ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:26 pm 
by the way I do talk to a guy on here that worked in africa for 20 yrs as head of security at some place over there and he said that they can cash their own damn checks and what would make americans think otherwise! He also said that they are not as uncivilized as they'd like you to think! so beware some more!...that was my first thought when the guy asked me to cash a check I thought wtf you can't cash a check over there?? then I thought you just did a job for them and they aren't going to pay you?? you'd think he'd get paid enough for tickets to come home with!!...I'm so glad I wasn't stupid enough to cash no check...which by the way still hasn't shown up in my mail box!

Post subject: guy from "Wyoming"
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:23 pm 
One more thing, what name did he give you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:49 am 
He said his name was Kelly Washington...which I searched all over the internet for himand his work and didn't find a damn thing..a friend of mine thinks he's a guy who tried to scam her too only he used a name of William.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:51 am 
So do you think this is the same guy? whats your story?

Post subject: Guy from Wyoming
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:00 pm 
It could be the same guy, the problem is is that he has my address, yes I was stupid, so don't want to go into a lot of detail about it. But the thing that caught my attention was the fact that he said he was from Wyoming, and from Yellowstone, which happens to be a National Park, and about the only thing Wyoming is famous for. Also, I have the phone number of guy that tried to call me from Canada when this guy was wanting his money from me, and was just wondering if it was the same #, but am scared to post it here. One problem with him not being able to get a check to you may be due to the fact that he sent me a couple of QChexs, and I figured out his password for his account their and went and changed it on him, got lucky. Any way, thanks for the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:34 am 
Yeah sounds like the same guy, said he was doing the turn around maintence on yellowstone. I have the number from canada as well it was from Quebec. I haven't checked the mail for a few days, there might be a check in there but if I do recieve one I'm just gonna black out my name and return it to them after taking a copy of it. I didn't give him my address but I wouldn't worry too much about him coming to find you he's stuck in africa remember! hahaha I would email you but what if your him! :shock: Where did you start talking to him from? Was it a dating site and what name did he use there?.....I'm thinking of reporting him to the place he was when he emailed me...his profile on there is gone, which I found is pretty ordinary thing for them to do......let me know would you? He has also stopped all contact with me, gave up easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:38 am 
my yahoo id is flamenstarr_792000 you can talk to me there if you want to. are you from wyoming?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:18 pm 
Tried to email you with some info, didn't go through.

Post subject: Scammalso
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:06 pm 
I am in the middle of a conversation right now with lovingames5@yahoo.com she is scamming me ...I did not fall for it tho I am just playing her....last night I was attempted also from another nigerian woman...both of them have sent some very attractive pics tho...I will try and post them on a site so all of u can see if they loo familar. Be on the lookout...they came from match.com

Tommy

Contact me if you want a brootal7@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:49 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

There is a Yahoo message group about these scams
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/romancescams/

and there was just recently an article on MSNBC.com about them
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8704213/

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:25 am 

Tommy-
Remember very few of the scammers in Nigeria are women. You are talking to men and they are send pictures of girls they found of the net....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:30 pm 

It has come to my attention through a victim this week that there is a gang cell in Canada running a lottery scam that have women calling victims using satellite phones right alongside the men.

The victim I just got done helping was called by a man and then a woman. Though it may be a rarety in general it does happen.

Post subject: broken hearted once now wasting their time
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:27 am 

http://profiles.yahoo.com/gs40man
I was contacted by this individual a few months ago. He instant messaged me after seeing my personal ad on Yahoo Personals. He told me he was a business man from Morristown, TN but was running his late father's business in Nigeria for four months. He had all the right moves and all the right words. I had just started dating after my failed marriage. In the end it cost me almost six thousand dollars and broke my heart.

Before I knew he was a fraud we were talking about getting marriage. I sent him money so he could come to AZ and we could start our life together. The day he was to fly in, I received an email from a supposed hospital in NIgeria saying that he was in a terrible car accident. I believed it. It was not until I made many phone calls to Nigeria and Washington did I find out the man did not exist.

I reported him to the all the agencies and pretty much got the same song and dance about there being nothing that they could reallydo. The Secret Service agent I spoke to stated that I should write an email and state that I knew they were scam and that would stop. WRONG- now they started calling the house and emailing more- saying that he was really in hospital. I decided to waste their time for awhile- I told him it was a mistake on my part and how could I make it up to him for doubting his love. This went on for a couple of more weeks. He finally asked for additional funds so he could return to states and get proper treatment for his "spinal bone injury" and pay off the $3000 surgery bill to have two doctors fly over from England- I need to go there next time I need surgery- cheap.

I sent him phoney Western Union information. When he emailed all distraught about how the numbers were wrong I emailed him the following letter-
Well honey, I guess I have failed your exam. I will never have the opportunity to answer the two other questions- especially if it means that answering means we will have to meet face to face- you know as well as I do, that will never happen.

Since you are reading this letter, you now know that there is no Western Union money waiting for you. That is because- there never was. All of this was a scam to follow where I wanted you to. I know I will never get that money back that I sent you but at least I wasted some of your time.

Well I have spent many different drafts of this letter. I still don't know which I will send, maybe I will send all. You see I have been working on this since the day after you had your accident. I will never forget the feeling of pain as I read that you had the accident but it does not compare to finding out from the American Embassy in Nigeria and the Nigerian Embassy in Washington that you did not exist. Oh I am sure that person in the picture exists, I just don't think it is who you are. Which is a shame because that picture will haunt me for the rest of my life.

I had every intention of sending this letter on my birthday- it would have been the best present that I could have given myself. I wanted so much to believe you were real- that you were truly my other half. My head knew you were just a scam- but my heart took so much longer to catch up. To be honest, there is still a small piece of my heart that does and wants to believe you are truly who you say. Despite what the embassies have said. Despite all those stores pegging your purchases as frauds prior to me even calling them.

I was willing to let you try and prove your love, but so much of what you said did not make sense. Like having surgery on part of your body that does not exist. No such thing as spinal bone honey- spinal chord. Being told you would need three weeks to recuperate and then out in less than a week. Especially since Dr. Moore- said you were in coma. You should really investigate more information about the places you are supposedly come from- and if you are truly are from Morristown- boy you surely don't know the basics of you demographics. Not a very big town at all- not the smallest but not very big. Not very safe either. But I still wanted to believe you were real- you were so close too. But when you asked for the money again, I knew it was truly a scam. It actually broke my heart all over again.

I knew once you found out that I had no money you would bolt on me. But I also knew that would mean you would have all the control. I could not let you do that. You took my love and my money. I wanted to end this on my terms at my own time. So I continued to pretend that I had a way of getting money. Truth be told, I always had it to begin with. You may have done some financial damage, but you did not finish me off. I was going to end this on my birthday- but I started enjoying playing you- playing the part of your future wife. Maybe sad as it may sound- I still wanted it to be true. And I knew as long as there was a chance of you getting money, you would keep coming back. Not because you loved me but because you are nothing but a greedy con. I never applied for a loan and never even hurt my ankle. It was just another way for me to keep you coming back- greed does that. I could have dragged this out for longer but it just hurt too much. I need to find someone who truly loves you- and who is real. You obviously are not that person.

It was very hard for me to put that Test question and answer for that Western Union- I wanted so much for you to be Anthony's dad and I Willy's mom. Obviously not you for who you are, because you are a fictitious con but what I made you to be in my heart.

The only way I would ever believe you are real, would be if you showed up on my doorstep with the dozen yellow roses and cold hard cash, as you did in my dream that day you finally instant messaged me after "your surgery". We both know that will never happen.

You have probably noticed that I am the kind of glass is half full type of person- well there is a positive to this all. Granted between your two scams- I lost six thousand dollars. I did however, learn that it is possible for me to love again. Hopefully, the next time the person will be a living breathing real man- who will truly love me and will be worthy of my love

I thought that was the end- but noooooooo- he responds a few days later with this one-

All u have accused me of is true and real, but i noticed that despite being a scam artist, i fell inlove with u and makes me cry that i wish i was real. I'm so sorry about the time i have cost u. i am not happy to be what i am today, its bcos of the hardship here in my country. And the money u gave has helped me alot to safe the life of my dieing father.

I am a 17 years old boy who left school bcos of financial reasons and became a street boy trying to survive, still no help and i quited my game soccer bcos there wasnt any support from anyone. until one day when my friend told me he got 10,000USD from scam. He gave me 500usd and i was very happy and choosed to learn more in the game. since i learnt it i have made thousands of dollars to make sure my kid sisters go to skool.

Amongst all my victims, no one has ever touched me like u do and it makes me wish i was real to have u as wife. u are very sweet, passionate and lovely. I do tell u something that u are the best woman on earth which is very true from the dept of my heart, u are the best i have ever seen. i am really sorry for everything and hope u forgive me from ur hearth even if u dont write back. there is a price to pay for every evil act which i know i will pay someday but i have no choice other than what i am doing now. i wish i can give u my real identity (name and address). It will be nice to have u as a pen mom and anthony as a pen brother but its too much to ask as i know u are very hurt and hate me more than the devil. but i assure u, with ur information i will definitely meet u someday to payback what i have cost u. i pray that God change me, help me and make me think of something better to do in future so i can repay oneday. believe me, one day i will look for u, it might take a very long time though. i just pray that God keeps u alive for me.

All this i typed with tears for real bcos u have touched me so much, but i dont thing i can stop this game now bcos there isnt anything to do now, even if u post the pic and names as scam in site. i can always change pics and scopes for my game so dont border to do so bcos it will be waste of time .

Loves u as mom from

me not Gordon smith.

So now I am wasting his time again- playing the part of his "pen mom"- I am interested in where this will go. Pretty soon reruns will be over and I can have other amusement. Right now I am having fun- it is better than crying over a broken heart over a guy who did not exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:53 am 

Please go to http://www.419eater.com and read the scambaiting forum. This man has your real information and tho he acts so innocent and contrite you do not really know him. There are many stories of harm coming to victims. He may be thousands of miles away but may have friends closer. For your safety and that of your family please drop him like the scum he is and read the forum.

Post subject: scammer pics
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:51 pm 

to see the pics nigerian scammers use go on webdate.com and do a search of nigeria and you will see the same pics over and over again. so any site your on and see the same pics you will know it is a scam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next