There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Online Dating Service Scams
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:27 am 
looking_for_love wrote:
I was scammed by two women in Nigeria, who gained my trust and my heart. When I sent money to help get Visa and Passport to visit US, they turned out to be fake. I have identified atlease 4 other people related to these 2 women. One of the women has scammed three of us for more than 10,000 and tryed to get men to cash fake money grams in the US and other countries. The woman named Chiyerem Emeliefe and Bumi Jane Kayode have several profiles on as many as 20 online dating sites. They love to scam on christian sites, these women are not christians. I would love to be in contact withs others who have been scammed by these women. I fell there are more people that have been scammed for thousands.

U2

Here is what I have on her

Her real name is Deola
Lagos Nigeria

Alias

beautyangel012@yahoo.com
kaffyloveuall4rea@yahoo.coml
kafiforluv@yahoo.com
hannah_trust_u@yahoo.com
hannah_luv@yahoo.com
kemi_loves_u@yahoo.com
trust_me@yahoo.com
lanre_faith@yahoo.com
truthyou@yahoo.com
elizerbeth_inc@yahoo.com
umbo_me@yahoo.com
ceilia@yahoo.com
eniolaokeowo@yahoo.com
deola4keeps@yahoo.com
deola_sweet@yahoo.com
deola_trust_u@yahoo.com
kelly_pa0@yahoo.com

Regards

Christer Holm

c.holm@frohe.se

Post subject: Re: Online Dating Service Scams
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:40 am 
looking_for_love wrote:
I was scammed by two women in Nigeria, who gained my trust and my heart. When I sent money to help get Visa and Passport to visit US, they turned out to be fake. I have identified atlease 4 other people related to these 2 women. One of the women has scammed three of us for more than 10,000 and tryed to get men to cash fake money grams in the US and other countries. The woman named Chiyerem Emeliefe and Bumi Jane Kayode have several profiles on as many as 20 online dating sites. They love to scam on christian sites, these women are not christians. I would love to be in contact withs others who have been scammed by these women. I fell there are more people that have been scammed for thousands.

Please Contact me

ptr_dahl@yahoo.com

Post subject: Online Dating Scam
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:46 pm 

I too was scammed by a guy from Lagos, Nigeria. He contacted me through cupid.com. He said his name was Kenny Smith, Kenny Smith Cole. This guy sent me online checks, supposedly from his company, one to the checks cleared the bank, so I thought it was legitimate, however, shortly after wiring the money, the bank came back on me. I was only in it for $5000.00, which is alot of money. However, I recently recieved 5 more checks, totalling about $12000.00 that he assured me were good. He is still asking me to cash the checks and wire him the money. I believe his real name is Chenuda Nwatu. I have his phone number, and address, but doubt if that is going to help. I had no idea that you could go on the internet and print a check, but this guy has bank account numbers, bank names, etc of people. I also recieved three packages addressed to him that were all credit card frauds, I have sent the packages back, and called the companies. Beware of internet checks, they really look authentic.

Post subject: Re: Online Dating Scam
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:04 pm 
a guy named bryan cole wright off millionairematch.com tried to scam me with the same check scheme. however the bank recognized the counterfeit check in the ammt of 25,000.00 right away. be careful out there!!!! :shock:
periopreventer wrote:
I too was scammed by a guy from Lagos, Nigeria. He contacted me through cupid.com. He said his name was Kenny Smith, Kenny Smith Cole. This guy sent me online checks, supposedly from his company, one to the checks cleared the bank, so I thought it was legitimate, however, shortly after wiring the money, the bank came back on me. I was only in it for $5000.00, which is alot of money. However, I recently recieved 5 more checks, totalling about $12000.00 that he assured me were good. He is still asking me to cash the checks and wire him the money. I believe his real name is Chenuda Nwatu. I have his phone number, and address, but doubt if that is going to help. I had no idea that you could go on the internet and print a check, but this guy has bank account numbers, bank names, etc of people. I also recieved three packages addressed to him that were all credit card frauds, I have sent the packages back, and called the companies. Beware of internet checks, they really look authentic.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:07 pm 
by the way to i can be contacted at prettyfingers2002@yahoo.com. oh yeah i deposited that check into a brand new account i am still relatively fortunate it was discovered before i wired him the money. 25,000. would have been a tragedy no doubt
Anonymous wrote:
a guy named bryan cole wright off millionairematch.com tried to scam me with the same check scheme. however the bank recognized the counterfeit check in the ammt of 25,000.00 right away. be careful out there!!!! :shock:
periopreventer wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:12 pm 
bryan cole wright's yahoo id is emmaculate101 @yahoo.com beware of this ID
Anonymous wrote:
periopreventer wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:54 am 
kayode bumi tried to scam me on webdate but i did,nt fall for it. she is using the id bumi 22 and some pictures of a latina model.

Post subject: Scamed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:17 pm 
do you have any of these photos, I bet I was scamed (didnt actually send the money, thank God) by the same person. "She" said she was an art dealer from Pittsburgh, buying art in Nigeria. She told me she got carjacked and then needed money. Problem was she had no US phone number and no real knowledge of "American" english. I found it very odd that an international art dealer had no phone number!
The pictures were beautiful and yes that can be persuasive.
-R

Post subject: Re: Scamed
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:32 pm 
bobby wrote:
do you have any of these photos, I bet I was scamed (didnt actually send the money, thank God) by the same person. "She" said she was an art dealer from Pittsburgh, buying art in Nigeria. She told me she got carjacked and then needed money. Problem was she had no US phone number and no real knowledge of "American" english. I found it very odd that an international art dealer had no phone number!
The pictures were beautiful and yes that can be persuasive.
-R

She is on match.com. Check out profile bumi147.
I have the pictures; about 5 or so. I could tell she was a scammer, but beautiful pictures!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:25 pm 
:oops: I think some guy off of the dating site Cupid Junction just tried to scam me. He emailed me first saying he lived in Wyoming. We emailed a few times then we added each other to yahoo messenger. He just chatted about how he was working in AFRICA and that he was in the pool/resort construction business and was over there just getting done with a job. He and his son would be back in the states and then we could chat more on the right time zones. Then he tells me one day that the banks over there wouldn't cash his check to come home on cuz it was an american check and so then he had no money to get home on. He said he was waiting on some clients from the UK with the money.....well what do ya know the UK starts getting terrorized and now he can't get ahold of them! So then we talk some more and he gets to thinking! (ohhh no!) he then asks me if I have a checking account. I said uhh yeah but I'm not giving you my account number duh! he said well of course your not, you dont even know me. He then said he'd contact some clients in Canada and see if they would send me a cashiers check or money order in my name to me then I could cash it and wire it to his travel agency so he and his son could fly home! Well the flashers in my mind had already been set off, I went back to Cupid Junction to take another look at his profile and waaalaaa its GONE. I searched all over the internet for him and his business and no luck. He stated that he was going to be working in Wy. on Yellowstone National park...He gave me an address in Indiana but said his ex lived there, she took the house he got their son. I did recieve a phone call from Quebec confirming that I knew this guy and that they would over night mail me a check and that I should recieve it on Tuesday...(we'll see) He is suppose to call me today which he hasn't, this morning tho I got online and looked up online dating scams and found this site! I'm glad I did, I dont think I would have really cashed the check tho cuz I"m not financially stable enough to cover a bounced check like that! and I know better, but had alarms going off. Before I even found this site I emailed him and told him that since he was over there and all I hoped he found a way to come home and made it safe but he wasn't getting the money from me. I still don't know if he's on the up n up since I haven't gotton a reply from that email. (doubtful) Told him I was gonna take a copy of the check and then return it to the sender. IF this guy is a scammer he's is very knowledgable on the english language from what I've read on here anyways ha He does type it very well and doesnt give any hints that he doesn't know it. I also told him I"m sure he had some family members who would be willing to get him and his son home and that I couldn't believe HE was TRUSTING a total stranger with HIS money! I'm just glad I know now not to cash it at all, and if he is on the up n up then maybe he'll get over it and forgive me hehehehe........Always hear theres weirdo's on the net and scams galore so be careful out there!!!! I'll post again if and when I hear from the guy....friends of mine say be careful but theres always a chance he's real..........hmmmmmm......

Post subject: bumi147
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:13 pm 
add another alias to the list folks! its ninainore or anniejonesnina. both on match.com and have an identical profile to bumi147. tried to get me for $250 to send an airmailed check for me to cash for "her". nice try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:41 pm 
Today is Tuesday and I didn't recieve no check, wonder if the email I sent turned him off! lol....By the way his nic name on yahoo is Disney_Jucuzzi and his name in cupid junction was wildglacia.........dang and I so wanted to black my name out on that check and return it to sender!

Post subject: bumi147
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:43 pm 
I just read the bumi147 profile on match. Sure looks bogus to me. and to the person with the guy in west africa, just forget it. Dont send any money or agree to recieve anything. No info no nothing! lol - there are just too many scams out of W Africa, its just not worth it. Heres the test: if you start to act aprehensive or suspicious, they will really start to pour it on. The "girl" I talked to on match started to ask me why I couldnt trust her, and how Ive been hurt before (tried to pull a Freud on me!) , and if God thought like me he would have never sent his only son to save us, oh yes and how at first she thought that she was falling for me but now that I couldnt trust her she wasnt so sure. - ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY TRUST ME.

Post subject: Guest with guy from "Wyoming"
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:48 pm 
Could the guest that is dealing with the guy supposedly from Wyoming working in Africa please contact me at suenamiu@yahoo.com This sounds like the same guy who tryed to scam me and would like more info if you don't mind. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:41 pm 
I'm the guest and what do you want to know, about all I know is what I've already posted. He said he also had a son that was 3 and amazing enough his name was the same as my last name! Then he was put in the hospital for mosquitos he said. He was there working on a pool at some resort, then coming back to Wyoming to work on Yellowstone. Anything else?