ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Harry Knight from Lagos, Nigeria
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:50 pm 

My relationship with HARRY KNIGHT began 3 weeks ago when I started communication with him through Match.com. HARRY KNIGHT was in love with me, a one-woman man and very romantic. I was his `baby` and going to help him get back a love life since the tragic death of his wife. He was a building contractor, widow with a 15-year old son named Cody, currently working in Lagos, Nigeria. He couldn't wait to finish his current project and get home to me.
When he asked for $500 to set up an account for payment from the job, (ironically to avoid the rampant piracy in Nigeria); it didn`t take too long to find him on scambook.com. After doing some research on Nigerian Romance Scams, I am blown away by the industry. Note: he did not get one penny from me.
DON`T GO THERE!!
I've included a sample of an email so you can see the typical poor grammar, inappropriate use of capital letter and run-on sentences:
"I am Only Dedicating all My Interest on you Because You seems to be a Very serious,sweet and responsible woman,I greatly Appreciate every word you share with me and I will be Looking Into Your Heart and see when I will be Present.This Is all New to me,I have Never done this for a Long time Nor have Hope that dating Network will work for me,I am so Happy having my daily Smile all Day Long at work that i found a special woman I am talking to on here.I want You know that this Is no dream ,Because True love can start from any Angle or Corner You know what I mean aah aha..!! It not Necessary that you found someone Physically.. ah aha,I am Giving the Founder of Dating sites a special thanks and Honor..True love is not Just a Little commitment 2 People can Just Hook-up so fast,true love is everlasting and It take the Test of time.2 People are Likely to take their time getting to know each Other Better and resolve every problem about themselves before anything could be made.Mean while Our Past has Help Us to learn more about life and the Past Also make Us who we are today in life...I am so Happy we are taking this time Getting to know each Other More better....this is Awsome!!.. "

If you're a victim, this may sound all too familiar as I'm sure they are a cut/paste group.
Remember, that if it's seems too good to be true, it cannot be true. Hope this helped someone.