ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I was scammed by a Roommates.com User
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:57 pm 

I was recently scammed during the process of trying to rent out a room in my house. The person who got me sent me $8000 in money orders, $6000 of which I deposited in my checking account. I subtracted what was alotted to me for the person to move & sent the rest to the person's "shipper". Below are copies of the correspondences that I got from "Jenny". (Jennifer Macomba - saint_jenny143@yahoo.com)
When I went to file the police report about it as per my bank's suggestion the detective pulled up this site & printed out the pages that he had on his screen. After reading some of the posts here I realized that I had been contacted by someone whom I believe to be the same person that scammed me. The first time that I was contacted was back in either March or April of this year. The first contact I did not agree to send anything for/to "her".(Jennifer Cole - jennifercole@yahoo.com)

Correspondences from Jennifer Macomba (saint_jenny143@yahoo.com)
Thanks so much for the mail. I'll be so glad if you can reserve the room for me and remove the advert from roommates.com as i'll love to rent the place.
ABOUT ME:
Name: Jennifer Macomba
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5' 6" (167cm)
Weight: 122 pounds (55.0 kg)
Body Style: Athletic/Fit
Activity Level: Active
Smoking: No
Drinking: Socially
Marital Status: Single
Children: I have no kids
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Languages I speak: English
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Religion: Christian
Grew up in: Luton
Education: MCSA/MCSE
Annual Income: Over $35,000US
ALSO
I'm a quiet and easy going person to live with. My families lives here in London but my father lives in Canada and i have no friends in US except you lol. I'm currently working as a Consulting agent here in London but will love to come down to the United States to explore my talent and to have a more promising and profitable job. I do not have a pic presently on my system but will try to attach one to my next mail.

My favorites are;
My favorite cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese/Dim Sum, Deli, Eastern-European, Fast Food/Pizza, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese/Sushi, Mexican, Seafood, Soul Food, Thai, Vietnamese
My favorite music: Dance/Electronica, Disco, Easy Listening, Pop/Top 40, Rap/Hip Hop, Soul/R&B and Soundtracks.
My favorite physical activities: Basketball, Working Out, Dancing, Swiming and Hiking/Walking
However, based on your mail i will be making a payment of $1500 to move in. I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost and its quite reasonable and affordable. I had like to make the payment for the first month ahead of my arrival, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter as i plan to stay for more than 12months. So i'll financial advisor to see you'll get the payment prior to my arriving date.
If this arrangement is ok by you, kindly get back to me as soon as possible.
Hope to hear from you soon
Regards
Jenny
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the mail. I'm so glad to hear from you. However, i'll be out to get a shipper who will be moving my properties in before my moving in date. In the mean time, i'll be needing your full name, mailing address and your phone number so as to prepare the payment as my financial advisor will be sending money orders of pay (about $3000) from which i'll like you to deduct the fee for my room and help me keep the balance with you as i'll be needing some money to pay the shipper that will move my things down. I will keep you posted of when you are likely to receive the payment.
The things i will be moving in are as follow;
my Honda Accord (ivtec 2005 model) metalic green.
suite case containing my books
my 26' DELL PLASMA TV and DVD Home theatre
my clothes in three luggages and
my Toshiba Laptop.................ETC.
Hope to hear from you soon. Have a good time.
Jenny
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the response roomie.....However, you can deduct the fee for my rent and help me to send exact $2100 to my shipper through WESTERN UNION office immediately so that he can proceed with the shipment ASAP....Surely, you'll be needing 6 percent($126) to send the funds which i expect you to deduct from my balance with you ok.....Here is the information that you'll be needing to send the money to my shipper and kindly send the MTCN ASAP.

NAME.............JOHN PRICE
ADDRESS..........19 MASSEY ST.
BRAMPTON, ON, CANADA L6S 2V6.
TEXT QUESTION.......MONEY FOR WHO............ANSWER...........JENNY

However, i'll schedule my flight for saturday if and only if my shipper is able to receive the money tomorrow and safely set my properties on deck otherwise i'll have to wait till he receives the funds ok. So do remember to come and pick me up at the airport to show me around.

Thanks in all ways and surely cant wait much longer to come down. Hope to hear from you soon.
regards
Jenny
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THANKS XXXXXXXX, I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MR PRICE, BUT UNFORTUNATELY I WILL NEED YOU TO PLEASE SEND HIM ADDITIONAL $700, I WAS TOLD THAT THE MONEY YOU EARLIER SEND IS NOT ENOUGH, SO PLEASE GO AHEAD AND SEND HIM THE MONEY OKAY, AM REALLY SORRY FOR THE INCONVINENCES BUT I KNOW THAT I CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON YOU AND I WILL SURELY MAKE IT UP TO YOU.
THANKS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE EXPLAINATIONS, I WILL CONTACT MY CLEINT TO FORWARD YOU ADDITIONAL PAYMENT , SO THAT I CAN ENSURE THAT THE SHIPPER MOVE IN ON TIME , I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON WHEN YOU WILL GET IT , ALSO I WILL CONTACT MY TRAVEL AGENT ON WEDNESDAY AND LET YOU KNOW I WILL MOVE IN .
THANKS , GOD BLESS YOU
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello XXXXXXXX....The package will be delivered to you today ok....Kindly get it cashed asap and help me to send $850 to my shipper my John Price and $1250 to me as i urgently need the money to for my flight arrangement and to take care of somethings before coming down on Friday ok.
Here is the info again for my shipper

NAME.............JOHN PRICE.......................$850
and for me
NAME..........JENNIFER MACOMBA...........$1250
ADDRESS....1895 WILLIAMS HODGINS LN
CARP,ON,CANADA K0A 1L0
Thanks for your usual understanding and openess.
Best wishes
Jenny
HERE S THE TRACKING # FOR THE PACKAGE..........XXXXXXXXXXX(http://www.ups.com)
----------------------------------------------------------
MORNING XXXXXXXX, I HAVE CHANGE THE MODEL OF MY CAR THAT THE SHIPPER WILL BE MOVING IN , SO YOU WILL ONLY NEED TO SEND THE MONEY IN THIS ORDER.
NAME.............JOHN PRICE.......................$850
and for me
NAME..........JENNIFER MACOMBA...........$750
ADDRESS....1895 WILLIAMS HODGINS LN
CARP,ON,CANADA K0A 1L0
-----------------------------------------------------------
MORNING XXXXXXXX , THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN AND UNDERSTANDING,I WAS DEVASTATED YESTERDAY THIS IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT I LOSS MY ONLY GRANNY, SHE HAD AN ANCIDENT YESTERDAY AND SHE DIED ON THE SPOT IT IS PATHETIC, HOW I WISH SHE IS ALIVE , TO ME SHE IS THE BEST TO HAVE HAPPENED TO ME , SHE IS DUE TO BE BURIED ON WEDNESDAY, THOUGH I HAVE INFORMED THE SHIPPER TO MOVE IN MY STUFF ON TUESDAY , THEY WILL MOVE IN ON THURSDAY EVENING I GAVE THEM YOUR PHONE NUMBER SO THAT THEY CAN REACH YOU BEFORE EMBARKING ON THE TRIP , IN THE MEAN TIME I THOUGHT I WOULD ARRIVE ON SATURDAY 29TH OCTOBER BUT WITH THIS IMMINENT SITUATION I JUST HAVE TO WAIT TILL MY GRANNY IS LAID TO REST ON WEDNESDAY AFTER WHICH I WILL MOVE IN , I INFORMED MY CLIENT TO SEND YOU SOME MONEY FOR ME , BUT PLEASE ONCE YOU GET IT TODAY PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE BANK TODAY SINCE YOU ARE LIKELY GOING TO GET IT THIS MORNING FRIDAY28TH OCTOBER, I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I WILL NEED ANY MONEY FOR THE BURIAL OR NOT . AM REALLY IN A GLOOMY STATE NOW AND WILL TALK TO YOU LATER.