There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sandra Shaws spam
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:16 pm 

Hello,

I will show you my email history and you will tell me whether I am wrong or not.
Note that my email is not viper_shock!

fromSandra Shaws sandrashaws22@yahoo.com
toviper_shock@hotmail.com

dateMon, Sep 26, 2011 at 9:36 AM
subjectINTERESTED
mailed-byyahoo.com
signed-byyahoo.com

hide details 9:36 AM (1 hour ago)

Hi,
My name is Sandra Shaws and I have a clothing store in Essex,london.I am 26 years old, single lady.I saw your ad and I would like to have more details about the place.
I am sincere and cohere lady and would abide by all tenantable conditions.I am coming over for a business trip in October.i hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks Sandy

----

P.Brunelle to Sandra
show details 10:26 AM (42 minutes ago)

Hi,

When will you be coming over? and for how long would you need to rent a room?

----

Note that I am not talking about any details of the room. Everytime I get such email (from outside Canada) I am very suspecious. You will note in her reply (see below that she is talking about something that I didnt talk at all (it is in bold)).

---

fromSandra Shaws sandrashaws22@yahoo.com
to"P.Brunelle" <>

dateMon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM
subjectRe: INTERESTED
mailed-byyahoo.com
signed-byyahoo.com
Important mainly because of your interaction with messages in the conversation.

Hello,thanks for getting back to me promptly.I understand all you have said about the place and its ok by me.I am interested and I want to rent the place before my arrival.i am due to arrive in October and i will be renting the place for 6 moths and might renew my tenancy afterwards depending on my schedule.letme tell you a bit about myself.I am an easy going person.I don't smoke and I don't drink.I enjoy cooking and working out at weekends.i want to know if there is a gymclose to the house.i will sign the agreement as soon as i arrive or you can go ahead and sign the agreement and i will fufil my part when i arrive.i have attached my picture to this mail so that you know who is renting the place.I hope to hear from you soon.
Warm Regards,
Sandy

----

fromP.Brunelle
toSandra Shaws <sandrashaws22@yahoo.com>

dateMon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:55 AM
subjectRe: INTERESTED
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 10:55 AM (15 minutes ago)

Hello Sandra,

There might be some gyms around. There will be my wife's gym in the basement of the house which also includes a sauna. ...

Anyway, I dont like to make online transaction and I would prefer to finalize everything by the time that you will be here.

When do you expect to be here?
Would you require a parking space?

-------

The point here is asking very specific questions. Maybe I am wrong but unless I have a confirmation from someone in Calgary (where I live) that this person will be here for specific reasons, I wont do any online transaction.

I have the same issue with supposely students. In these cases, I just asking about the school and the programm that they've enrolled. If there is, I would ask about a proof that this person has been asked (confirmation letter from the University).

Post subject: Re: Sandra Shaws spam
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:27 pm 
Gold Member

The email was sent 'to' an address you know nothing about ie viper. This means that your email address was in the hidden email field called 'bcc' (or Blind Carbon Copy). This is a typical example of a spammer sending multiple unsolicited emails to potential victims.

There is nothing legitimate in the email you have shown us, it is a clear attempt at fraud.

| CyberCrimeOps.COM (Connect via Facebook) | Internet-Love-Scams.ORG |