the necessary
background and security check ..I am in Ontario now and will be awaiting your
swift response. thanks

Jenn Toke

Post subject: I also received an email from these people
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:31 pm 

I also received an email after placing an apartment wanted ad on craigslist.com:

Hi,

My name is Alma Rosa.I am 48 years old and i am an european . i was
just about registering on http://www.craigslist.com when i saw your
advert.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,heres is a bit
about me.I come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i
deal mostly in
jewelry my company name is CEECO JEWELS. I supply
watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewelry to stores in the states and europe .Infact
that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last
year in {Woodside} cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of
the house http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/myskow/ ,it is peacefu,
wonderful house and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my
father passed away on the 18th september 2006 of the month and as the only
child of my father i have to go and take care of the his jewel business
in Canada and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods
to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will
definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay
mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it
will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment
and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what
i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house
free of charge .... .
I dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and its a
wonderful piece with luxury. I am simply looking for someone that is honest
and trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i
am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the
USA on my behalf in his/her name and have it cashed and have the funds
wired to me here thru money gram transfer . you dont have to pay me a
dimme for the
accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and
my business going on in the United state.and if you wanna keep this
assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that
you receive if at all you dont wanna live in the house or if you are
far from the house..
The house is a great one with clean bathrooms,walk in closet, A gym
,All rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i
can email you more pictures and if you are interested let me know It is
a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are
interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house
neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number so i
can have my lawyer make the necessary background and security check ..I
am in Ontario now and will be awaiting your swift response. thanks

Alma Rosa

I knew this smelled suspicious the instant I read it. Luckily I placed the "jewelry store" name in google and found this post. I am so glad you guys are putting this information out there. It is pathetic that these people are preying on people who are in need. They should know there is such a thing as karma.

Post subject: Holy crap
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:28 pm 

Norris Butch <norris_butchrr7@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

My name is Norris Butch.I am 48 years old and i am an european . i was just about registering on http://www.craigslist.com when i saw your advert.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,heres is a bit about me.I come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in
jewelry my company name is CEECO JEWELS. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewelry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in {LA } cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/myskow/ ,it is peaceful, wonderful house and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 18th october of the month and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business in Canada and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge .... .
I dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and its a wonderful piece with luxury. I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name and have it cashed and have the funds wired to me here thru money gram transfer . you dont have to pay me a dimme for the
accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business going on in the United state.and if you wanna keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive if at all you dont wanna live in the house or if you are far from the house..
The house is a great one with clean bathrooms,walk in closet, A gym ,All rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested let me know It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number so i can have my lawyer make the necessary background and security check ..I am in Ontario now and will be awaiting your swift response. thanks

Norris Butch
Did I almost fall into something? What is this guys scam. I did write back to him and said I was interested and gave him my full name and address

Post subject: Re: Holy crap
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:25 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

jeanard wrote:
Did I almost fall into something? What is this guys scam. I did write back to him and said I was interested and gave him my full name and address

I would break off contact with this person and if they contact you again let them know you are no longer interested in the offer.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: 2nd contact
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:26 pm 

The guy mailed back and said that he would be here in 3 weeks to meet me. Any chance he will actually show up, and I'd be able to get him busted? He said he was going to start having checks sent to us from clients and we are to have them cashed and sent him the $ minus 5% of course.

Post subject: Re: 2nd contact
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:30 pm 
jeanard wrote:
The guy mailed back and said that he would be here in 3 weeks to meet me. Any chance he will actually show up, and I'd be able to get him busted? He said he was going to start having checks sent to us from clients and we are to have them cashed and sent him the $ minus 5% of course.

No he is not coming over here, he is bluffing. Break off contact.

Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:37 pm 

Ok Thanks for the advise. I'm just glad I googled this guys business and found this web site before I got myself in trouble. Thanks again

Post subject: He's at it again...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:27 am 

I posted an ad under housing in Craigslist on 11 Nov 2006 and received the same message. First, he's not a very sophisticated scammer and second, you would never find this kind of house in the islands. Be safe, go with your gut feeling, and always keep your guard up! :roll:

My name is Norris Butch.I am 48 years old and i am an european . i was just about registering on http://www.craigslist.com when i saw your advert.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,heres is a bit about me.I come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in
jewelry my company name is MASTOOFY JEWELS { best in cartier}. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewelry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in { Hawaii} cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/myskow/ ,it is peaceful, wonderful house and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 28th october of the month and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business in Canada and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay mostly in checks and make wire transfer.So to run the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge .... .
I dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and its a wonderful piece with luxury. I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name or bank account and have it sent to me to me here thru money gram transfer or bank transfer. you dont have to pay me a dimme for the accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business going on in the United state while im away sort of house sitting but you must understand that this will not affect your own personal job at all.and if you wanna keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive if at all you dont wanna live in the house or if you are far from the house..
The house is a great one with clean 3bathrooms,walk in closet, A gym ,All 4rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested let me know It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number so i can have my lawyer make the necessary background for security check on you right away and we can proceed bcos i looking for someone to be moved in as soon as i find a perfect fit ..I am in Ontario now and will be awaiting your swift response. thanks

Norris Butch

Post subject: Kevin Myskow
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:32 pm 

I just got an email from this guy yesterday. I had advertised on Craig's List for housing and here is what he wrote me.

I have 4br,3bath,front yard pool and garage in the {South Suburbs} area im looking to rent free to someone neat, responsible, hardworking and trustworthy too, pls email me only if you still looking for a place. i hope to find someone soon. nothing is free , there is always a catch but im sure this is the best offer and i hope interests you if you fit my demands. pls serious inquiries only!

Kevin Myskow

It sounded too good to be true and gave me a funny feeling so I googled his name and found this board. I'm sure glad I did. I get these types of emails in my yahoo account also. This must be the biggest type of scam going on right now.

Post subject: HA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:41 pm 

I got an e-mail from this guy this morning. Very funny. :twisted: I hope no one really falls for this.

My name is Jason Lewis.I am a 48 years old european businessman . i was just about registering on Craigslist when i saw your ad.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,here's a bit about me.I come to the states mostly for business purposes cos i have got a family business all about jewelry, I have a small company of my own called MASTOOFY JEWELS { best in cartier} outside the family business. I generally supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewelries to stores in the states and ontario dealers known to my family and myself .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in the area cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p131 ... res_album/ ,it is a peaceful, wonderful house and in a loving neighborhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 3rd of the month and as the only son in my family im to take care of the family business in Canada and i realised that it will be a bit difficult to supply goods to my clients in the states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to transact cos after delivery of goods i accept cash and checks for huge amounts,so transaction problem is what i might be facing especially with dealers in the state and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i thought of doing is to look for someone to stay at my house free of charge .... .
Really i dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and its a wonderful piece with luxury. Im looking for an ideal person or family who are honest,trustworthy,responsible,capable and clean for two reasons 1. is to maintain the house when i m away 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the states on my behalf in his/their name and recent address and have it processed then send it out to me here thru money gram transfer or bank transfer until i can get them moved in my house and so they can make use of my address to the house for them to recieve the payment in their names. you dont have to pay me a dimme for the accommodation, but you will have to maintain the utility bills plus i will not be stayin with you for long when im intown. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business going on in the state while im away sort of house sitting but you must understand that this will not affect your own personal job at all and if you would like to keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive and i will make sure i see to all tasks incurred on you by my checks.
The house is a great with clean 3bathrooms,walk in closet, A gym ,All 4rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested let me know It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number so i can have my lawyer make the necessary background check on you right away and we can proceed bcos im looking for someone to be moved in as soon as i find a perfect fit ..I am in Ontario now and will be awaiting your swift response. thanks
Jason Lewis

Post subject: another one
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:21 am 

Hello,
How are you doing ? Are still looking for a room ?Am Frank Berry. I am in my early age of 50s and I am an european . I come to the states often mostly for business purposes because I deal mostly in jewellry. I supply watches, bracelets, wedding rings and jewellry to stores in the states and europe .
It's my family business because we are from Switzerland. I bought a house last year in Austin,Texas cus i love it there .It is with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately since my father passed away last year, i've been having to go and take care of the family business back in Geneva Switzerland and i realised that it's turning out to be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me alot to come over to receive payments because they usually pay mostly in checks and money orders . running the business from there is with it's own difficulties when it comes to the aspect of payment.
It's been like this for a long while now but it doesn't favour my business because it takes longer time to have all these foreign American checks or money order cashed from here unlike in the States.
You can imagine having to wait for another 30-40 days to clear payments received from our american customers. i'm presently working on setting up a branch in the States but for now I'm hoping on meeting responsible americans that is willing to work with me as one of our american representative that helps receive payments from our customers and clients in
the States on my behalf. Every of my representatives works from home
without affecting his/her present job if they have any at hand. So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge. I dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and i will have all the rest papers by December but i have all the keys now. I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf. You don't have to pay me for the accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my business going on in the United States.and if you want to keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 10% on each payment that you receive if at all you don't like to live in the house or if you are far from the house.. The house is a great one with clean bathrooms, walk in closet, a gym , all rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested i will send the keys to you via courier so you can go and see the house. It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wouldn't like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number..I am back in geneva Switzerland. Let your response go to my business email:
fberry9496@yahoo.com.

Thanks and God Bless,
Berry