ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beware of the Perfect Gentleman
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:11 am 

Re: Ricardo Gomez aka Benjamin Rawlins aka Lucas Bassi Dane aka Gregory McKillip aka Vincente Blasco aka Chris Fred aka Harry Johnson aka Tom Oliver aka Kevin Harry aka Larry Jeff Cole aka Jeff Coleman aka Danny Wilson aka Tommy Park aka Mike Anderson aka Jeff McCoit aka Jeffrey Scott Ray aka Jeff King aka James Best aka Christian Steward. Ricardogmez247@yahoo.com, birthdate 09/07/1962- Speaks with an accent and claims to originally be from Barcelona, Spain. IP address: 209.131.36.158 - Sunnyvale, California

I met this gentleman as Ricardo Gomez via Facebook. I've sense found a 2nd Facebook page he is using under the name Vincente Blasco. So far, I have found 19 different aliases. Unfortunately, I did not find the stolen photos he had been until after I had already been scammed by this gentleman out of a significant amount of money. Our paths crossed on Facebook in August of 2012. He was the perfect gentleman. He used the fact that I am a Christian woman and my love for God to rope me in. We used to discuss the bible in depth, pray together and talk for hours via Facebook chat, over the phone, through email and via text messages. The story I was fed was that he is self-employeed, into the oil and gas business, has a 13 yiear old daughter named Janie, lives in Charlotte, North Carolina and is widowed. He claimed his wife was tragically killed in a car accident 5 years ago. He also claimed his mother is a missionary. He speaks very fluent Spanish because I speak a little Spanish as I have been learning Spanish via Rosetta Stone. I did run a background investigation on this guy, did the reverse email search, and tried for months to find something on him but came up with nothing so I thought he was legit. Now I know why I was unable to find anything on him.

He did profess his love for me after a few weeks and like many of you have said, wrote me beautiful poetry daily. I was also fed the story about him working in the UK and Janie being in a boarding school in Nigeria. He even provided the name of the school, which is Cambridge International School. I have several members in my church who are originally from Nigeria who were able to confirm there is a school there by that name.

Well, he hit me with the robbery scheme. Claimed he got robbed by his taxi driver on his way to his hotel in Nigeria. He was supposed to be picking his daughter up in Nigeria to bring her home for the holidays. By this time we had been speaking with each other for over 4 months before he asked me for money. Before sending money, I did speak with my prayer partner who is from Nigeria who said that could have in fact happened so I sent money thinking it was true. Of course that turned into other far fetched stories and requests for money, which I refused to send. Once I started asking too many questions he backed off but I was already out of money by this time. Even after finding information on him from several other romance scam sites, which of course I DID NOT REVEAL TO HIM, and questioning him him he still insists he is Ricardo Gomez and that his identity has been stolen. He told me that he found many individuals via Google, including US Generals, whose identity has been stolen. I asked him how his pictures and words were stolen but he is sticking to his story. He is still communicating with me as of 9:30am this morning but I'm not backing down.

He uses the same kind of MO--he is building a bridge, an orphanage in Africa, on a oil rig, etc. Claims to either have a daughter or son whose ages range from 10 - 15. He will use the robbery scheme, lost his wallet, daughter/son is sick and in need of medical attention, needs money for airfare to get home, needs money for a contract/materials supplies, etc. If you hear anything that sounds remotely familiar, DO NOT SEND MONEY.

This guy is sick and in need of professional help. I told him I could not offer him any additional financial help, only my prayers for his salvation. I believe he has been in character for so long he believes his own lies. I even received texts from someone pretending to be his mother over the last 4 months or so. He runs a very sophisticated web of lies. Although I'm out of money, I will not seek vengence on him. I will pray for his salvation, forgive him and move on. I hope this post will help someone else and keep them from being scammed out of their money. I'm only sorry I found this site too late.