There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anastasia Dating - Where GREED Knows No Boundaries
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:40 pm 

Hello,
Just another idiot who bought into the big hype about Anastasia as the "premier" dating site for Eastern European women. Like a lot of guys have noted, as soon as I registered on the site I started getting the "pop up" invitations to chat. Then the mail started to pour in - women who pretty much all said the same thing (I am kind, sincere, cheerful, blah, blah, blah). Well, I decided, what the hell, I will buy some credits since every one seems to think this is such a great agency. (Honestly, I will give 10 to 1 odds that the "reviews were a web creation of the Anastasia & sister web sites). So, I sent one letter - took about three hours to compose and type the damn thing and I did say a lot about myself and asked a lot of questions. After all, it cost me 7 bucks to send the letter. No response. Well, I guess she's got the right not to reply. Found someone else and wrote her a long letter. Another 7 bucks. Within 10 hours I received the most generic response you could imagine. It was very obviously a form letter with my first name typed in after "Dear". She made no comments except the same idiotic "I'm a happy, cheerful, lonely woman who is looking, not for a prince, but a man with strong family values, etc". Same horse crap as in their profiles. Then, I really started looking hard at what they charged for. OVER $350 to send a little basket of flowers to a woman!!!. Or you could send her a gift of cologne (75 ml or 2.5 ounces) for $230. To look at another picture, hey that'll be another 10 credits. Maybe they could record each girl farting and charge $7 just to hear that. I looked up airfares from Washington, Dulles airport to Lugansk. The lowest fare was $899 with one stopover in Amsterdam. So, realistically, I could just save my money and fly there instead of sending a few girls a couple of dead flowers in a wicker basket. Called customer service - no refunds, no way. Not even a partial. I had paid with a debit card and took everything I had received from Anastasia to my bank and filled out the card dispute claim. The woman who looked at my letter and the response smiled and said, "Why aren't these people in prison?" She immediately reversed the charge and I got all of my money back. What I don't understand is why there hasn't been some class action suit against these kind of crooks. Maybe we are too embarrassed that we signed up with this agency to begin with. Yeah, I know, some of it may be real - just real enough to keep these scum out of prison. But it is 99 percent SCAM. There is a happy ending for me...I have a dinner date with the lady who helped me at the bank. Sorry, Anastasia.

Post subject: Re: Anastasia Dating - Where GREED Knows No Boundaries
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:53 am 

Hi please can anyone who posted about Anastasia and any other dodgy dating sites please email me on geogealexhenderson@yahoo.co.uk as I am passionate about stamping out this kind of scam this seems like a good forum but I would like to hear anyone's stories as i know a few other anti scam sites who would like to know about them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 am 

Putting your email address on any public forum isn't smart and I am certainly not going to mail you. I do not know you, therefor I do not trust you. I have no idea what will happen with my mail address once I mail you. Nothing personal. Just common sense.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:22 am 

It is simple to understand really ... so listen up guys ...

Yes ... wake up and smell the dead roses .. (haha .. I just made that up) ...

Listen ..

Nearly EVERY SINGLE profile on Anastastia Date (and their other scam websites!!!) ...

are simply FAKE!!!! You are chatting with some ugly older woman (or man) ...

So get over the fantasy and move on!! Save your money!

Are you really so surprised? Even with NO PICTURE on your profile .. you are attacked by amazingly beautiful "women" begging to chat with you ... because the person on the other end is getting COMMISSION ... etc!!! etc!!!! etc!!!!