ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RENTAL SCAMS
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:43 am 

After posting a rental ad in this website for free. Possable Scam Artist TRIED to scam me multiple times. Here's one of their stories.
This link below, is my ad they responded to.

http://classifieds.usnpl.com/cgi-bin/cl ... =retrieval

Now the story...
I've recieved many replies to rent it from people. BUT, almost all these folks want to try and scam me with the Money Order trick and send them money back for over payment.
Here is one of the peoples letter sent me from London. First he claimed he way a Gay man in London, guess to drop our guard. after a couple letters exchanged, my red flag was raised . Please read on to his letters.

hi ,

i am intending to take the apartment for a year and probably extend it when the time comes.i have never been to that part of usa. I am 35/gay and a Capricorn, and somewhat independent by nature. , and have worked as a chemist for over 10 yrs. I am stable and secure

It's not easy to describe myself in a little box. I'm creative, sensual, love music (play some piano), spiritual, and intelligent. Quick-witted, and admittedly sarcastic (hopefully in a good way?). I work hard at understanding and improving myself. I have a friend who says I'm like an artichoke--the closer you get to the center, the better I am. My favorite activities right now are dancing and walking/talking with friends. I've got many interests, though, and like trying new things. Oh, am also into art.I love to travel and usually go to the Caribbean once a year. I guess you could say that I am somewhat domesticated, as I enjoy yard work, cooking, flower beds, interior decorating, gardening and keeping physically fit. I do love to swim and was on a swimming league, baseball and soccer throughout high school and college. I guess my “macho� side :)). For me, honesty and sincerity is the key, and now and forever is still a value I hold. I know many might find this foolish, but I do believe it can happen. I have a great sense of humor, which I need to have working in my profession.

anymore questions.

thanks

THEN>>> He DROPS THE BOMB!
and he writes to me....

well am satisfied with what i have read and seen so far.i will paying for 6 month for a start.
Concerning the payment ,A very good client of mine in the state is will issue the sum of $26,500US dollars only, he will issue out a certified cashier check drawn in a US Funds that you can cashed at your Bank or at Any cashing point in your location. As soon as you received the payment,and have the funds cleared in your bank ,and you hold out your amount, And send the Excess funds which it is balance to my International Shipping Agent(THROUGH VIA WESTERN UNION TRANSFER ) That will be for the bringing my stuff to this new apartment.I hope i can trust you with my balance that will be sent to my shipping Agent . Do get back to me with your contact details like this:
Name you want on check:
Home Address:
City:
State:
Phone Number/Office Num ber:
so that payment will be made out to you Immediately..bye and have great day. Regards to you and your family.
I look forward to hearing from you today.
thanks
Rodney Salone

As you know I did not fall for this But I do want Others to be aware of this twist to scamming in the Rental division and Post this jerks name. As a Realtor, there's many strange stories of scams in our market both in renting and buying and selling too.
ALSO...
Many scam artists try to scam the "for sale by owners" and people who are trying to buy properties for sale by owners. FSBO properties.
There are many horror stories. Please use a Realtor, when buying and selling, your then protected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:20 am 

Good Advice. Thanks for the post, unfortunately high dollar items are a great target for the scum that perpetrate these crimes.

Post subject: Rodney Salone strikes again
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:36 pm 

Hi,
Thanks for the heads up on Rodney Salone. He strikes again. I received an email from this creep almost verbatim to what your email said. He is still on the prowl, sitting around on his butt, living off of the hard work, honesty and integrity of others.

His inability to spell and write a grammatically correct email was the first red flag. Your warning confirmed it.You prevented me from falling for it. Let's hope we can prevent others.

Here's more of what to watch out for from Rodney Salone scam artist:
WILL TAKE THE APT YOU HAVE.Dam a 27 year old graduate of pharmacy from the
University of texas.a chemist by profession.I live with my parents here all my life .

firstly, i would like to establish my situation before we proceed further, i am coming over from the Usa, and would not be able to see the place until my arrival, thus, i am only interested in the facilities available within the structure, so could you please let me know what the facilities that are available are (perhaps a detailed description would do, or send pictures or a floor plan), secondly, please let me know when exactly the place would be ready for move in, while i also would like to know if there are any fitness club close to the location as i am a fitness freak that cannot do without working out everyday.
At any rate, it would be a close associate of mine who
would be making out payment to you on my behalf, but, he would be making out payment to you in one check to include my moving charges which is supposed for my moving agent, i tried to convince him to make out two separate checks, but he is quite rigid on the

topic, so i would be needing you to please help pass over the funds supposed for my shipping agent to him once the funds are available.
My reason for coming to the canada was stated in my first mail, and if need to know again, i am reseaching in partial fulfilment to my phd programme project, which is in benefit to some african pharmaceutical companies such as Yem Kem,glasxo friche and a couple of others in the area of vicap.
Lastly, i would like to inform you that i am undertaking a training program which is supposed for my field work in the states, so i get to move around a lot recently, and i might not have the time to attend to
any paper works until my arrival, i hope that is okay with you,so please do get back to me with your intentions as regards renting to me.
At any rate, you would be recieving the sum of $5000, i intend to take the place for a year,so the check will includde 3 months rent and deposit, so you would

have to assist to pass on the difference to my moving agent, if this is okay by you, please get back to me with the following so that we can proceed further.Also, please let me know if the deposit is refundable.

Name you want on check:
Home Address:
City:
State:
Phone Number/Office Number:

Also, i just finished up research work at the Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 97 Bouverie Street, University of Melbourne, the research was in regards to potential role of pharmacogenomics in reducing adverse drug
reactions.
I would be expecting to hear from you as soon as you can get back to me even with high hopes that we finalise things in good time.
warm regards.

more about me
I am 27 y/o, 5'8", 150-155#, br/br, 30 waist, ofScandinavian descent. I am a Capricorn, and somewhat independent by nature. and have worked as a

chemistfor over 3 yrs. I am stable and secure, I have
learned that life is too short to let trivial things bother me, and I appreciate now even the simpler
things in life. I am sure you probably have met the
types. I love to travel and usually go to the
Caribbean once a year. I guess you could say that I am somewhat domesticated, as I enjoy yard work,
cooking, f! lower beds, interior decorating,gardening and keeping physically fit. I do love to swim and
was on a swimming league, baseball and soccer throughout high school and college. For me, honesty and sincerity is the key, and now and forever is still a value I hold. I know many
might find this foolish, but I do believe it can happen. I have a great sense of humor, which I need
to have working in my profession. . I do go to bars every now and then because I like the music and
dance,but I do feel that there are a lot of mind games and

cliques there. I believe that I have a lot to offer
due to my values and beliefs.
email back.
thanks

What a load of garbage.
BEWARE renters.