ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kristen White
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:14 pm 

Since May 2012 me and my now ex have been victims to a romance scam. A gorgeous blonde woman called Kristen White added him as a friend. Now to start with I thought nothing of their conversations, sometimes reading the conversations between the two of them. I had my doubts and so did our friends, especially when her life story got more and more elaborate. First she was originally from Liverpool, living in the US she would come over and visit her parents every summer. Then she would come over to visit her mum, then just to visit her dad. Then she never had a mother, she died when Kristen was 2, and her dad had just recently died. Then she was struggling as she had no job and was struggling for money, but she had hope in the form of her dads lawyer. But Kristen had to get away from her uncle as he wanted her to marry one of his friends. And then came the news that she had a job in Austria with the company her dad worked for. And then all of a sudden she was getting some money from her dad thanks to shares he had in oil companies. Then she wanted my ex to start texting her and to download the whatsapp messaging, and the phone number is +2348062406788, and she still insisted she was in Austria or the US. Then she admitted that she was in love with my ex and she didn't know my ex had a partner let alone that he was engaged. Now events progressed pretty quickly after this. Within a week, she had $1.5 million and was in Nigeria getting the shares, and she had to go to China next, but she was going to come to the UK first to meet my ex and me. And then she wanted him to go travelling with her to China and the world for six months. The next day I found texts on my ex's phone where h was telling this person he loved her and how he was going to have gender with her, needless to say I left him, after for two hours he wasn't sure if he loved this person, but he wanted to go traveling. But when I decided to leave the relationship he was too busy texting this person and worried about ehat she would think about where he worked than the real world. Fast forward a few weeks and things have got interesting. After five weeks of promising to come visit him Kristen has still not turned up. But she suddenly asked him for £2000 for a plane ticket, and excuse was it was her lawyer's idea to test him if she was going to et him handle her dad's property. And she also asked him for his bank details to transfer some money over. Thankfully he had a brain to say no, yet he continued to message this person until I found this http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89 after a lot of convincing by me and a friend he finally believed us. Yet he was still not suspicious then Kristen's photos kept changing, still women with long blonde hair, yet all with different faces, yet he was so blind that he even had them as his wallpaper and screensaver on his phone! Now it's a few weeks later, I have the number for the scammer, I have forwarded it on to the Nigerian government, but she was threatening to post intimate photos of my ex on Facebook and try to ruin him by adding our friends from work etc. She also tried to get his bank details by saying she would give him money if he needed it. After a lot of wrangling and bribing, I think I may have outwitted the scammer, I have managed to stop anything else from happening. But she threatened to sue us, with the email of her lawyer, also saying that we don't need the name and address of the lawyer's firm, just his email address. Since saying I want the address no matter what I haven't heard anything, also the profile on whatsapp has disappeared. SO I have done a little digging and I have found the follwoing profiles, all started on the same day, all with the same photos of Lera Pashkeeva.
http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5968772001
http://www.hi5.com/profile.html?uid=5968772001
http://www.myspace.com/586061781
Funnily enough a couple of the profiles have been suspended for suspicious activity.

These are the email addresses
Kristen.White2008@yahoo.com
KingsleyMorgan48@yahoo.com

And the phone numbers are +2348062406788 and +19043251900

There are a few different IP addresses, so I don't know if they're emailing from one place and rerouting it via the US?
Search, Find, Track and Trace Email
Email Header Analysis
Sender IP Address: 82.145.209.45 WhoIs Lookup IP BlackList Lookup
Host Addres: z25-14.opera-mini.net

Additional IP Information About Email Sender
IP Address Country: Europe
IP Address City Location:
IP Address Region:
IP Address Latitude: 47,
IP Address Longtitude: 8
Organization: Opera Software ASA
ISP: Opera Software ASA

Can anyone help any further? Or should I just quit while I'm ahead and be thankfully no money was lost?

Map data ©2013 GeoBasis-DE/BKG (©2009), Google - Terms of Use
Report a map error20 km10 mi

Post subject: Re: Kristen White
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:55 pm 

I've just been on Facebook and this scammer has another profile, this time it is her "lawyers" name Kingsley Morgan. Now it doesn't get used regularly, shall I report it to Facebook or friend them and become a scambaiter as it were?

https://www.facebook.com/kingphadmore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 pm 

Quote:
shall I report it to Facebook or friend them and become a scambaiter as it were?

That is up to you.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:47 pm 

I have reported the profile to Facebook, and I am watching the old Facebook profile in case it get reactivated. SHould I be glad we had a lucky escape?