There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Badoo, match.com, dating site scams
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:18 pm 

Hi everyone....
I live in Canada and consider myself to be a very intelligent woman but at a vulnerable time in my life I fell for a scammer and lost $7,200. It's incredibly embarrassing, of course, but now I'm a much stronger person and I know what to look out for.

Please, please, everyone......the common denominator in all these scams, whether they claim to be military or not, is the horrible, awful English they use. Yet they claim that English is their only language! Plus there is a big difference in someone who uses English as a second language and someone who is running everything through a translator program. Remember that game we used to play as kids - whisper a phrase into someone's ear and by the time it gets to the last person in line it makes no sense? Well that's what happens when a scammer is communicating with you through a translator program.

I know there are a lot of vulnerable people out there; one's who only want to find love and someone to care about them. I know, I'm one of them. But we need to stay smart and sharp and not let these horrible people into our lives.

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Badoo, match.com, dating site scams
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:00 pm 

Sorry to hear that but i think you should post your story in detail with his e-mail address and phone number so like this people that will google before can find the infos about this person.

The golden rule like i always say: NEVER SEND MONEY TO SOMEONE YOU MEET FROM THE NET----NO MATTER THE REASON----NO MATTER THE SOB STORY...NEVER....

also i should add: NO CAM THEN CLOSE THE COMMUNICATION....you never know who is behind the cam

also even if you see the person: MAKE SURE IT IS NOT A "LOOP VIDEO" it is easy to find out...just ask the person to point at something when your are chatting. If he doesn't do it then it is probably a fake video...close all the communication

Good luck

Post subject: Re: Badoo, match.com, dating site scams
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:10 am 

Scammers hardly ever use translators. They have prefixeed messages they send you. They have some knowledge of the English language, but make very tipical mistakes that give them away when you pay attention. Sadly, you only pay attention after you have been scammed and on hindsight it is easy.