ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scam?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:25 pm 

I'm posted an ad for a room to rent and I got this very peculiar response. So far, the person is not asking for a deposit, since he is stating that my stay will be rent-free. What is supicious is that he is stating that he can't receive money orders/check from American clients because he is in the UK and it would be too costly to fly to the states just to receive payments. If he runs a business out of UK, why not just have the clients mail their payments to the UK and wave the shipping fee? It would obviously cost more to pay utilities for a person who accepts your payments within the states. Anyway, here it is:

"Hi,
I saw your posting on craigslist.My name is Tom Jones.I am in my early age of 50s and i am an briton . I come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in jewelries. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewellry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family business cos we are from UK. I bought a house early this year in Los Angeles cos i love it there .It is peaceful and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 2nd of March 2006 and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business back in UK and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge.
I dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and i got all the rest papers on April so i have ALL the keys now. I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name and have it cashed cos they pay mostly checks and money orders and have the funds wired to me here in UK through money gram transfer/western union transfer . you dont have to pay me a dime for the accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my business going on in the United state.and if you wanna keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 10% on each payment that you receive if at all you dont wanna live in the house or if you are far from the house..
The house is a great one with clean bathrooms,walk in closet,A gym ,All rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested i will send the keys to you via courier so you can go and see the house. It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your Full name and Present contact Address with your Phone number..I am back in UK.
If interested,All responses should be e-mailed to Email:tomyjones02@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Tom Jones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:51 pm 

ahh, i've been reading other "rent scams" and i see this is no different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:01 pm 
Gold Member

No one from the UK refers to themselves as being 'Briton' - believe me, I know. 'Tom Jones' - that'll be the boyo from the valleys, would it? Well, it's not unusual, is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:10 pm 

@orpheus- this one is a bit unusual. I haven't seen a format that combines a job scam with the offer of a place to live before. Whilst it is undoubtedly a variation of the standard job/ cheque mule scam, I would like to see where it came from. Would you mind posting or PMing me the full headers (minus your email addy) that came with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:12 pm 

I wouldn't trust this either. As soon as he gets your "contact" info I'll bet that house will no longer be available and instead he'll want you to cash some checks and wire him some money because he's been robbed or some other sob story. Toss this one and move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:18 pm 

@ximora- Yup, that's how he will play it. Something awful happened to the house, but he really needs help getting his clients' cheques cashed... and will pay 10%... :roll:

Post subject: FYI - I got the same exact message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:42 am 

This one looks like it's pretty new, in terms of wording at least.... But I got the same exact message. The person got my name from Craigs List, and changed the location to be specific to my town. I'm tempted to reply, though, if only to see what happens to the house!

Post subject: same thing 4 days ago
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:37 am 

Hi,

My name is Myskow Steven.I am 48 years old and i am an european . i was just about registering on http://www.craigslist.com when i saw your advert.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,heres is a bit about me.
I come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in jewellry. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewellry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in (Paulding Area, GA) cos i love it there .It is peaceful and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 12nd of aug 2006 this month and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business back in Geneva Switzerland and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge .... .
I dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and i will have all the rest papers by march ending . I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name and have it cashed and have the funds wired to me here in Ontario, Canada thru money gram transfer . you dont have to pay me a dimme for the accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business going on in the United state.and if you wanna keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive if at all you dont wanna live in the house or if you are far from the house..
The house is a great one with clean bathrooms,walk in closet,A gym ,All rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested let me know It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number so i can have my lawyer make the necessary background and security check ..I am back in Ontario, Canada.
will be awaiting your swift response.
thanks

Myskow Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:02 pm 

That is such a SCAM! And to think they want someone to "wire" them money! :roll:

Post subject: Scam
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:26 am 

I just got a message from this man today. I told him "I was suspicious and the offer sounded to go to be true". I was thinking about doing it until I googled his name and this came up. Thank you so much every one, for sharing your concerns and insight with this web site. Thank you for saving me the grief. I truly appreciate this. God bless~

Post subject: It is a scam
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:10 pm 

:cry:
I received the same message. A 27 yr old from Great Britain, working in Africa for JEK Consulting Inc with a CCNA. After heated realy messages, the Nigerian man called me. They use realy messages because it is not the white female/male on the other end, as described in the message. I recently lost 2,700 to this person. Whatever you do, Beware of cashier's checks

Post subject: hmmm very funn....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:06 pm 

well every one trust me for sure its a scam... expecialy since i have received this same email 2 times in the past month... :roll: .from 2 different names. below are both emails...
i suspected it the first time i got the first email... then i got the second one today and i knew it was no good.. :P . i am going to play around with the skamers for a bit tho :twisted: because there is no such company as CEECO JEWELS (i googled the name).... well... i'll keep everyone informed on what happens..... i asked the other email that didn't tell me the company name what his companys name was... wounder if it will end up being the same company name lol.... :wink:

Hi,

My name is Austin Osagie.I am 48 years old and i am an european . i was just about registering on http://www.craigslist.com when i saw your advert.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,heres is a bit about me.I come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in
jewellry my company name is CEECO JEWELS. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewellry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in { nashua } cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/myskow/ ,it is peacefu, wonderful house and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 20th of aug 2006 previous month and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business in Canada and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge .... .
I dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and its a wonderful piece with luxury. I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name and have it cashed and have the funds wired to me here thru money gram transfer . you dont have to pay me a dimme for the
accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business going on in the United state.and if you wanna keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive if at all you dont wanna live in the house or if you are far from the house..
The house is a great one with clean bathrooms,walk in closet, A gym ,All rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested let me know It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number so i can have my lawyer make the necessary background and security check ..I am in Ontario now and will be awaiting your swift response. thanks

Austin Osagie

Hi,
My name is David Hud I am in my early 50s and i am an European who come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in jewellry. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewellry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Switzerland. I bought a house last year in N hampshire because i love it there .It is peaceful and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 22nd of June 2006 and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business back in Geneva Switzerland and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments because they pay mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge .
I dont want to sell the house because i just bought it and i will have all the rest papers by May but i have ALL the keys now. I am simply looking for someone that is honest,trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name and have it cashed cos they pay mostly checks and money orders and have the funds wired to me or my clients via Western Union Money Transfer . you dont have to pay me a dime for the accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my business going on in the United States.and if you wanna keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive if at all you dont wanna live in the house or if you are far from the house..
The house is a great one with clean bathrooms,walk in closet,A gym ,All rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures, It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number..
Best Regards,
David Hud

well everyone stay safe... and tell your friends about this site... might get less people hurt from scammers
rich

Post subject: Just got the same message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:59 pm 

I want to thank you for posting this, or I might have given my info to this scam artist. Same story, different dates, same house in different town. Here is what I received today:

Hi,

My name is Kevin Myskow.I am 48 years old and i am an european . i was just about registering on http://www.craigslist.com when i saw your advert.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,heres is a bit about me.I come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in
jewellry my company name is CEECO JEWELS. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewellry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in { Nyack} cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/myskow/ ,it is peacefu, wonderful house and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 2nd september 2006 of the month and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business in Canada and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge .... .
I dont want to sell the house cos i just bought it and its a wonderful piece with luxury. I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name and have it cashed and have the funds wired to me here thru money gram transfer . you dont have to pay me a dimme for the
accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my house safe and my business going on in the United state.and if you wanna keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 5% on each payment that you receive if at all you dont wanna live in the house or if you are far from the house..
The house is a great one with clean bathrooms,walk in closet, A gym ,All rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested let me know It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number so i can have my lawyer make the necessary background and security check ..I am in Ontario now and will be awaiting your swift response. thanks

Kevin Myskow

Post subject: here what I got..
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:37 pm 

Here is what I got 2 hours ago...I posted an ad. on craigslist because I need a 2br. apartment and I got this stupid message..He said the house is in westbury which is very close where I live. Well, this guy seems to be very dangerous..

Hi,

My name is Austin Osagie.I am 48 years old and i am an european . i was just about registering on http://www.craigslist.com when i saw your advert.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,heres is a bit about me.I come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in
jewellry my company name is CEECO JEWELS. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewellry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in {westbury} cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/myskow/ ,it is peacefu, wonderful house and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 2nd september 2006 of the month and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business in Canada and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge .... .

Austin Osagie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:17 am 

i too recived an e-mail from this person....shortly after posting a room wanted add on craigs list...having never have delt with this sort of this before i do not know what to do...this is the e-mail i recived

Hi,

My name is Myskow Steven.I am 48 years old and i am an european . i was just about registering on http://www.craigslist.com when i saw your advert.from what i saw i think its best i get in touch with you,heres is a bit about me.I come to the states often mostly for business purposes cos i deal mostly in
jewellry my company name is CEECO JEWELS. I supply watches,bracelets,wedding rings and jewelry to stores in the states and europe .Infact that is my family business cos we are from Canada. I bought a house last year in {Auburn} cos i love it there, here is a link to view pics of the house http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/myskow/ ,it is peacefu, wonderful house and with a loving neighbourhood. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 2nd september 2006 of the month and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business in Canada and i realised that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay mostly in checks and money orders .So to run the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i dont also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge .... .

Myskow Steven