ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another Victim...found this site to late
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:15 pm 

I was renting a room on Roommates.com. I was contacted by a Nigerian "woman" who was moving here on 2 year work visa. A client owed her money from the US and she asked him to send me the money. I was to cash they money orders deduct for the 1st months rent and Western Union the remainder. I had never heard of this scam :( .

A week later I was contacted by my bank that they were counterfeit and I owe them $5100 :evil: I about collapsed at my desk. After speaking with the fraud line I was updated on this scam and how big it is. He deals with 20 - 40 of these a day. The Nigerian has sent me more. The postal inspector came to my office to pick them up and give him the information I have. The Nigerian has been trying to call me. I've just been ignoring their calls.

So its been two weeks and I'm just starting to pull through my depression. I can't believe this happened to me. Now I've had to get a second job to pay the money back. I can't believe how big this is and the lack of attention it has gotten.

I agree with the one saying to send a bomb that way. Apparently the whole country is courupt thats why they can persue anything legally that way. Oh but you see Bush on tv kissing the prime ministers @ss. Wish while he was down there he'd pick his pocket and send me my money back! :twisted: