ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do I give them my bank account info to send me money?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:23 am 

I have been talking to this supposedly U.S. soldier currently stationed in Lagos, Nigeria. To make a long story short, I have sent him close to $10,000 for his "buy out" from the Army in order to come home. Needless to say, I quit sending money and his "buy out" was $3,000 short. He now wants to "return" the money to me and transfer money from his bank account in Zurich but needs my bank account info. BUT--I do have a checking account that has not been used in over 6 months with a balance of $2.00. Could I give him this account number just to see if he MIGHT transfer money into it so I can possibly get my money back?? With such a small balance there is no way he can take more money from me. Was just hoping to at least get something back. Any fast responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tabitha

Post subject: Re: Do I give them my bank account info to send me money?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:01 pm 

Quote:
BUT--I do have a checking account that has not been used in over 6 months with a balance of $2.00. Could I give him this account number just to see if he MIGHT transfer money into it so I can possibly get my money back??

NO. DO NOT give him any bank account number. He is just trying to scam you some more. Also DO NOT fall for the recovery scam. You will not be getting any money back. You may want to do a Google search on the different types of scams.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

Post subject: Re: Do I give them my bank account info to send me money?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:07 am 

Yes, I agree with Janez. DO NOT SEND HIM YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION! -- He is NOT going to send any money. I also have a anti-scam site and I've come across this very type of scam dozens of times. Some victims hold out for hope and continue sending money or giving personal details in the hope that they will get their money back, but the truth is these scammers don't risk any of their own money. They just lie, cheat and try to steal other peoples money.

You're now on the scammers ''sucker list'' and he will sell your email address (along with many other peoples addresses) to other scammers. You'll notice different types of scams coming in. If it's possible, you should change your email completely so you don't have to deal with these phony emails.