ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: concerned for mother in law
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:50 pm 

I am worried that my mother in law is getting in some trouble with a man she met on match.com. He is ten years younger than her and is so romantic online with her. He says he is from england and is working in nigeria. He sent her a pic and it just seems very weird. I was wondering if you all can help me to find out how to get more info on him. I am glad to see that if he asks for money or cashing checks it is a red flag. I am going to ask her about that. If you can post any info I would appreciate it, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:50 am 

SCAM! Sweetheart scam! Your mom in-law is being played and he will ask her to send him money! Or cash fraudulant checks for him - if she hasn't already. You have to confront her ASAP!!! You might try 419eater.com and post his picture there, see if anyone has seen it before - often times they send the same pictures to a number of different peope, if they have seen it before this should be proof enough, I guarantee the picture is a fake, that is your best way of confronting your MIL - good luck.

Post subject: Met 2 Nigerian Scammers on Match.com
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:00 pm 

Yahoo has a group called Romance Scams that has pictures posted of scammers from Nigeria - even though they claim to be from the United States. I found 2 (men?) that emailed me as soon as I posted a profile on Match.com. Both asked me to add them to add them to my IM so we could chat. I chatted with one for a month supposedly from Ohio who then went to work in Nigeria but when it was time to return his briefcase was stolen along with his ticket and checkbook. Could I please loan him $2000 for a return ticket. Early on he had offered me money - but when I refused - he had to go to Plan B. I didn't know I was being scammed then. I found his picture on RomanceScams. They change their names and Yahoo user ID's so look at all of the pictures. It's worth the time to look!!!

Post subject: match.com scam?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:51 pm 

there is a "girl" i am talking to on match. her name is kindheart203. "her"
yahoo thing is shypearls. "she" says her real name is Stella Tomoh. she is currently in ikeja, nigeria. she is saying she needs $600 so that she can send me $6,500 in money orders that she had with her when she was here in the states. she says there are no names on them so that i could cash them and then wire her money for a plane ticket to come here. the $600 would pay for her outstanding hotel bills and some food. supposedly i can't talk to her on the phone. she gave me the name of a guy that works at the hotel. i am supposed to send him the money and he will give it to her. also her pictures look like a little too nice. like studio prints. i think i am being scammed. i wanted to see if you all had any thoughts?
i haven't sent any money yet.

Post subject: match.com scam?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:21 pm 
Gold Member

Of course it's a scam - why does this person need $600 dollars just to send you money orders???
If you sent the money, you would never see it again. If the money orders turn up, you will be instructed to cash them, deduct your $600, and send the balance. Having done so, the money orders will be returned unpaid as they are fake/counterfeit/stolen, and you are out $6,500, and probably get arrested as well. You have been warned.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:24 pm 

Last edited by ctzn79 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: English guy in Nigeria in Love???
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:52 pm 

This guy Bill Jason, (don't call him William, he gets upset, lol) emailed me from a dating site, then we chatted on MSN messenger. He claims to be from Middlesborough England, but in Nigeria, Lagos, for 3 months working. Has a 10yr old daughter, and is religious - Christian. Owns a computer store.

First question I asked him on IM was "Is English your first language" lol, his text was so bad

He's not very good at it, and has chosen a bad story to give out. Cute picture though. lol I saw the signs from the start, but am seeing where he'll take it. Only got as far as business problems, need money...yadda yadda, can you help me.

I found his pic on

http://www.datingnmore.com/fraud/55.jpg (his name there is Anthony)

Amazing amounts of photos here people. Check it out before you hurt yourself!!!! If you don't see the signs, fun can turn to folly. I also have his email addy if anyone needs it. Let me know.

But I must share the letter he sent me 1 week after emailing!!!! Hellllooooo, you think these guys would at least try to be subtle!! Are women that willing to fall so quickly. DON'T DO IT LADIES, if it's right time will tell.

Email from him:

Dear Love,

I don't think that I tell you enough how much you truly mean to me and
how much I love you. I am proud of your achievements and impressed by your
strong will. Although I don't constantly say it, I am proud to see you
develop into who you are becoming. I love you dearly and you constantly
remain in my sweetest thoughts.... Never doubt how much you mean to me
and nevertheless how much I love you. I will remain faithfully yours until
the end of time.

Love always,

(I never thought I'd see a form love letter...insert name here...I also have to say, it was the first time his grammer was close to correct, and the first time he sounded like he spoke English)

Same deal, I'm just not patient enough to wait for the check request, but he has mentioned a euro check several times when I told him to go buy a mic for his messenger. (hint hint - he supposidly owns 2 computer stores, one in England, one in Lagos, Nigeria. Somehow though he could not obtain a mic) use a different business disguise buddy. I feel kinda bad for the guy who's photo that really is!

More later, I'm curious if anyone else has dealt this one???

***Update, while I'm typing this he's IMing me. Ok I know him maybe 3 weeks now. Not in it emotionally just waiting for this guy to slip up so I can alert all. He wants 300euro to help him out of a Tax problem with his company there. Really sad excuses , I mean really why does a 41 yr old man, father of a 10yr old girl, not have anyone else in the world he can borrow that money from except a woman he met online 3 weeks ago!!!! And how can he run a business if he does not have that kind of cash???

Too funny. He must have been chatting with a buddy or boss or someone, because he accidently typed in my window instead, saying
"her name is... "
"okay"
"my name is bill" then he quickly jumped offline.

I really wish there was some way to trace IMs, but then I guess they could trace us too.

*** any suggestions on how to handle this. He's getting impatient. I've told him I may be able to borrow the money, but I made a condition, that I needed to hear his voice. But he refused with excuses, said I could call him ( then I'm thinking he's in on some phone scan, 1 min for 200euro, lol) Is there something I can ask for to track him for the authorities?

Post subject: English guy in Nigeria...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:55 pm 

his MSN id is The right one (with emoticons of boy hugging, kiss, girl hugging) and also called bill_loving101

Post subject: Online dating scams from Lagos, Nigeria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:25 pm 

:oops: I have had 3 men, in the last two weeks try to scam me. They all three told me that they had some problem in Africa. The first was Nicholas Campbell or Nicholas Seyi, nicolascamp@yahoo.com. The second: Emmanuel Lopez from Ontario Canada, business Kelly Smith, emmanule_lopez2005@yahoo.com. The third: Mike (no last name), for Colbert, WA, USA, akwaves@yahoo.com. All have or had profiles on Yahoo! 360. They either found me on there or on Yahoo! Personals. They all say they have a single child and are widowed. They lead you on and make you like them. Watch out. Emmanuel said he was rich. He wanted to send money, by Western Union, to my bank account, but I wouldn't take it. Then the next day he wanted me to send him money. When I said I had none, he wanted the name of my bank. He then threatened me. He told me I didn't know who I was dealing with. He told me he was rich. He told me he knew who I am.
I reported all three to Yahoo!. 2 for fraud and 1 for scam. They were all in Nigeria, Africa. The last 2 from Lagos, Nigeria. I did get another IM addy from the second one. He was at a public cafe and wanted me to IM him at manjerry07. I did chat with Jerry later. He said it was a public cafe. I have incountered others on other online dating sites. I think because I am older that they think I have money. I don't.
People like this have to be stopped. If it is too good to be true, then watch out. They are out to get into your bank account, don't give out any infromation to anyone you don't know. This is taking the fun out of online dating. I am not sure what to do, but contact Yahoo! or whatever other site you are on and report them. Seems they pop up somewhere else.

Post subject: Emmanual Lopez has many other names in Lagos, Nigeria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:07 pm 

I just looked at http://www.datingnmore.com/fraud/55jpg. I found Emmauel Lopez has many other names. Look for 5 pictures of him and these names: Benny, Fred, Frank, Kenny, uwana, James Pobin, emekadeprince, John Grey, Fred4crown2001, bennycoollife, Norrington brad, Morgan, Jole, David Smith, etc... :evil: Ladies beware. Look at his picture and avoid him. He is a sweet talker and very demanding. He doesn't have much patients. He wants now. He wants a wife now. He doesn't quit. :twisted: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:37 am 
Gold Member

http://www.datingnmore.com/fraud/55jpg doesnt seem to exist.

Post subject: www.datingnmore.com
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:40 pm 

Try http://www.datingnmore.com I was there yesterday a couple of times. I found the addy on an earlier post on here.

Post subject: I am getting a little wiser
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:46 pm 

It has taken me some time to figure this out. I have written another message to Yahoo!. I will remove my name and picture from Yahoo! 360. I believe that the people who are in the scam business use pictures of the people they have scamed. :oops: Otherwise how do they get so many different pictures to display? When they work to get close to you, they keep asking for more pictures of you. This way they can build an album and work with others to share pictures. I am hiding my picture on my Yahoo! Messenger. I will only display it to people I know. Darn, I wish I had seen this before. I am building more knowledge about these people as I go along. Now, I wish there were a way to stop them. I know there are a lot of lonley people out there, I am one of them. When you are in search of someone to be close with, it is hard not to fall victim to these people who love to sweet talk you and take advantage of you. I have more than once, but knew enough not to give them some of the info they wanted. I wonder if my picture is being used to hurt some poor victim out there. Pretty scary isn't it. Just food for thought.
We need to stop these people.
Becareful out there.
Take care,
AuntieSis2000

Post subject: kayode bumi
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:17 pm 

Uses the name Toyosi on LDS Singles.com but has been since kicked off the website.

Post subject: They just don't give up.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:48 pm 

:( They just don't give up. I heard from wayneroon212 today. It was okay til he said he was in sales and marketing. Art, he said. He said his name was Mike and he was from CA. He has 1 son and his son lives in Florida. I asked about his wife and he said that she had passed away. Then he told me he was on a trip to West Africa, Nigeria, to the museum there, to buy art. :oops: I just told him I didn't want to hear from him again. Blocked him. Now I am warning you about him. He seemed more normal than the rest of the scammers there. Spelling was pretty good. Asked questions that I hadn't been asked before. Really tried to personalize the conversation.
Be careful
AuntieSis2000 :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next